Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

realbigexplosion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by a moderator:
The Windwaker WiiU was the console they announced with the Wii U price drop? I guess?

I don't feel like either should have been posted in the Deals section.
Alright then. I guess if it doesn't belong here, please move it mods.

I see tons of things in this section at MSRP though, so I don't know what to think anymore.

The deals section is so barren (funny how some of the above morons can find time to bitch and complain but never find time to post deals themselves) that I don't mind seeing stuff like this posted there.

Lmao at everyone bitching. Topic creator should of made a topic about how you can flip $50 into $51. Then it would be to at least 500 post by now.

In other news, Nintendo adds another letter to the name of a handheld. Gotta upgrade for that s, man! I wonder what it'll be like three years from now? Nintendo 3DS XLs OMG3D

last limited edition 3ds for awhile so it would be good to buy pre order by tomorrow for a chance im guessing 2 each per store in that color 

So tempted to grab one, but I really wish they bundled a copy of X or Y with it!

Anyway, I'm guessing these will be easier to find than that Pikachu edition.

I fail to see how this isn't a deal but something like the Wind Waker WiiU preorder is?
I agree. Neither should be on the front page.

Some say the front page is barren, yet I say it is cluttered with non-deals and threads that are used 99% for discussion.

Also, I don't think "this may become rare and increase in value" makes something front page worthy. Maybe a new forum should be created to discuss such things but just because something "may increase in value" does not mean it is a deal.

There are discussion forums for every interesting thing you could possibly think of.
Eh...

I saw what you were saying about the front page being mostly discussion. One thing I would say is a year ago and earlier there were a lot more "X Game for Y Price" threads. If I came on the board every day I'd be tempted to buy one game a day.

Now, you don't see those a lot. I don't know why. If the deals don't exist, or people aren't posting them? I don't think it is because of the "discussion" threads though.

So confused why they wouldnt push the date back a couple weeks and bundle it with the game. >< Wonder why they didnt bring the gold one over. bleh

Don't understand the absurd outrage over this being posted. Potentially collectable LE. On top of that, the title says what the topic is about so it's not like you were fooled into the topic. Some people in this community are so vocal over the stupidest things. I expect comments about board space and bandwith next so I hope I'm not disappointed.

I have the Gamestop credit set aside for when these were released but I am pretty let down by Nintendo for not including even a digital copy of the game. That is pretty weak. 

Hmm. What to do. I might just open the Pikachu XL and play it instead of dumping $200 on these.

Maybe get a decal for my Blue one lol  

I see tons of things in this section at MSRP though, so I don't know what to think anymore.
Good job OP, don't let anybody bring you down. CheapyD makes money off the referral links and that's what matters to him.

Lmao at everyone bitching. Topic creator should of made a topic about how you can flip $50 into $51. Then it would be to at least 500 post by now.
One of the smartest things I've seen posted here. It really baffles me how some people actually go through all that trouble.

I don't mind hearing things like this from CAG, I also notice that there's a bunch of little bitches here though.

They complain about shit and they don't contribute.

It's pretty annoying but I'm not going to waste my time fighting with them. Haha.

I don't mind hearing things like this from CAG, I also notice that there's a bunch of little bitches here though.

It's pretty annoying but I'm not going to waste my time fighting with them. Haha.
Total number of "deals" posted by Echocentricity: zero.

Pot, meet kettle. :dunce:

Ugh, I was looking forward to this announcement but since they aren't bundling digital copies of the game with them I see no reason to get one.

Wow, lots of name calling here instead of rationale as to why people feel this should be posted in the deals thread.  And "one post isn't going to hurt anybody" is not a rational answer.

Total number of "deals" posted by Echocentricity: zero.

Pot, meet kettle. :dunce:
When have I complained, I never have said anything negative about anything ever posted. That was my point, I know I haven't contributed that much yet. Lol I guess it was you who I was referring to.

Wow, lots of name calling here instead of rationale as to why people feel this should be posted in the deals thread. And "one post isn't going to hurt anybody" is not a rational answer.

Why shouldn't it be? Does something have to be less then MSRP to be in the deals section? Some of us on CAG hunt for certain items and are well aware when something that is going to be in high demand is about to drop. Others are just casual about gaming and collecting and would have no idea what is on the horizon.

Every year there are hundreds of items that I would love to be able to buy at MSRP... again. This site gets very little traffic (comparatively speaking) even more so since the redesign. If you're too lazy to navigate off the front page or get overwhelmed because there are 8 new threads in the deal section instead of 4 then you really should learn how to navigate the internetz better.

Threads like these don't clutter CAG but bitch posts clutter threads like these.

When have I complained, I never have said anything negative about anything ever posted. That was my point, I know I haven't contributed that much yet. Lol I guess it was you who I was referring to.
Seriously? Read what you write before you post dude.

Just because someone doesn't think it's a deal doesn't mean nobody does. There are the usual suspects who just can't grasp that.

Look, I'm going to leave this up because the limited edition 3DSes have sold out pretty quickly.  Some people may not think this is a deal, and that's their prerogative.  I don't really think this is the thread to debate what should and shouldn't go in the Video Game Deals board, though.

Every 3DS that came out limited actually was limited. Why wouldn't this one be?
I didn't say it wouldn't be limited. I'm saying it won't be as limited as the pikachu ones.

~I'm kinda glad I stopped frequenting this site. It certainly hasn't improved over the last few years. Take the comments in this thread as well as the Rumble U threads as example.

Well "deal" is a bit of a conceptual thing that varies from person to person.

So tempted to grab one, but I really wish they bundled a copy of X or Y with it!

Anyway, I'm guessing these will be easier to find than that Pikachu edition.
I suspect they will have the same edition size, but won't be as difficult to obtain.

Sigh....I don't mind interesting things being posted even if it isn't a "deal"....like the 12 GB PS3.
I usually don't either, but sometimes they get stupid. Like the Eevee 3DSLL topic.

Eh...

I saw what you were saying about the front page being mostly discussion. One thing I would say is a year ago and earlier there were a lot more "X Game for Y Price" threads. If I came on the board every day I'd be tempted to buy one game a day.

Now, you don't see those a lot. I don't know why. If the deals don't exist, or people aren't posting them? I don't think it is because of the "discussion" threads though.
Recently we've seen a rise in "super threads", which generally prevent additional threads. So while a lot of YMMV deals would be posted,... a lot of them get moved elsewhere. We've also seen the mods remove some threads on no no topics. Like I believe Tomb Raider for free was removed twice and all the Xenoblade threads were removed.

Don't understand the absurd outrage over this being posted. Potentially collectable LE. On top of that, the title says what the topic is about so it's not like you were fooled into the topic. Some people in this community are so vocal over the stupidest things. I expect comments about board space and bandwith next so I hope I'm not disappointed.
The best is how it only appears in items they dislike. I know Persona 4 the Golden Solid Gold edition had a huge thread, which didn't have people complaining about this sort of thing.

i like these threads because without them i wouldn't even know about this. my friend is in the market for a 3ds for pokemon and i told him about it.

Does something have to be less then MSRP to be in the deals section?
Yes. Hence the term "deal". If you want to speculate about price variance go play the stock market. You'll make a lot more money then you will buying and selling video games.

Also, still with the petty insults.

Ideally there should be a way to hide threads that you don't want to view. Wish that was a new feature of CAG 3.0.

I believe these are the similar to the ones Japan are getting. Except I don't think they have the red one. I was personally hoping for something like a charizard or something. Oh well. Might wait a little longer on a 3DS now since I don't have one I for sure like. Thanks for the heads up OP!

bread's done
Back