Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

I'll get this started with what I bought last night:

Thief: Deadly Shadows (XB) - $7.48
Sega Smash Pack 2-Pack (PC) - $4.98
Castlevania NES (GBA) - $4.98
Rapala Pro Fishing (PC) - $2.48

They had a lot of Sega Smash Packs, so I'm hoping they'll drop to $2.24 so I can return the one I bought later. There were also a lot of copies of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (PC) at $9.98.

Serious sam (PS2) finally dropped to 2.48 in Livonia, MI store.
Scalar (PS2) was 4.98
Mafia (PS2) was still 13.98
Enter the Matrix (PS2) was still 9.98 and holding for over 3 weeks now.
Tribes (PC) still holding at 7.48
Unreal Tourney 2004 (PC) still at 9.99

I haven't found any great deals at Target. Last game I got there under $10 was Tribes (PS2) like a year and a half ago. Before that it was Red Faction for $5 and Gungrave for $7.50. Other than that, nothing...

[quote name='bmulligan']Serious sam (PS2) finally dropped to 2.48 in Livonia, MI store.
Scalar (PS2) was 4.98
Mafia (PS2) was still 13.98
Enter the Matrix (PS2) was still 9.98 and holding for over 3 weeks now.
Tribes (PC) still holding at 7.48
Unreal Tourney 2004 (PC) still at 9.99[/QUOTE]

Few questions sir...

Livonia on Haggerty or the one on Plymouth rd? and have you seen any copies of LotR: RotK for GC?

Castlevania - 4.98
Vampire: Bloodlines for PC for 20.98 I think.

For PC games, at least in my store, you have to go around the corner from the cheap video games, and they just stack them all on a shelf. They also put some near the regular reading books, as well.

Not a videogame, but I snagged a 13 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV for 125 bucks on clearance, plus another 10% off.

Picked up splinter cell pandora tomorrow (pc) for 9.98
A few jewel games for 2.48, (combat flight simulator, mafia, age of wonders I and II) they also had max payne.

They didn't have jack diddly on clearance for consoles save a harry potter game for gamecube. I did snatch Star Ocean till the end of Time and Burnout 3: Takedown for $20 each too. Not clearance, but still a descent deal.

[quote name='NoRain']Picked up splinter cell pandora tomorrow (pc) for 9.98
A few jewel games for 2.48, (combat flight simulator, mafia, age of wonders I and II) they also had max payne.
[/QUOTE]

Nice... I saw Age of Wonders was on clearence, but I've totally forgotten to scan it through the last two times I went.

I noticed yesterday that target has Viewtiful Joe 2 (ps2) for $20. It wasn't a clearance price, but I thought it looked like a good deal.

I hate how my Target has had Classic NES Castlevania for $9.98 for a while now, but they won't drop it down to the $4.98 that a lot of you are seeing in your stores. Is anyone else having this happen at their Target?

[quote name='Seaman9999']I hate how my Target has had Classic NES Castlevania for $9.98 for a while now, but they won't drop it down to the $4.98 that a lot of you are seeing in your stores. Is anyone else having this happen at their Target?[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV. Not all Targets follow the same clearance policy. Don't hate, just go to another Target.

Mine finally dropped Castlevania to $4.98! Even at that price, I was uncertain about getting it . . . but did.

I also found a copy of Psi-Ops for Xbox . . . I have no idea where it came from because I had been seriously looking for this one at this store for many months . . . I broke down and bought it PO from EB last month.

Would anyone trade a Silent Hill 4 (Xbox) for a sealed Psi-Ops (Xbox)???

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about Castlevania. I still clearly remember the Grim Reaper in the NES version. Only beat him once in the 15 years that I've owned the game. :cry:

[quote name='E-Z-B']Yeah, I'm still on the fence about Castlevania. I still clearly remember the Grim Reaper in the NES version. Only beat him once in the 15 years that I've owned the game. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Very, very difficult game.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Yeah, I'm still on the fence about Castlevania. I still clearly remember the Grim Reaper in the NES version. Only beat him once in the 15 years that I've owned the game. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I meant that I feel the NES Classics series is a total ripoff . . . N could have put several games per cart. For example, the Castlevania SHOULD include parts I, II and III.

I've had such a strong feeling against these carts, so even for $5 . . . I almost didn't buy it.

You should still pick up the GBA version if you can get it for $5 though. There's now a save feature, so you only have to beat him once and then save! Of course, Dracula is going to pound you quite a few times after that. Too bad there's no stage select, but the game is such a classic, the new save option is good enough.

The only way I can ever beat the Grim Reaper is with triple crosses (boomerangs). Same with Dracula.

^^^I also agree with the post above about the GBA Classic NES Series being a ripoff with only one game per cart. They could have easily put the entire NES Series on one cart! I've actually been able to get almost the entire Classic NES Series (minus Donkey Kong & Excitebike) for under $5 each through various sales from different stores, so I don't feel quite so ripped off. If I could only get one though it would be Castlevania. ...Now where the heck is "Kid Icarus"???

[quote name='erehwon']I noticed yesterday that target has Viewtiful Joe 2 (ps2) for $20. It wasn't a clearance price, but I thought it looked like a good deal.[/QUOTE]

That is the normal price for it everywhere, but it is indeed a great game for that price.

After making that post yesterday I decided to try my Target again (since I had to go pick up some cheap candy for the midnight showing of Star Wars Ep. III). Surprisingly, they had marked the price down to the $4.98 that other Target stores had it marked down to. Thus I was able to pick it up for cheap.

i could buy something called a

JUICE BOX and something that allows it to play MP3 Files for 26 bucks

13 for the BOX and 12 for the add on that hooks to the pc.

they got the buck computer softwere and movies down to 25 CEnts each again.

I too had to debate whether or not to purchase the NES Classics Castlevania for $5 new (just picked it up this morning). I've always like the series, but I really felt taken advantage of by Nintendo (as a consumer) when they released this whole series of overpriced ports for GBA.

Still, Castlevania 1 is an excellent game, and you could easily spend at least $5 on a used copy of the original NES game (cartridge only) at some used game stores. Thus, I guess I don't feel so bad now about getting the GBA port new for the same money. I just wish Nintendo had been more sensible in their pricing to begin with.

I have to agree what you've all said about Castlevania, and apparently I dont see myself having the patience to play thru it. There are so many other games to play, why not spend the $5 on something new?

Well, I finally broke down and got the Castlevania game for $5. About time my target lowered the price. Last week there were 8 copies warming the shelf at $13.98, and today there's 1 left at $4.98 - you cheap bastards! ;)

I went to the Oklahoma City Super Target near Quail Springs and they had several clearanced PC games including at least 8 copies each of Max Payne, Mafia, and Hitman 2 for $2.48. These were the jewel case versions, and would be a good deal if you missed out on the Maximum Underworld set from EB.

Has anyone found Jedi Outcast or Academy at any of their stores? I thought I saw it when I was down in Kansas City, but cant really remember. Anyone?

Good luck finding Jedi Outcast and Academy in general.. they're easy to find online, but pretty rare B&M in stores (Jedi Outcast on GC is pretty rare) and even rarer finding them cheap..

I passed on Jedi Outcast for Xbox for $7.50 at Target . . . 12 months ago!!!

It seemed like a pretty average game and I decided that I didn't need it.

I'd probably grab it if I saw it now . . . for trade :)

I saw Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour for $6.98. Regular version was still $19.99.

[quote name='Djlethal01']at my Local target i saw Splinter Cell Pandora Tommarow for $9.99 (PC).[/QUOTE]

Thanks going to have to look for this

So I finally go to get Age of Wonders 1 and 2, since it's sat on the shelves for MONTHS on clearence (at least two months) along with Mafia, Max Payne, and some others.

I go to the local Target, and all the clearence PC games have been moved, and all 4 copies of Age of Wonders were gone, along with every copy of Mafia and pretty much every decent game.

Checked another Target that had virtually the same stock, and same deal. All the good clearence PC games are completely gone.

I just got back from target. All of the 1.00$ movies are on sale for .25 cents. The software in that section is also .25 cents. I picked up Pharao and Caerer III. There was also a couple of pinball games and some sort of Japanese Ski Jump game. This isnt clearance, so the deal might be done tommorow, Im not sure.

[quote name='starman9000']I just got back from target. All of the 1.00$ movies are on sale for .25 cents. The software in that section is also .25 cents. I picked up Pharao and Caerer III. There was also a couple of pinball games and some sort of Japanese Ski Jump game. This isnt clearance, so the deal might be done tommorow, Im not sure.[/QUOTE]

That's because a bunch of new One Spot has been coming in off the trucks. I believe their transition date was 5/22 or there about. They're trying to clear out all the old stuff to make room for the new crap. If you see anything there you want, grab it now as it'll more than likely be gone soon.

Just found Scaler PS2 for $4.98 at the Target in Arlington, TX. Hadn't seen this one posted yet .. probably has though. It was clearance tagged 13.98 but scanned 4.98 under the scanner so I grabbed it. Also had a bunch of housewares on clearance including electronic salad chopper/spinner and one of those thing you use to vaccum seal food, both were price at 7.98 each.

Couple of items today. As always, it YMMV for clearance items.

Vampire - Bloodlines (PC) $12.48
Tony Hawk THUG 2 (PC) $4.98
War! Age of Imperialism (PC) $2.48
Max Payne (PC) $2.48
Hitmat 2 - Silent Assasin (PC) $2.48
Shark Tales (PC) $cheap
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2005 (PC) $4.98
Def Jam Vendetta (NGC) $3.74
Spiderman 2 (PC) $9.99
Microsoft Flight? Combat Simulation (PC) $2.48
Mafia (PC) $2.48
Railroad Tycoon 3 (PC) $4.98

Picked up Caesar III (awesome game!) for the PC for 25 cents!

It was in a weird long cardboard case in the 1 spot section, right at the front of the store. Had to dig through a bunch of very crappy pc titles before I found two copies - one for me, one for my friend who was helping me look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back