"'Bored' Senator John McCain plays poker on iPhone during briefing on Syria"

'meh. He's already made up his mind, so why expect him to listen to anyone on the subject? The real issue is that he supports military action in the first place. :(

It is pretty funny.  I think the press is trying to present it as a joke but hopes it turns into a big deal.  To me and probably most of the country it's not a big deal.  I imagine it's something most Americans would do in that situation.  It wasn't even a debate, just people grandstanding for hour upon hour.  I've seen people playing with their phones in all kinds of situations.  I really don't think anyone cares that he was doing it.

When I've gone to presentations or public meetings or whatever, I used to be so scared about using my phone, until I saw everybody else doing it. These are adults in suits and supposedly influential people texting or playing Angry Birds or whatever at the big time city meeting, and I'm sitting there like a dope listening to the panel/speakers. I got rid of that bad habit fast. Never going to sit anywhere respectfully giving some idiot speaker my attention ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back