Diablo 3 PS3 for 44.99 at Toysrus.com w/ Free Shipping

ZeroFactorial

CAGiversary!
EDIT: Free Shipping is now dead.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21331256

So far Amazon has refused to price match it.  Let's see if we can get enough people to tell them that they PM it.

For those who are new to this, to tell Amazon to price match it, go to:

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Playstation-3/dp/B00BGA9V2Q

then click on "Tell us about a lower price" at the bottom of the "Product Details" section, and fill out the info there.

(I believe this deal was mentioned in another thread, but it wasn't featured there and looking through the thread it didn't seem to be getting discussed at all, so I apologize if this post violates the re-post rule).

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you get the preorder goodies that Amazon lists out from a TRU preorder?
I believe so, but can't say for certain.

According to this page:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10174614

all pre-orders come with the specified goodies (the PS3 version has a few more goodies than the 360 version), but TRU isn't listed as one of their pre-order retailers, so I can't tell for sure.

Can anyone provide more information on this?

I thought I pre-ordered this last week from TRU and now I look and nope. With the shipping included... I'm gonna pass now.

/sigh, I have friends who are all playing at launch. FML.

I'm in same spot, I was checking in regarding this... loss of shipping means I can wait for a better price down the road

edit - any good argument for *this* game on one console vs another (I own both, friends/chat/online stuff immaterial)

For those that have pre-ordered from TRU before...........I have had the pre-order for a couple of weeks now. Will it ship before or on release day? I guess what I am trying to ask is, when will I get the game?

Any Silver Members might want to test their luck to PM over the phone at BB. I just tried, they told me they can't PM TRU over the phone, so the guy quickly said "Instead I'll just give you 15$ worth of RZ points". Also gave me an extra 25 to bump me up to another 5$ cert.

Might luck out with the PM or some free Certificates lol.

Any Silver Members might want to test their luck to PM over the phone at BB. I just tried, they told me they can't PM TRU over the phone, so the guy quickly said "Instead I'll just give you 15$ worth of RZ points". Also gave me an extra 25 to bump me up to another 5$ cert.

Too bad I am physically unable to speak to strangers on the phone or I would try to get a PM.

Too bad I am physically unable to speak to strangers on the phone or I would try to get a PM.
Lol I used to be like that too. Then I realized it was much easier doing it over the phone than instore. Plus the new store here is pretty strict about PM's, and the Customer Service reps always seem much more generous.

Think you got lucky. I don't believe Best Buy price matches Toys-R-Us. Atleast it doesn't say they do on the website.

Amazon had it for $49.99 a while back. I have prime and don't get charged tax there. It's just... not as good as $45.

OP should edit the thread name to remove free shipping from it.

They're considered a local competitor.
They will price match local competitor's in store but not over the phone. They only price match on the phone the .com's that are on the website. I was told to bring the physical ad in the store for a price match.

They will price match local competitor's in store but not over the phone. They only price match on the phone the .com's that are on the website. I was told to bring the physical ad in the store for a price match.
Yeah, for phone and on a pre-order it's super YMMV.

I just bought the 360 version and will pick it up in store on the weekend.  I was heading down that way anyway, so it works out almost as well as free shipping.

Well I don't think I want it for $60. It's available for pickup on 360 but I want ps3.

I'll see if Walmart will PM for me.

Well I don't think I want it for $60. It's available for pickup on 360 but I want ps3.

I'll see if Walmart will PM for me.
Walmart shouldn't; they don't pricematch online prices, only weekly circulars.

Could pricematch at Target or Best Buy.

Amazon had it for $49.99 a while back. I have prime and don't get charged tax there. It's just... not as good as $45.

OP should edit the thread name to remove free shipping from it.
But you get free shipping so? I'm not sure what I missed. I got the PS3 TRU pre-order deal but haven't received any notice it has proceeded beyond the "processing" stage.

can anyone confirm if this is the toyrus price in store?
I can't confirm but usually if its online only it will say so. At my store they will price match their online price as long as it doesn't say online only. I am going to just pm at BB and use some reward points.

can anyone confirm if this is the toyrus price in store?
I just got back from TRU and the in store price rings up as $59.99, but I didn't have any issues getting the clerk to match the online price. Just have have it pulled up on your phone when you check out.

For people that are still unsure about the pre-order bonus, my copy did come with the "Infernal Helm" code. I'm assuming that all launch day copies will have it included.

I just got back from TRU and the in store price rings up as $59.99, but I didn't have any issues getting the clerk to match the online price. Just have have it pulled up on your phone when you check out.

For people that are still unsure about the pre-order bonus, my copy did come with the "Infernal Helm" code. I'm assuming that all launch day copies will have it included.
cool thanks!

I am very tempted to do an in-store pickup but I think I will hold out and wait for the inevitable under $39.99 price point. It will probably happen sooner rather than later considering the holiday season coming up soon.

Very tempted to PM in store for this.  PS4 version won't be in launch window, with a 2014 likely release.  I wish they would tell us if PS3 save will transfer to PS4.  but its not like I'm hurting for games to play at the moment...

bread's done
Back