* * * * * 5 votes

Microsoft Store - Pre-order GTA V and get 1600 Microsoft Points free

grand theft auto gtav free microsoft points

#61 M_A_C   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   358 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

bump

Here's what it says after you order:

Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase within 10 days of game being shipped. Please check your junk/spam mail. 

How to redeem your promo code: 
To get up to your free Xbox LIVE 1600 pts from Microsoft Store online, just return to the store, place the Xbox LIVE 1600 pts product in your cart, hit the “Checkout” button. You’ll see a place to enter your promo code, just enter the coupon code we will email to you after the game is shipped and hit “Apply.” Your discount will then be applied to your order. 
Valid for single use only. Does not apply to value of any taxes, shipping and handling. Only valid online at the US Microsoft Store website: www.microsoftstore.com. Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Expires 12/31/2013.

#62 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7037 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I wonder if we will get the blimp, or is that just an amazon thing?

#63 Xritke   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I wonder if we will get the blimp, or is that just an amazon thing?

I think all pre-orders, regardless of where you get it from, has the blimp.

#64 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Is it the 17th yet? I'm seriously jonesing here...

#65 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Here's what it says after you order:

Ok but what I'm reading are instructions that the preorder bonus will simply be a promotion code to make your 1600 points free.

My question is will these 1600 points expire in a year like the transition currency are set to expire next summer. Basically what happens to all of the 1600 point cards floating out there that have been activated but unredeemed?

#66 gogomo  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

Ok but what I'm reading are instructions that the preorder bonus will simply be a promotion code to make your 1600 points free.

My question is will these 1600 points expire in a year like the transition currency are set to expire next summer. Basically what happens to all of the 1600 point cards floating out there that have been activated but unredeemed?

I think this is what you're looking for, from Microsoft's site:

Microsoft Points cards and codes that you have purchased and choose to redeem after your account has transitioned will expire one year from the date the Points are redeemed.

It says points/code that you purchased, but that applies to the ones you are given as part of this deal as well.  Since everyone should've been transitioned already, whenever you decide to redeem your code, you have one year until that $20 expires.

#67 DaBadGuyCR   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

DaBadGuyCR

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Does anyone know if Best Buy will price match the 1600MP card?   It says it won't price match gift cards but this isn't a gift card it's a product. 

#68 gogomo  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Does anyone know if Best Buy will price match the 1600MP card?   It says it won't price match gift cards but this isn't a gift card it's a product. 

BB price matches pre-orders??  Genuine question; I'm not being wise...I've never heard of price matching a pre-order before...

Usually price matching is only for in-stock items.  Since a pre-order isn't technically in-stock, I would venture to say no.

#69 DaBadGuyCR   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

DaBadGuyCR

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

BB price matches pre-orders??  Genuine question; I'm not being wise...I've never heard of price matching a pre-order before...

Usually price matching is only for in-stock items.  Since a pre-order isn't technically in-stock, I would venture to say no.

I've done it before with a game.

I think it was Halo 3 for $50 

#70 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I think this is what you're looking for, from Microsoft's site:

Microsoft Points cards and codes that you have purchased and choose to redeem after your account has transitioned will expire one year from the date the Points are redeemed.

It says points/code that you purchased, but that applies to the ones you are given as part of this deal as well. Since everyone should've been transitioned already, whenever you decide to redeem your code, you have one year until that $20 expires.

Thanks gogo. That's a little disappointing that I have to keep track of my points cards now after redemption.

#71 gogomo  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thanks gogo. That's a little disappointing that I have to keep track of my points cards now after redemption.

You could always wait to redeem them when you need them.  I don't think point cards/codes expire.  Also, on that same page, they say the marketplace will automatically use the points with the earliest expiration date so that helps a bit.

#72 Central Scrutinizer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Central Scrutinizer

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Don't expect to get it fast.  MS store shipping is crazy long.

I preordered five games from them last year, when they were offering $20 in store credit with certain preordered games.

All five of those games arrived on the game's launch day, with no additional shipping fees.

Either they've changed a lot since last year, or one of us has no idea what we're talking about.

#73 Franzen40   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

For those that have pre-ordered from the MS store before and gotten their items on release day, how do they usually ship? USPS or UPS?

#74 TheRobReport   Stoned Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

TheRobReport

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

I LOVE RELEASE DAY DELIVERY.

I did the same deal with Bioshock Infinite and didn't get the game til half my buddies had beat it. 

#75 Elite49   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

For those that have pre-ordered from the MS store before and gotten their items on release day, how do they usually ship? USPS or UPS?

It says by the 15th you need to order so I'm guessing UPS. I was just about to do this offer but decided against it since I already have it preorder on Amazon. Don't really need the $20 fun bucks.

#76 PenDynasty  

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

It says by the 15th you need to order so I'm guessing UPS. I was just about to do this offer but decided against it since I already have it preorder on Amazon. Don't really need the $20 fun bucks.

Doesn't hurt turning around and flipping the fun bucks for cash back. GTA for $45~

#77 Elite49   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Doesn't hurt turning around and flipping the fun bucks for cash back. GTA for $45~

Yep right after posting decided to do this. Mine also says back-ordered but with that "guarantee" of release date delivery and everyone else under the moon not having an issue with stock I'd assume its fine. Might be a really popular game but not enough for the MS Store to not order enough XD.

#78 jhferry   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

How did you flip the fun bucks?

#79 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7037 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

How did you flip the fun bucks?

Im sure you can sell 20 dollars for 15 to someone around here. I was thinking of doing the same.

#80 Goodbyemrcool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Goodbyemrcool

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Well just got charged for my order, hopefully it ships soon.

#81 k04sm02   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Just got my shipping notification for this (with the next-day air).  Strong chance it's just the shipping label created.  At worst it looks like I'll get it by Tuesday, but Monday would be quite the surprise. 

#82 muzzymate   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

muzzymate

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

I forgot that I left my card in an ATM machine and the card was discontinued.  Got a notification they cancelled my order last night because they couldn't charge the account. 

Reordered but looks like I'm at the back of the line now. Doh!

#83 tamagoyorokobi  

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

My status still says "BackOrdered" so I did a quick live chat and the guy confirmed that all pre-orders will have their copies arrive on release day (9/17).

#84 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

My order from a few weeks back is backordered. *cries*

#85 Franzen40   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Getting a little nervous that some people's orders say "in process" and have received shipping notifications when mine is still back ordered... I know they keep saying everyone gets it release day but I'm starting to doubt it.

#86 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

My order from a few weeks back is backordered. *cries*

Just got shipping email! Woot!

#87 tamagoyorokobi  

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just got shipping email! Woot!

Me too!

#88 PAULINK   Woah, I can edit this? CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Man, of course I didn't have enough money in my account (was sending it via paypal) so it cancelled, good thing I can still get release day shipping and the 1600 points though if I order before a certain time on monday.

#89 TheRobReport   Stoned Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

TheRobReport

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Just had the money taken out of my account! I am so excited! I almost wanna take off Wednesday off work so I can crack out on in Tuesday night.

#90 Dishinshoryuken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Dishinshoryuken

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

I want to do this but not a fan of the GTA games. That free 1600 would be nice to grab.

Good gaming to all that got the offer and the game.

Cheers