GameStop triple points on pre-owned purchases for PUR Pro members 9/20-9/22

bossman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just received this email from GameStop.

It’s Our Birthday, Here’s Your Present!

To help you celebrate the momentous third birthday of PowerUp Rewards (they grow so fast!), we’re offering all Pro members triple points on every pre-owned purchase from Friday, September 20, through Sunday, September 22. Don’t miss out on your chance to load up on points!

That's awesome. I hope that we get some good deals around that time as well, but this might just be the one major special running at the time.

Isn't it 10 points per dollar on New items and 20 points per dollar on used? So I think this promo would make it 60 points per dollar for Used items...
Possibly, but I doubt it. Doesn't GS advertise the 20 points per dollar on used games as "double points", or am I mistaken?

Straight off the FAQ

• 10 points per dollar spent on all new games and consoles
  • 20 points per dollar spent on pre-owned games, accessories and consoles
  • 20 points per dollar on traded-in games or consoles

Whoa, this is cool.  I don't think the Powerups rewards program gets enough credit, I have saved/made a fair amount using those coupons.  This should be a nice boost.

Hmmm...wonder if someone will have traded in GTA5 within those 5 days after it releases.

Buying that used would net a nice 3,000 or so points after using PUR card

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you get points for Pre-Orders too?  I would pre-order 6 or so PS4 games (paid in full) at this time if that is the case...

Hmmm...wonder if someone will have traded in GTA5 within those 5 days after it releases.

Buying that used would net a nice 3,000 or so points after using PUR card
Gamestop usually open a few copies so they are sure to have used copies of games shortly after release. Granted, GTA5 will probably run you 55 bucks used 5 days after release, but hey, it will probably be there.

No, according to what it says above, it's 20 points to a dollar for used games. Multiply that by 3, then by 50, and you'll have 3000
No I'm asking how much is 3,000 powerup reward points worth in dollars. I'm guessing $3 since you can redeem a $10 off any game coupon for 10,000 points.

Isn't 3,000 points equal to $3?
I'm not exactly sure (since I don't frequent GS) but it should be something like that. Which means there is no point in buying a used GTA V just for the triple points, might as well go with preorder incentives.

GS, like any any other retailer, like to use large quantities of points to create the illusion of a good deal, hoping we don't do the simple math conversion. I divide price/Liter when I buy bottle water, price/(thickness*area) when I buy paper towels. GS you can't fool me :lol:

Just received the email.

Celebrate Our 3rd Birthday with Triple Rewards Points
All Weekend Long!

With this Pro-only offer, you'll score triple PowerUp Rewards points on purchases of any pre-owned products from Friday, September 20 through Sunday, September 22.

When's the last time you attended a party with thousands of games to play? Come celebrate with us today

So if I bought 2 copies of madden and s copy of saints row for $90(b2g1 coup) I would get 4500 points? That would put me over the mark for a $50 pur coupon!

And I could swap the maddens to best buy credit and keep Sr iv!

you wouldn't get triple points on giftcards.......right?
so are the triple points specific to used games only?

edit: "With this Pro-only offer, you'll score triple PowerUp Rewards points on purchases of any pre-owned products" nvm...thanks to your post, I re-read the email...I will at least spend the last of my trade-in credit on used games

I bought a bunch of preowned games friday and Saturday and i rreceived my points.and i didnt get triple pur points and yes im a pro member to.

bread's done
Back