GGT 265 Declares 2DS the winner of Next-Gen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I already picked up Monster Hunter when it was on sale @amazon. I have Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost Worlds, and Bayonetta 2 on preorder. And I will likely pick up Luigi U, Wonderful 101, X, Smash Bros., and a lot more. There's actually a lot of stuff I'm interested in for Wii U.
Not sure if you've played the first two Pikmin games, but if you're into them, the third one is excellent. I finally got around to starting it this week and I'm absolutely loving it. And since you're interested in Rayman Legends, the free Challenges App is worth a download.

Looks better then the vita
G6GfvBy.jpg

Yeah saw that on GAF. Funny, but not true.

Quoting myself from the last thread since I didn't realize it was over 500:

Yeah, I'd be down for Smash whenever that comes out. I suck at that game pretty bad. I'm considering getting MH 3DS with my eShop credit because then I can play with my own screen with my kids.

I played the Origins demo on a Wii U demo unit and it was way fun. The Rayman games work so well on Wii U. I was convinced.

A price drop is a price drop. They way Nintendo was fronting at their pressers made me think they weren't going to do it at all because software, but good on them to take their head out their ass for once.

2DS though...I dunno what the fuck they are thinking there. Talk about giving people what they never asked for.

Ironically, Nintendo cannot give people what they really did ask for, in revamping the messed up account system. I know their core audience is younger, but that doesn't excuse them for implementing that shitty, backwards, clumsy mess that's been festering for years.

I have tried the previous Pikmin, but I could never get into them. I'd give 3 a shot, but it's not high on my list right now. Too much shit coming out in the next few months. Definitely getting Rayman and free challenge stuff doe.

Reposting because it's important

K, time to say stuff.

Wii U price drop - More like replacing the 8GB model with the 32GB, some price drop!

2DS - Nice toy

Nintendo still confused about account system - lol

Wonderful 101 bombing in Japan - Wii U owners have no taste

Steam greenlit games -
shaq-fu%2196.gif
yeah, Shantae, it's about time

Miku - Uguu~

KoFXIII PC Beta - All I fucking get are 1 bars, how can I test this shit? Needs an open beta.

SRIV - I've got the touch, I've got the power

Yeah saw that on GAF. Funny, but not true.
Yeah, that's where I got it from.

And yeah, 2DS is lame as shit. Getting rid of 3D for a cheaper model is fine (I never turn it on anyway), but I don't get the hideous design vs. just putting out the same design without 3D screens.

As for Vita vs. 3DS, that's just personal preference. I have no interest in playing current console-like games on a tiny screen so the Vita doesn't appeal to me at all. 3DS only did as a cheaper way to get my Nintendo game fix--and I'm not sure I'll keep that after moving in with the girlfriend as I can just never get motivated to play it when gaming on the big screen is an option. Plus their cartoony games, and last gen power on Wii/Wii U, means their games don't benefit much from a big HDTV anyway IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'd be down for Smash whenever that comes out. I suck at that game pretty bad. I'm considering getting MH 3DS with my eShop credit because then I can play with my own screen with my kids.
Haha fair enough, I like to consider myself decent enough at those games, I can usually win amongst my friends and did pretty good at Brawl online, but I look forward to playing with everyone here. That's a good use of the credit if you want to do some local co-op, plus the co-op is really what makes those games IMO

The 2DS will probably do well... It's $40 less than the original 3DS with a slightly larger screen and the 3DS screen is bad for little kids' eyes anyway.

The slab design is also harder for kiddies to snap in half than a clam shell. 

Yeah, that's where I got it from.

And yeah, 2DS is lame as shit. Getting rid of 3D for a cheaper model is fine (I never turn it on anyway), but I don't get the hideous design vs. just putting out the same design without 3D screens.

As for Vita vs. 3DS, that's just personal preference. I have no interest in playing current console-like games on a tiny screen so the Vita doesn't appeal to me at all. 3DS only did as a cheaper way to get my Nintendo game fix--and I'm not sure I'll keep that after moving in with the girlfriend as I can just never get motivated to play it when gaming on the big screen is an option. Plus their cartoony games, and last gen power on Wii/Wii U, means their games don't benefit much from a big HDTV anyway IMO.

Watch out, Frost comin' for you. haha j/k. Vita is badass. I love it. I'm still on the fence with Spelunky though. Cross-buy is so tempting, but it seems like there are some bugs/frame-rate issues. In fact, there are a few games on Vita that seem to have fps issues.

That reminds me, I have a huge PSP backlog. I completely forgot how much I invested into the system and I have a lot of good games for it. I was thinking of selling the whole thing off, but now I'm not going to. As long as it still works. Kind of a shame it's no longer supported, but then again, good riddance to UMDs and that single analog nub.

Also, it was mentioned that the two 2DS screens are actually...a single touchscreen? I gotta confirm that, because if true, that is kind of a big deal.

The 2DS will probably do well... It's $40 less than the original 3DS with a slightly larger screen and the 3DS screen is bad for little kids' eyes anyway.

The slab design is also harder for kiddies to snap in half than a clam shell.

Kids will find a way to fuq dat shit up. Clam shells are the bomb. Helps keep the thing portable. You can turn the 3D off on any 3DS so making a whole new device just for that is...I dunno...I'm confused.

Watch out, Frost comin' for you. haha j/k. Vita is badass. I love it.
Vita is definitely awesome hardware, and no doubt great for people who game a lot on the go.

I never game on the go (just got the 3DS to have something easier to take back and forth between my condo and the girlfriend's place--don't even take it on out of town trips as I don't game when traveling), and just can't see playing stuff like Uncharted, Killzone and what not at home on a little screen instead of the 55" TV and surround sound setup.

I'm there for the story and immersion first, and gameplay second, so the big screen and sound system make a huge difference to my game enjoyment.

Also, it was mentioned that the two 2DS screens are actually...a single touchscreen? I gotta confirm that, because if true, that is kind of a big deal.
It's not. You can clearly see the plastic border between the screen in real pictures.

You probably saw some user mockups (there were some on GAF) showing how they though it should have been--one ttouch screen (to be like tablet) and just put black borders around it for dual screen games.

fuck it mociwe I'm gonna buy it

shit I need a CC added to my account to buy MS points what is this sorcery

Plus their cartoony games, and last gen power on Wii/Wii U, means their games don't benefit much from a big HDTV anyway IMO.
I actually think cartoony games look awesome in HD. I'm much more impressed by that kind of stuff in HD than I am realistic graphics in HD. Also, Nintendo doesn't really do this, but nice clean 2D sprites in HD make me especially :drool: . I'd like to see something like Wario Land Shake It in HD.

My 10 year old wants this already.  They say they are aiming it at kids.  At least 1 kid is going to buy get it for the holidays.

I actually think cartoony games look awesome in HD. I'm much more impressed by that kind of stuff in HD than I am realistic graphics in HD. Also, Nintendo doesn't really do this, but nice clean 2D sprites in HD make me especially :drool: . I'd like to see something like Wario Land Shake It in HD.
Fair enough. It's just a too each, their own thing. I'm not really into animated movies etc. either, so I don't play many cartoony games. I just can't get immersed in them like I can more realistic looking graphics in something like Skyrim.

I feel bad for lance he's making these crazy props and his title is ''roommate'' Hold dat friendship card dawg

I get that you aren't really a handheld gamer but the Vita isn't all console-like games. The most current offerings are actually quite the opposite.

I get that you aren't really a handheld gamer but the Vita isn't all console-like games. The most current offerings are actually quite the opposite.
Oh I know. I just don't play many indie/old school type games. And if I wanted to, there are plenty on PSN for PS3 and on 3DS. As well as all the iOS stuff.

So no need to get a portable for that personally.

I got a 3DS for stuff like Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem etc. If I got a Vita, it would be for stuff like Uncharted Golden Abyss, Killzone etc. I'm just more open to playing the Nintendo console-like games on a tiny screen than the Sony ones for the reasons outlined prior.

Agreed.

Yaya Han #1 fan.

I'm partial to Crystal Graziano myself.

2DS is stupid.

The only stupid thing is the price. This really should take over the $99.99 slot of the DSi. $130 is so middling, considering $40 more will get you a "real" 3DS. Still, I think my son will like this and he is looking forward to upgrading so he can play X/Y. I think the timing is pretty good overall.

Played the KoFXIII PC beta, if the netcode stays like this then ya'll can buy it.

Well, that is all the endorsement I need.

Wait, so as someone who was going to buy a 3DS XL, should I buy this 2DS thing instead?

I have no clue what it is or what it does cuz I'm lazy. I'm assuming by the name that they took out the 3D? Should I care?

Someone tell me plz.

Damnit, Blizzard. I want a Hearthstone beta key. ;___;
Me too.

We should play together.

Not just that game, but anything.

I miss you.

I like your name and avatar. You should post in here more.

Wait, so as someone who was going to buy a 3DS XL, should I buy this 2DS thing instead?

I have no clue what it is or what it does cuz I'm lazy. I'm assuming by the name that they took out the 3D? Should I care?

Someone tell me plz.
No, IMO anyway.

Smaller screen sucks--I'd have never bought a 3DS if not for the XL.

Clam shell design is much nicer so you can just chuck it in a backpack etc. with less worry about scratching the screen etc.

3D is cool at times. I turn it off most of the time, but it is pretty neat in short bursts in some games.

K, time to say stuff.

Wii U price drop - More like replacing the 8GB model with the 32GB, some price drop!

2DS - Nice toy

Nintendo still confused about account system - lol

Wonderful 101 bombing in Japan - Wii U owners have no taste

Steam greenlit games - fuck yeah, Shantae, it's about time

Miku - Uguu~

KoFXIII PC Beta - All I fucking get are 1 bars, how can I test this shit? Needs an open beta.

SRIV - I've got the touch, I've got the power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYRxf13tIg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back