* * * * - 37 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/24: Holiday Sale Wk 4 (Proteus, DuckTales, Hotline Miami, Castle of Illusion)! Walking Dead S2 Season Pass $15!

PS3 Vita PSP PlayStation Store PSN PlayStation Plus Deals PS1 PS2 PS+

#391 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

The latest thing that I have heard about it was in the last sentence of this IGN article posted on 08/12/13.

I was surprised to learn that X and X-2 will be sold separately for the Vita.

Yeah, I do remember hearing that now.  I bet if they do release it that it's going to be digital only on PSN for Vita and that's why no one has any info on it.  Which is just awful if you want that art book but not the PS3 version.

#392 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13754 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

http://blog.us.plays...l-fantasy-x-hd/

PS.Blog post from two weeks ago says it's out later this year for PS3 and Vita.

"Slated" for release this year. To me that wording is tricky. Meaning that we plan on it, but we won't commit to anything. We only have four months left in the year, and it's definitely not coming out in September, unless they surprise release it. Also a September release draws sales away from FFXIV and KH 1.5. I'd consider December a no go. October or November are really it. And the problem with November, is running into next gen launches. I read an article a few weeks ago saying that a lot of EU retailers had changed to October release dates, so I'm still holding out for that.

#393 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30690 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

No, I love it.  Anything to make my winning easier.

Boost. ;)

#394 stillshadow   Arcade Nostalgiac CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

stillshadow

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

Actually, it's not bad, I'm just getting extremely frustrated with the Director's Cut DLC. I also absolutely hate touch controls.

Kind of interesting in a semi-Limbo, slow as molasses, touch control way. Normally I hate touch controls as well but it's actually a plus for me being in the same room as a sleeping newborn.

At least the puzzles are manageable to me, unlike Machinarium. Gosh darn that is a frustrating game to me. It's one the highest-rated on Vita and I really wanted to like it. I just can't stand a game at this point in my life that makes me sit in frustration for minutes having no clue what to do. I just want to be entertained and move on. I give up with that one.

Personally, I don't care if a sale goes on free games later. I'm not going to buy them. I think it's weird that people are obsessed with "ownership" and would ever bother. I do, however, think it's a little shady to put a sale title free IMMEDIATELY after the sale like with Rayman. At least give it a month or two to be less transparent and soften the blow a bit.

So Ico is one of the titles coming up for Plus? I'm interested in the Remote Play for it. Has anyone done it for that game?

#395 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

"Slated" for release this year. To me that wording is tricky. Meaning that we plan on it, but we won't commit to anything. We only have four months left in the year, and it's definitely not coming out in September, unless they surprise release it. Also a September release draws sales away from FFXIV and KH 1.5. I'd consider December a no go. October or November are really it. And the problem with November, is running into next gen launches. I read an article a few weeks ago saying that a lot of EU retailers had changed to October release dates, so I'm still holding out for that.

People have reported several places having talked to Squenix reps who told them off the record to expect it around February.

#396 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Don't forget the complaining when there isn't a sale.

yup, yup.  see, the thing is, no  matter when you have a sale, someone out there just bought it last week.

and even if you retro-graded a sale by a week to make that guy happy, there was a guy that bought it a day before that retro-grade into effect.

really, there's no way around it.  which is why... buy stuff at a price you're happy with and be happy you have it.

#397 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

Boost. ;)

If I boosted, I'd probably have twice the amount of trophies I do now.

#398 MrBeatdown   DumbAssGamer CAGiversary!   1349 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

MrBeatdown

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Since pre-order deals suck, I decided I'd get GTA5 on PSN for the gamesharing. The collector in me is crying.

Anyway, anyone know of any PSN card deals? Anything at all, even if it's just a $1 in savings? I can't remember the last time I bought a PSN card.

#399 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Since pre-order deals suck, I decided I'd get GTA5 on PSN for the gamesharing. The collector in me is crying.

Anyway, anyone know of any PSN card deals? Anything at all, even if it's just a $1 in savings? I can't remember the last time I bought a PSN card.

Looks like the BBY deal has finally ended and that was the only thing that's been ongoing lately.

#400 stillshadow   Arcade Nostalgiac CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

stillshadow

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Try the PSN code thread: http://www.cheapassg...8#entry11043834

Usually quite a few people selling them at 10-15% off.

#401 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14845 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

FYI a bunch of upcoming downloadable Ubisoft games that were embargoed until Tuesday got leaked, one of which is an HD version of AC: Liberation.

http://kotaku.com/le...dwar-1265849387

#402 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30690 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'm confused about that game though.  Is the Vita version not considered "HD"?

#403 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13754 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I always thought Vita games were HD, but I guess Ubisoft is about to prove us wrong.

I don't know why they can't just keep the original title. Adding the HD tag to it makes it seem like the Vita version is inferior.

#404 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70295 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

544p

#405 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

K. Not my intention to drag this debate out (please, please just skip it if you don't "care"), but anyone interested in seeing how Polygon's 243 reviews stack up, the averages are spoiler'd beneath. Maybe this is a bit inconsequential, lol, but it's equally as silly for people to continually make drive-by posts about how such & such publication is "biased". To be clear, I know these averages don't necessarily prove or disprove anything.

Spoiler

#406 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

mad review science up in this piece.

#407 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13754 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Quick, before we start blabbing about review scores, I'm going to bring up a few other dead horses we can beat:

- Demon's/Dark souls games are terrible/the best games ever!

- Spelunky =/= Spelunker HD sequel

- What games are going to be free for PS Plus in 2015?

- Final Fantasy!!!

#408 rpg  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Quick, before we start blabbing about review scores, I'm going to bring up a few other deadhorse.gifwe can beat:

- Final Fantasy!!!

fixed =)

#409 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Quick, before we start blabbing about review scores, I'm going to bring up a few other dead horses we can beat:

- Final Fantasy!!!

How can you even compare Spelunky with PS Plus?

#410 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

- Final Fantasy!!!

You forgot:

-When does the store update?

-Vita has no games

-Pissssssssssssssss

#411 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13754 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

How can you even compare Spelunky with PS Plus?

Both have a PS in them. But Spelunky is in a different order, so no comparison. I get what you mean now.

#412 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

- Final Fantasy!!!

Hahaha. Well, to be fair...that wouldn't be considered "beating a dead horse" since I introduced new information that changes the nature of the debate. I also proved how much of a loser I am, but, oh well.

#413 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hahaha. Well, to be fair...that wouldn't be considered "beating a dead horse" since I introduced new information that changes the nature of the debate. I also proved how much of a loser I am, but, oh well.

You didn't need to prove that.

BOOM!  Got 'em!

#414 Woolagaroo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Woolagaroo

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Does anyone know if you preorder GTA V, do you only get the discount on one game or does it apply to the whole Rockstar catelog after that?

#415 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70295 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Does anyone know if you preorder GTA V, do you only get the discount on one game or does it apply to the whole Rockstar catelog after that?

One game.

#416 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

if i remember correctly, vita is qHD, or quarter HD.   In practice, it's HD for its screen size, it just technically doesn't fit the definition. 

K. Not my intention to drag this debate out

Spoiler

#417 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30690 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

K. Not my intention to drag this debate out (please, please just skip it if you don't "care"), but anyone interested in seeing how Polygon's 243 reviews stack up, the averages are spoiler'd beneath. Maybe this is a bit inconsequential, lol, but it's equally as silly for people to continually make drive-by posts about how such & such publication is "biased". To be clear, I know these averages don't necessarily prove or disprove anything.

Spoiler

Interesting numbers.  Thanks for sharing.  Makes me want to continue on my list and see how it turns out, especially in regards to big AAA releases.  I see they gave 9s to Guacamelee, Sound Shapes, and Tales from Space which helped raise their PS3 exclusive ratings.  Certainly all great Sony (console) exclusives, but not exactly super high profile games like Killzone Mercenary and The Last of Us.

Anyways, you and I will probably have to agree to disagree on this.  But thanks for sharing.  Don't worry about all the other comments, whenever there are Atlus or Final Fantasy sales I have to wade through 100s of posts that I don't care about, generally filled with the same questions.  I know this is less on topic then those conversations, but there's always gonna be some discussion in this thread that doesn't interest a certain portion of the audience.  Oh well.

#418 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30690 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

if i remember correctly, vita is qHD, or quarter HD.   In practice, it's HD for its screen size, it just technically doesn't fit the definition. 

Spoiler

I lost it a Waggle Rafting!  :rofl:

#419 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2801 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Where are the pages and pages of praises from people for putting games on sale after they were free to plus? Credit where its due people, a lot of you asked for that to happen.

#420 Mdesilva   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Mdesilva

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on VLR. Almost finished with 999. Any reason to pick the 3DS version over this one?