Petition OK needs to complete Payday 2

ojaybaby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
If you feel the arguement below is valid, please sign the petiton

Almir has offered “ We at OVERKILL think the game was finished when it was released. “
which is laughable as they have also commented on the number of players who cannot even start the game without it crashing.

With regard to the 30 heists that are not contained within the game Almir offers us:

“either David can have said something incorrect or the journalist / interviewer can have misinterpreted something”

So, I would ask you to watch this interview with David Goldfarb, the lead designer of Payday 2. This interview took place 60 days prior to the game’s release. He repeatedly and explicitly states there will be more than 30 heists and describes what some of them might be, which removes the potential for misinterpretation. It is ridiculous to suggest that the lead designer on the project would be misinformed on the idea of how many heists would be contained within the game so close to release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i212YTf8Ros
The Steam store offers this in their description:

“The new CRIMENET network offers a huge range of dynamic contracts, and players are free to choose anything from small-time convenience store hits or kidnappings, to big league cyber-crime or emptying out major bank vaults for that epic PAYDAY. “

“cyber-crime” heists seem as absent as the 7 day heists that were discussed. There is to be no customization of Safehouses, either with offshore money or not. The names of extra heists appear within game files.

It appears very clear that the game was intended to have more features to it that are now absent. I personally tweeted David Goldfarb to obtain clarification on the issue of the missing heists and received no response. Other people WERE responded to and it was asserted by Goldfarb that much content would be delivered soon and that people should be patient. These tweets have since been deleted.

It is completely unacceptable for players who were promised features in Payday 2 to have to pay for these features as DLC content after paying for the game itself (I had the misfortune of paying an extra $20 for the Career Criminal Edition, which landed me beta keys that I would have received free mere days later. Almost double the price of the game for a $5 soundtrack, a heavily pirated pdf instruction manual, a 10% discount that was bugged for the first week of gameplay after which it was of minimal use. I felt I had change coming, but this is far worse.)

Overkill seems intent on reinterpreting themselves in whatever way suits them. Almir has stated that in addition to the promise of DLC we should remember that Payday 1 had free heists added to it. In the next breath he stated that such free heists weren’t actually promised , but they COULD happen.

In other words, “we have your money and we feel we can get away with selling you this”.

This petition is to illicit Overkill to implement features that were promised (for free, not as DLC). If the petition reaches enough signatures and no response is given we can look into potential litigation under FTC regulations re: false advertising as there is an argument to be made that the contractual obligation of seller was not met when we were given a different product, that we were sold an incomplete product and that Overkill has not acted in goodwill re: completing the game we purchased.

EDIT: we are NOT threatening a lawsuit rather mentioning litigation as a potential option that can be discussed should the situation movetowards such matters. The fact that we have mentioned litigation is not intended to express adesire to engage in a lawsuit of any kind, it is merely a potential option that may be explored if people agree to such down the road. If we had not mentioned it here it would still be an unspoken option.

ideally Overkill Software will contact us to address this matter directly (and without lies or schills).

This game is becoming infamous with the glitches and general buggy-ness. Some of the videos people have posted of this thing cracks me up. As a buyer it makes sense to be pissed off though, I can't believe a real company would put out a real game in a state like this?

I really haven't had trouble with the PC version of the game when I bought it a couple days after launch. The only problems I had with it was the FPS. It looks identical to the first game aside from the horrible long range DOF and the character bobbing but the game runs much much worse. I enjoyed the game thoroughly for 20+ hours now and stopped playing after level 50 because it started to become a grind.

bread's done
Back