* * * * - 37 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/24: Holiday Sale Wk 4 (Proteus, DuckTales, Hotline Miami, Castle of Illusion)! Walking Dead S2 Season Pass $15!

PS3 Vita PSP PlayStation Store PSN PlayStation Plus Deals PS1 PS2 PS+

#8671 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

Goldangit. I bought one piece for the + price, Fuck me.

Im confused isnt that a good thing? Isnt it like $13 with PS+ and $20 without PS+ ?

#8672 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1546 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

https://store.sonyen...000000000194116

Star Trek Into Darkness is available to rent for $0.99. There's also a bunch of movies on sale here as part of the Holiday Sale.

Still a buck too much.

About the MvC3 deals this week, I noticed that Jill and Shuma are $2.50 now but they're not listed on sale, aren't they usually $5 each or was there a price drop with them?

#8673 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Im confused isnt that a good thing? Isnt it like $13 with PS+ and $20 without PS+ ?

He wanted to pay more?

#8674 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10190 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

If anyone is on the fence with NHL 14, allow me to give you the only incentive you'll need if you're a hockey fan: it includes an updated NHL 94.

#8675 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Every time I start playing a game without trophies, I tend to lose interest in favor of a game with trophies. I'm trying to force myself to finish Radiant Historia.

I hate to say it, but this is what's keeping me from playing some of the gems I own on PS2...  :error: 

#8676 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

Flim flam argle bargle. How did I manage to not download the last set of free mobile games?! Didn't bother checking because I was sure I had done it when they were first available.

#8677 mr_top_hat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

mr_top_hat

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

So what's the verdict on the Aksys games? (PSP/Vita) They are on sale, right? I don't see them mentioned in this thread.

#8678 AukeySeven   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

AukeySeven

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

I got one piece and d&d.  Side note: As I beat the D&D game I then remembered paying $5 in quarters in the arcade to beat the game.  So IMO I saved $1.25.

#8679 endofaera   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

endofaera

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

If anyone is on the fence with NHL 14, allow me to give you the only incentive you'll need if you're a hockey fan: it includes an updated NHL 94.

O.o NHL 94!? The greatest hockey game evvvaaa!

#8680 AnubisRW   Magnificent Bastard CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

AnubisRW

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

O.o NHL 94!? The greatest hockey game evvvaaa!

Make Gretzky's head bleed!!!

#8681 stillshadow   Arcade Nostalgiac CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

stillshadow

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Seriously, you guys wouldn't shed tears over Nintendo being reduced to Sega status? You must be either too young to care, Genesis kids, or have a heart made of hard stone. Mario on Playstation? Zelda on Xbox? My childhood weeps for thee.

I feel the same way about lack of an achievement system for old/Nintendo games, and I don't like it. I know I will reach a point where I will just have to play the first-party favorites but it is part of what stops me from buying a WiiU. Whatever their motovation it was pretty foolish financially not to just put in an achievement system. Apple even has one, for crying out loud. Just make it optional for the weirdos. What's the harm in that?

I couldn't stand Spelunky for Xbox but I'm probably going to get it again to give it another chance on Vita. No, I don't know what's wrong with me.

#8682 Kazaganthi   Blue Rogue CAGiversary!   1947 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Dragon's Crown is great! Good side scrolling brawler. Feels like Golden Axe with Diablo 2 loot/leveling/skills/quests. The co-op is hectic and fun.

#8683 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70429 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

So what's the verdict on the Aksys games? (PSP/Vita) They are on sale, right? I don't see them mentioned in this thread.

Nope. They were permanent price drops.

#8684 wtsutton   Lost my hippie lettuce! CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

So I'm getting pretty far in Kingdom of Amalur which I got free with PS+.  There is a quest at the start of the game called "Long Overdue" where you have to collect 10 books scattered throughout the entire world.  I'm 75 hours into the game and have 3 million gold and finally collected the 10th book.  When I turned in the quest, my reward was 276 gold.  Wow, a 75 hour long quest for that?

This gave me a good laugh.  MysterD's girlfriend has felt the same disappointment you felt.  :D

#8685 wtsutton   Lost my hippie lettuce! CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

Make Gretzky's head bleed!!!

I think they took that out.  Bastards.

#8686 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

Far, far, FAR too lazy to search the thread for the conversation happening a week or two ago about Wonderbook: Book of Potions and its lack of availability, but to whoever wanted to get it for their son/daughter/niece/nephew, it's now available on amazon.com (with Amazon Prime shipping options even).

#8687 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

Spelunky - $3.75 - 75% Off NXC

I dont see this on the VITA SIDE

#8688 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Far, far, FAR too lazy to search the thread for the conversation happening a week or two ago about Wonderbook: Book of Potions and its lack of availability, but to whoever wanted to get it for their son/daughter/niece/nephew, it's now available on amazon.com (with Amazon Prime shipping options even).

Thanks!  I was looking for my niece.

#8689 wtsutton   Lost my hippie lettuce! CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Spelunky - $3.75 - 75% Off NXC

I dont see this on the VITA SIDE

Its crossbuy, ese.  :D

#8690 ubdu   vile CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

I'm probably in for Tomb Raider.
To the guy who asked about Dragon's Crown being cross-buy, it isn't. It is CROSS-SAVE, though. Play on your PS3, upload your save (for free), download your save on your Vita (free again), and keep going on your merry way.

Off-topic: is there a Child's Play fundraiser this year?

#8691 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

Thanks!  I was looking for my niece.

I myself am hoping to get it for Christmas. Then I will play it late at night when everyone else is gone, so that I'm not horribly embarassed when I have to wave my wand or dagger or whatever and say something silly. :)

#8692 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Off-topic: is there a Child's Play fundraiser this year?

I assume you mean one that is done as a CAG group effort as opposed to just donating directly?

Edit: Figured out what you meant. I checked the Child's Play event calendar. CAG is not showing up as having its own fundraiser in either December or January at this point.

#8693 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Cheapy said they are having technical difficulties with the Childs Play fundraiser. When that is straightened out it will be up.

#8694 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Is Quantum Conundrum any good? I scanned the Wikipedia article and it sounds like it could be fun, but it sounds like it could also be really irritating.

Edit: Nevermind. I just went to sort the game into a folder, and just resting on the game caused the Presidents of the United States of America to start playing a song written just for the game. This game could suck horribly and I'd play it.

#8695 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

Its crossbuy, ese.  :D

so i can  download it right to  vita or do i need a ps3 then transfer

#8696 wtsutton   Lost my hippie lettuce! CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

so i can  download it right to  vita or do i need a ps3 then transfer

You can DL it to directly to the Vita.  I did last night.

#8697 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5740 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Flim flam argle bargle. How did I manage to not download the last set of free mobile games?! Didn't bother checking because I was sure I had done it when they were first available.

Join the club. I misssed the first batch because they were put up on Thanksgiving, a Wednesday. I thought they were going to do it on the soonest Tuesday. Those were arguably a better pair of games than what you missed. I browsed around for other free games and found one called Adventure Bar Labyrinth. It's a dungeon crawler in the vein of Shiren the Wanderer where you explore dungeons and your level is always reset to one if you die or leave a dungeon. It's fairly tough, but you and enemies take turns moving. I'm enjoying it quite a bit - check it out if it sounds like your kind of thing.

I got one piece and d&d.  Side note: As I beat the D&D game I then remembered paying $5 in quarters in the arcade to beat the game.  So IMO I saved $1.25.

Yeah boy! I always buy beat-em-ups, fighters, and light gun shooters because they're the same price as it would take you to finish a playthrough in arcades. They have great replay value.

Seriously, you guys wouldn't shed tears over Nintendo being reduced to Sega status? You must be either too young to care, Genesis kids, or have a heart made of hard stone. Mario on Playstation? Zelda on Xbox? My childhood weeps for thee.

Did you cry when Sega was reduced to Sega status? The problem with Nintendo is that they're relying too heavily on their flagship franchises - something Sega didn't even do until they exited the hardware business. When I was younger, I used to buy all the consoles but now that I'm older, I don't want more than one or two. I balk at spending hundreds of dollars for toys. But I might be in the minority as I'd much rather play a new Star Fox or Chibi Robo than Mario or Zelda.

#8698 jimbofluffy   Dr. Ugly Pants CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

jimbofluffy

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Is Quantum Conundrum any good? I scanned the Wikipedia article and it sounds like it could be fun, but it sounds like it could also be really irritating.

I enjoyed it.  Not too tough, but not always straight forward.  There was a little bit of quick on the trigger platforming.  

#8699 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

I myself am hoping to get it for Christmas. Then I will play it late at night when everyone else is gone, so that I'm not horribly embarassed when I have to wave my wand or dagger or whatever and say something silly. :)

Judging from the image, it looks to be an import.  Also, still not listed on the PS store, which is somewhat frustrating, because she doesn't need another Wonderbook, but certainly better than not being able to find it.  Thanks again!

#8700 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30690 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

Edit: Nevermind. I just went to sort the game into a folder, and just resting on the game caused the Presidents of the United States of America to start playing a song written just for the game. This game could suck horribly and I'd play it.

Haha that is them singing that song?  Man, what a terrible song.  Thanks for reminding me of its existence. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Store, PSN, PlayStation Plus, Deals, PS1, PS2, PS+