*Starts 08/29* Amazon PC Digital Download Labor Day Mega Sale

88wwmm

CAGiversary!
*Starts 08/29* Amazon PC Digital Download Labor Day Mega Sale.

Some best bets:
 1.Deadlight + Mark of the Ninja + Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet + Toy Soldiers + Iron Brigade  ($7.50)
 2.XCOM: Enemy Unknown w/ Two DLC  ($10)
 3.Civ 5 Complete + Brave New World ($30)
 4.The Walking Dead + 400 Days  ($10)
 5.Tomb Raider ($14)
 6.Mass Effect Trilogy ($15)
 7.Deus Ex: Human Revolution Enhanced Pack - (Human Revolution Augmented + Missing Link DLC + Explosive Pack + Tactical Pack) ($5)
 8.Sleeping Dogs w/ DLC Bundle($15)
 9.Saints Row The Third: The Full Package ($7.50)
 10.Fable: The Lost Chapters + Fable III Bundle w/ DLC ($7.50)
 11.Battlefield 3 Premium Edition ($20)
 12.Bioshock Infinite ($20)
 13.Bioshock 1 + 2 ($5)
 14.Beyond Good and Evil ($2.50)
 15.Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe ($5)
 16.Pixeljunk Eden ($5)
 17.Burnout Paradise Ultimate Pack w/ DLC ($7.50)
 18.Kingdoms of Amalur Complete ($10)
 19.Sonic Generations($6)
 20.Singularity ($7.50)

Last edited by a moderator:
Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection - $9

That's a steal there, 9 bucks for 17 games (all updated to run on modern O/S's) + some soundtracks. There are some genuine classics in there:

• Command & Conquer
  • Command & Conquer The Covert Operations
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 (one of the best PC games ever made, IMO)
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
  • Command & Conquer Renegade
  • Command & Conquer Generals
  • Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
  • Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
  • Command & Conquer 3 Kane’s Wrath
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
  • Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight

So uh, basically all the exact deals they ran a year ago? ;-)

.. with minor additions

[typical MysterD question]

So, I'm guessing this might be the best deal so far for XCOM: EU + ALL the DLC's?

So, what's best XCOM EU been alone?

And all the DLC's?

And/Or all of it bundled altogether?

[/typical MysterD question]

how does amazon do digital sales? Is it just through steam or do you need their own client or how does it work?

Nothing too interesting for me here except maybe that mark of the ninja/deadlight bundle

how does amazon do digital sales? Is it just through steam or do you need their own client or how does it work?

Nothing too interesting for me here except maybe that mark of the ninja/deadlight bundle
Depends.

On the Amazon game-page, it'll usually list what the DRM is.

It's often at the top.

Sometimes, additional info for DRM is listed in the system requirements section.

For Non-Steam games - you'd normally DL the game via Amazon Downloader program; DL game installer files; and then install the game.

Steam games are easy - jump in your Amazon account; get your game key; and register your game on Steam.

Same pretty much goes for Origin - but, you'd instead be registering the game up on your Origin account.

God, I have BG&E on the PS2, 360 and PS3, why am I about to buy it on the pc? I'm assuming it activates on Steam, right?
And I'm so f'ing in on Amular.

Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection - $9

That's a steal there, 9 bucks for 17 games (all updated to run on modern O/S's) + some soundtracks. There are some genuine classics in there:

• Command & Conquer
  • Command & Conquer The Covert Operations
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
  • Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 (one of the best PC games ever made, IMO)
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
  • Command & Conquer Renegade
  • Command & Conquer Generals
  • Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
  • Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
  • Command & Conquer 3 Kane’s Wrath
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
  • Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight
Too bad it wasn't Steam DRM....

Steam games are easy - jump in your Amazon account; get your game key; and register your game on Steam.

Same pretty much goes for Origin - but, you'd instead be registering the game up on your Origin account.
Can't speak for Steam, but since I just bought the C&C Collection, I can tell you that you actually link your Origin account to Amazon, and once you submit your order the games are auto-registered to your Origin.

Thinking about picking up Vanguard Princess for $2.50. Anybody know if it has online multiplayer? All I could find was information about the Japanese (free) version.

God, I have BG&E on the PS2, 360 and PS3, why am I about to buy it on the pc? I'm assuming it activates on Steam, right?
And I'm so f'ing in on Amular.
B/c BG&E is an amazing game. ;)

Plus - PC is usually the best version, anyways. ;)

{shoulder shrug}

And BTW - from the looks of *THIS* page and a review on it, doesn't look like THIS version uses Steam:

http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-Ubisoft-008-Beyond-Good-Download/dp/B0034KYBXU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377807406&sr=8-3&keywords=beyond+good+and+evil+pc

No, you don't get any key at all, just a download

Depends.

On the Amazon game-page, it'll usually list what the DRM is.

It's often at the top.

Sometimes, additional info for DRM is listed in the system requirements section.

For Non-Steam games - you'd normally DL the game via Amazon Downloader program; DL game installer files; and then install the game.

thanks. I read the page and i see no mention of what DRM stuff it has. At the very bottom it says requires a steam accout to activate so im guessing that means you get steam keys for the whole bundle? this is the link to it
http://www.amazon.com/5-Game-Arcade-Indie-Pack-Download/dp/B00B1ULJI0/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1377847200&sr=1-4

I dont want to get a cruddy amazon d.loader so if this just a steam key its probably worth it

thanks. I read the page and i see no mention of what DRM stuff it has. At the very bottom it says requires a steam accout to activate so im guessing that means you get steam keys for the whole bundle? this is the link to it
http://www.amazon.com/5-Game-Arcade-Indie-Pack-Download/dp/B00B1ULJI0/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1377847200&sr=1-4

I dont want to get a cruddy amazon d.loader so if this just a steam key its probably worth it
If it's mixed DRM, it usually says so up on top.

Mixed DRM = some games might be registered to a service (usually Steam), some might NOT be tied to a service at all.

Often, it'll say next to the game what it is, in a sense.

Online game code = normally registers straight-up on a game-client - i.e. like Steam or Origin.

Game Download = usually go through Amazon DL'er to do your download.

Of course, that's not always accurate, either...

I actually have *that* particular Microsoft Indie Arcade 5-Game bundle you linked - all 5 of them games register up on Steam.

If you missed it - it says so up the top that the DRM for the bundle is all Steam.

I bought the bundle and can verify individual steam keys for all 5 games. Another clue to look for is the file size. 3kb = steam/origin/uplay key.

As far as I can tell, Singularity isn't part of the sale.  Tried searching for it and didn't find it on sale.  :(

Those excited about X:Com should realize the updated version with the new remixed campaign and those DLC's included comes out for $30 on Nov. 12.

As someone that has never played Mass Effect would it be better to pick up the trilogy bundle; or buy the deluxe versions when they're on sale because the extra content makes them better?

As someone that has never played Mass Effect would it be better to pick up the trilogy bundle; or buy the deluxe versions when they're on sale because the extra content makes them better?
Get the trilogy. Only "deluxe" version that is worth it probably is ME3 since it comes with From Ashes...personally, I recommend playing the base games, then if you really really loved them, pick up a DLC or two for a second playthrough. The game does encourage multiple playthroughs via a NewGame+ mechanic and gives you the ability to bring your Shepard through to new games.

You can also pretend you played the DLC, watch a few youtube videos, and import someone elses' complete character off masseffectsaves.

Get the trilogy. Only "deluxe" version that is worth it probably is ME3 since it comes with From Ashes...personally, I recommend playing the base games, then if you really really loved them, pick up a DLC or two for a second playthrough. The game does encourage multiple playthroughs via a NewGame+ mechanic and gives you the ability to bring your Shepard through to new games.

You can also pretend you played the DLC, watch a few youtube videos, and import someone elses' complete character off masseffectsaves.
Thanks.

Grabbed a Splinter Cell Conviction to play coop with a friend but we keep getting an Error unable to connect. Stupid ubisoft

Grabbed a Splinter Cell Conviction to play coop with a friend but we keep getting an Error unable to connect. Stupid ubisoft
Granted, I ain't ever touched SC: Conviction PC Multiplayer portion (I did play the SP) and that I don't have the game installed currently on this PC...

Did you check official forums?

And this thread?

Mass effect 3 is definitely worth buying at any price range. I've played it 3 times with 3 different characters and everytime i had a blast. The story, videos, fights etc. are all incredible and interesting.

bread's done
Back