* * * * * 5 votes

Microsoft Store - Pre-order GTA V and get 1600 Microsoft Points free

grand theft auto gtav free microsoft points

#241 Meezah   Sadbaby Attack! CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

Got my email code sent around 1pm today. Not sure I'll be abusing that

#242 wigglesizking   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

wigglesizking

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

bah, I used it twice on a digital code. Honestly, so what if they ban me. I am out of that eco-system come november anyway. Tired of paying for services that are free elsewhere. 

Funny that PSN+ isn't free come November and is required for MP on PS4.

#243 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2861 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

I bought 2 copies of the game, one as a gift, and only got a code for one code. Called up asking about my second code, they said they weren't sure. I read the terms and conditions before I bought it, and the limit was 3, and I asked them before I bought it and they said if I bought it I'd get two codes. I don't know why I listened, it's Digital River after all. So technically I abused the code to get two, but I honestly did buy two copies of the game for that reason. Now to give the code to my friend.

#244 cagdude  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Did everyone already receive their free points? I ordered mines on 15th, should I contact CS?

#245 usickenme   I'm the a-hole CAGiversary!   2559 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

usickenme

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Funny that PSN+ isn't free come November and is required for MP on PS4.

I wasn't talking MP, I don't use but nice try!

#246 TurboNerd   I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me! CAGiversary!   1988 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I thought 1600 points = $20. When I applied the code it converted it to $29. Weird.

#247 muzzymate   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

muzzymate

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I thought 1600 points = $20. When I applied the code it converted it to $29. Weird.

1600 = $20. You got lucky if it applied as $29. Did you check out http://commerce.microsoft.com? Are you sure you didn't have a balance previously?

You should have seen a line item on the Commerce site as below.

Microsoft account credit : 20.00

Purchase 9/23/2013 

#248 zohar   ゾハル CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

I haven't gotten my code yet.. anyone else in the same boat?

I preordered my copy kind of late. Like a few days before launch, lol.

#249 Laughing Buddha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Laughing Buddha

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

I pre-ordered 2 copies of GTA V and only received one email for 1600 points. I contacted Microsoft twice to resolve the issue and was told the first time to call back because it was within 10 days of purchase, and I was told the second time that I still might receive them and to call back on Tuesday Oct 1st if I didn't and they would resolve the issue.

LB

#250 pjb16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

I pre-ordered 2 copies of GTA V and only received one email for 1600 points. I contacted Microsoft twice to resolve the issue and was told the first time to call back because it was within 10 days of purchase, and I was told the second time that I still might receive them and to call back on Tuesday Oct 1st if I didn't and they would resolve the issue.

LB

I ordered one and haven't got my code.  I called last Friday and the CSR said to wait until Saturday because it still might come by end of the day Friday.  Called back on Saturday and the guy told me to wait until the 1st because it might come by then.  Wish they'd have just told me the 1st when I called initially.

#251 Laughing Buddha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Laughing Buddha

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

I ordered one and haven't got my code.  I called last Friday and the CSR said to wait until Saturday because it still might come by end of the day Friday.  Called back on Saturday and the guy told me to wait until the 1st because it might come by then.  Wish they'd have just told me the 1st when I called initially

I called back today and was to that they would accelerate my case and have it resolved within 24-48 hours. I'm a bit annoyed that it has taken so long but at least I'm getting my points.

LB

#252 Cheetorlives   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Cheetorlives

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

I just called today because my code still hasn't arrived.

For the record, this is the second order I've placed on MS store and have had problems both times.

Though, the first time was due to UPS not delivering my package when they said they did.

My temptation to try abusing the code is high given I'm pretty unlikely to shop on MS store again.

#253 DrunkTigerWoods   Madness and malarkey! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

DrunkTigerWoods

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

I haven’t received it yet. I spoke with them on chat on 10/1, guy said I should get the email the following day. I waited two days now and nothing. I talked to them on chat again and now I have to call them. Ugh. I can say I won't be using there site again. Burn me once and I'm out.

#254 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Anyone else yet to receive their code? I'm still waiting... :\

#255 PatchMaster   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

PatchMaster

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Never got mine either. WTF MS?

#256 Laughing Buddha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Laughing Buddha

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

I've made 7 calls to them stating that I only received one pre-order code when I should have received two and it still has not been taken care of. To be fair 1 of the 7 calls was before the 10 day time frame they had to email the code and another on the 10th day. My complaint has been escalated once which they didn't have a record so I had to have it escalated again which resulted in another call where a supervisor essentially told me he was escalating the escalation (OH NO I'VE GONE CROSS EYED!!!) and that it will be taken care of by Oct 10th almost a full month since the pre-order was charged to my card.

LB

#257 Laughing Buddha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Laughing Buddha

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Well what do you know, I checked my email and they sent me the code for the points.

LB

#258 DrunkTigerWoods   Madness and malarkey! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

DrunkTigerWoods

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

After I called them, I got the email two days later. Not the greatest customer service where it takes 3 attempts to get results.

#259 aardvarkgod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

aardvarkgod

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

I'm on my 6th call to them to get my points.  Each time they escalate it higher and tell me 24-72 hours.  I give them a week, call back and get the same thing.  They've told me that I ordered after the deadline, but the site still had the promotion live when I went there and my email states I'd receive the code within 10 days.  It's been a month now and still nothing.

#260 aardvarkgod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

aardvarkgod

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

So, just noticed there is a potential exploit with those codes.  With all the hassles I've dealt with, I might need to do this.  It did take me months to get my account unbanned (twice, actually) from that XB1 promo in May.  I had to use a secondary account to order GTA V as the rep told me they wouldn't have my main account fixed in time.  So, on the recommendation of the MS rep, I have another account not associated with my main.  5 calls and missed deals on my main account, 6 calls and utter frustration on this pre-order deal...I may have to double-dip :(

#261 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8943 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I called yesterday and they promised to send the code in an email that never came. So I called today and after like 20 minutes on the phone, the lady directly sent me an email with the code. Microsoft makes these things so difficult...

#262 wigglesizking   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

wigglesizking

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

Has everyone been charged for GTA V?  I've recieved the game day of and my 1600 Microsoft Points when I was supposed to but when I went to check my bank account recently I wasn't charged yet. It shows nothing pending in my statement it just shows my recent transaction which was a deposit I made to pay for the game.