Both George Bushs did not show up to the Lincoln Memorial MLK 50th aniv. speech

Finger_Shocker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hmmmm... the only Republicans ex-presidents alive that didn't show up...

Bet the Tea Party was a no show as well

Or much of any REPUBLICANS or R's....

I wonder why?

Bush Sr's been sick, so I guess he has a built in excuse if they wanted to use one.  Not sure what Jr's up to.  Was gonna say maybe he's still clearing brush from that brush replicating Ranch he owned, but he sold that immediately after leaving office (he bought it just before taking office so he'd have somewhere to go when he was constantly on vacation).

I dunno what their issues are, but it will be ignored by the media (Except MSNBC which will of course hammer them for it).  If Obama doesn't do something though, then it's a major issue that every network is forced to cover. *shrugs*

Just the way shit is.

Who cares? Does it make the speech any less relevant? Is it somehow a blow towards improving the quality of racial equality in this country because a couple of ex-presidents weren't there?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/08/28/bill-oreilly-falsely-claims-republicans-barred/195656

Fox host Bill O'Reilly falsely claimed that "no Republicans and no conservatives were invited" to participate in attend the anniversary of the March on Washington. Several prominent Republicans were invited, but chose not to attend.

On the August 28 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly hosted Democratic strategist James Carville to discuss the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington. During the discussion, O'Reilly complained that President George W. Bush was not invited to speak. O'Reilly later claimed that "[n]o Republicans and no conservatives were invited." O'Reilly went on to respond to Rep. John Lewis' statement that "we're all in the same boat" by asking "Where's the conservative side to that boat?"

Contrary to what O'Reilly said on-air, several Republicans were invited to participate in the event, including both President George W. Bush and President George H. W. Bush. Both declined due to health concerns. According to ABC News, both Republican House Speaker John Boehner and House Majority Whip Eric Cantor were invited to attend but did not do so with their offices citing scheduling conflicts:

House Speaker John Boehner was invited to participate, but with Congress - and Boehner -- out of town on recess this week, he chose to speak at the congressional ceremony marking the 50th anniversary last month. Boehner's office also points out that House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid also spoke at that ceremony but weren't in attendance today.

The office of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., released this statement: "Our press office was sent a request to speak 12 days ago. The Leader is travelling in North Dakota and Ohio today. But I do point you to a piece he wrote for Yahoo yesterday."

but...................... Republicans aren't RACISTs!!!!!!

They just don't want to be near black people... or at least alot of black people..
My grandparents, like most older Southerners I know, are Republicans. They were both born into large, dirt poor, farming families from Tennessee. Since retirement, around 2001, they've spent at least 2 months out of every year on group trips to aid impoverished areas in South America and Africa. Building homes/roofs, administering first aid, providing dental examinations, etc. and on their own dime to top it off.

You're SOOO right. Republicans must not be able to stand blacks or any other races, for that matter.

So why is George Bush constantly in Africa? Lol doofus

Because he likes to point fingers and make fun of their hygiene. Duh.

My grandparents, like most older Southerners I know, are Republicans. They were both born into large, dirt poor, farming families from Tennessee. Since retirement, around 2001, they've spent at least 2 months out of every year on group trips to aid impoverished areas in South America and Africa. Building homes/roofs, administering first aid, providing dental examinations, etc. and on their own dime to top it off.

You're SOOO right. Republicans must not be able to stand blacks or any other races, for that matter.
Yeah, lemme know when bible study isn't involved/required in receiving those "good" deeds. :roll:

It's one thing to go down like Doctors WIthout Borders and another when you're part of a church group trying to colonize an area through religious indoctrination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, lemme know when bible study isn't involved/required in receiving those "good" deeds. :roll:

It's one thing to go down like Doctors WIthout Borders and another when you're part of a church group trying to colonize an area through religious indoctrination.
You should talk about how blacks help poor whites.

It's obvious that the Bush's didn't want to go support the legacy of that flaming far left leaning hoodie wearing liberal MLK....

oh wait a minute... he was none of those things 

You should talk about how blacks help poor whites.
Why should I? Can you show me evidence of this Bizarro Earth where the roles of race are reversed? Did you watch White Man's Burden and think that it was real or something? Or I know, let's try to stay on topic for once.

It's obvious that the Bush's didn't want to go support the legacy of that flaming far left leaning hoodie wearing liberal MLK....

oh wait a minute... he was none of those things
Irony is that is you were alive back then, you'd be reviling him for being a communist and an agitator. Next thing you know, you're going to tell me that he was a republican as if republicans from that area and era are of the same stripe today. If he were alive today, you fucks would be mocking him like Sharpton and Jackson. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with some of his writings rather than where ever the hell it is that you get your info from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should I? Can you show me evidence of this Bizarro Earth where the roles of race are reversed? Did you watch White Man's Burden and think that it was real or something? Or I know, let's try to stay on topic for once.
LOL. I did not realize white men were indebted to blacks. I guess whites also owe to native Americans.

MLK is the single most overrated player in the civil rights movement. He was not a good person ethically, and purely in my opinion, if he were still alive today, he'd be just as much of an opportunist and self-serving punk-ass as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Civil Rights shouldn't pay as well as it did for Jackson and Sharpton (and a host of white lawyers).

Malcolm X was far more noble, later in his life preached a much more reasonable message, but he scared white people so he's vilified to this day. He fought against two groups. Racist establishment in America that was white, and extremist blacks who insisted on isolationism over cooperation.

As to why the Bush's didn't show up...who cares? As others have mentioned, Sr. has been on and off his death bed effectively for months, and how out of place would Bush Jr. who has been told he "hates black people" literally, or has been alleged to be purely a representative for rich whites, when in reality, he was pretty popular in the Texas Hispanic community, and his initial goals were in providing AIDS support to Africa. If that was with condoms stapled to a Bible, or no strings attached, the intention of using federal funds to help a continent in overwhelming poverty and amidst a health epidemic, he allocated an incredible amount of money to those causes.

I strongly dislike Jr, actually like Sr quite a bit, but making it some racial statement that they weren't there is idiotic. The whole thing was a PR-fest circle jerk anyway.

bread's done
Back