* * * - - 31 votes

The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

#391 tvu123  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

Don't forget to check to see if you hit your selling limit for the month. It may not be your PS4 limitations. Here's How to find your selling limit:

You'll be able to view most of your account-based limits in My eBay. Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages, sign in to your account, then select theAll Selling option in the Sell section on the left side of the page (or in theSelling Manager Summary).

The Monthly selling limits section shows your current selling activity relative to your monthly limits. You'll see a red alert once you've reached a limit, letting you know you won't be able to sell more items in the current month. You always have the option to request higher selling limits.

Limits placed on an account for failing to meet the minimum performance standards will also be shown in your Seller Dashboard. This module only appears if your account is Below Standard. You'll see your category and item limits when you list using the Sell Your Item form.

#392 Trogdor469   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Trogdor469

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

This is the message I get for attempting to relist. --- Although most eBay members are allowed to sell the latest video game console, there are limitations on the quantity you may list. You've reached this limit and will not be allowed to list another video game console until 30 days have passed since your most recent listing.

some info i found

http://announcements...t-buyer-demand/

#393 Trogdor469   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Trogdor469

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

and I killed the thread =(

#394 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3770 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

and I killed the thread =(

THREAD KILLER!

#395 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

My PS4 netted 130 after fees. I'm shipping myself with Sig Required. I hav two on preorder from two different places, so not worried about getting one. xbox Ones have spiked at around $100 profit and are dropping again by the looks of it. Oddly, the spike hit two days ago and the drop started yesterday around the time the BF4 stuff was making the rounds. Not sure that is worth it.

#396 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just came to check in and see how our little millionaires are doing :)

#397 Trogdor469   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Trogdor469

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Not well because I still can't list anymore ;p

#398 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3770 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

For someone who hates flippers, you sure seem obsessed with this thread. You've got some real problems, bro.

#399 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

For someone who hates flippers, you sure seem obsessed with this thread. You've got some real problems, bro.

I think the word flipper is retarded; but to your point I don't dislike resellers; I do however dislike people who come in and boast and brag about how much money they're going to make.

#400 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3770 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I think the word flipper is retarded; but to your point I don't dislike resellers; I do however dislike people who come in and boast and brag about how much money they're going to make.

How can you hate flipper?

Flipper-thumb-575x340-3113.jpg

I get what you mean about the braggarts though. It's just something that comes with the territory, it seems.

#401 Flippin!  

Flippin!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Paul Hogan's career took an even harder dive than PS4 and XB1 pre-order prices.

#402 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

...but Elijah Wood's career really took off, kind of like some people's imaginations earlier in the thread.

#403 Indiana   Over 3 decades of gaming! CAGiversary!   3142 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I recently sold a presale PS4 in an auction, the buyer paid but shortly after I got a message from Paypal disputing and saying the buyer might not have authorized the transaction, a day or 2 later the buyer closes his/her Ebay account. What should I do?

Get ebay to refund the fees and list it again.  What is the loss at this point you didn't ship anything.

#404 broadbandit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

broadbandit

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

from ebay:

Listing the latest video game console products after the launch

Once the latest video game console products are made available to the public, most sellers will be allowed to list them with some limitations:

• Authorized resellers may list an unlimited number of items per week.
  • eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 8 items per week.
  • Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 4 items per week.
  • Sellers who’ve confirmed their personal information may list 1 item per week.
  • Only sellers registered in the United States or Canada on eBay.com, eBay Motors, or eBay Canada will be able to participate in this event.

- See more at: http://announcements...h.3wvSWq0S.dpuf"

So I have 99 feedbacks. 100%. Only 2 sales in the last 12 months. Would they not consider my accounts to meet the minimum performance standards?

Listing the latest video game console products as pre-sales

Sellers in full compliance with eBay’s Presale policy will be allowed to list the latest video game console products on eBay, 30 days prior to the launch date. Also:

• Authorized resellers may list up to 25 items per week.
  • eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 4 items per week.
  • Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 1 item per month.
  • Only sellers registered in the United States or Canada on eBay.com, eBay Motors, or eBay Canada, will be able to participate in this event.

- See more at: http://announcements...h.3wvSWq0S.dpuf

I was able to list 1 pre-order, so that must mean I meet the minimum right?

#405 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6209 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

I just ran into the problem of listing more than 1. I was setting up a release day sale and they wouldn't allow me to list it. Said I already listed one (which I did) and have to wait 30 days to list another. 

My information is verified and I have 95% rating. Might call eBay and ask for an increase on the limit.

#406 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

I just ran into the problem of listing more than 1. I was setting up a release day sale and they wouldn't allow me to list it. Said I already listed one (which I did) and have to wait 30 days to list another. 

My information is verified and I have 95% rating. Might call eBay and ask for an increase on the limit.

then they will ask why you need more then one to sell and make you do tons of steps to become a store

#407 broadbandit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

broadbandit

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

This is for pre-orders. You can list 4 the day the system releases

eBay Top Rated Sellers may list up to 4 items per week.

Sellers meeting our minimum performance standards may list 1 item per month.

#408 B0W and Arrow   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

B0W and Arrow

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

To this point, does anyone remember if the same thing happened with PS3/360 pre-order prices on eBay leading up to the release of the PS3/360?

#409 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'm kind of curious why every assumes that because they have a pre-order receipt they are 100% guaranteed to get the system on Nov 15. If I remember right, even if you had a PS3 or 360 pre-ordered at first, there were still far too few systems to meet demand and you had to be put on a waiting list for the next shipment to arrive.

I have my Amazon Launch Edition pre-ordered, so I won't need one, but I'd be super pissed at the seller if I paid over MSRP for a console I had to wait (potential) months for it to finally be in their hand when I might have had a better chance just going to the store and finding one myself for $200 less.

If you ask me, pre-order scalpers are playing with fire

#410 broadbandit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

broadbandit

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm kind of curious why every assumes that because they have a pre-order receipt they are 100% guaranteed to get the system on Nov 15. If I remember right, even if you had a PS3 or 360 pre-ordered at first, there were still far too few systems to meet demand and you had to be put on a waiting list for the next shipment to arrive.

I have my Amazon Launch Edition pre-ordered, so I won't need one, but I'd be super pissed at the seller if I paid over MSRP for a console I had to wait (potential) months for it to finally be in their hand when I might have had a better chance just going to the store and finding one myself for $200 less.

If you ask me, pre-order scalpers are playing with fire

I was gonna sell a few on ebay like others are doing, changing the shipping address on their amazon order to the winners address. After researching a bit, it looks like you are not guaranteed the release date shipping will stick if you change the address. I am avoiding a shitstorm by just listing the auction to have the system shipped to me and I ship it out.

#411 lootmidget  

lootmidget

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

It seems to me that if you live in a big enough city, the way to go is CRAIGSLIST, not ebay.

If you want to clear (net after fees and shipping) $200 on ebay you'd need to sell a PS4 for over $750. Not to mention the nerves involved waiting 30 days to see if the buyer tries to do a return scam on you.

Or you could simply sell it on craigslist for $640, still clear $200... and once the transaction is done, the buyer has no recourse with returns except to the store (it'd be nice to give them a gift receipt in case they have real issues with the system).

I have 3 pre-orders, if I sell two on craigslist this way, I've essentially paid for my personal console, and up charging $200 isn't as devilish as $750-$950 on ebay. Everyone is a little happier that way.

(I've also heard it's safest to do your transaction at the parking lot of a police station during the day.)

#412 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I have 3 pre-orders, if I sell two on craigslist this way, I've essentially paid for my personal console, and up charging $200 isn't as devilish as $750-$950 on ebay. Everyone is a little happier that way.

Yeah, $550 - $650 is reasonable if you really, REALLY must have one, but getting one for $800+ is just retarded

#413 BigJoe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

brace yourselves

http://www.nbcnews.c...-out-8C11523817

#414 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

For what? The article says all the major retailers have launch day units for general sale. Not to mention the extras that sites like AZ and Newegg will have (Sony store, Fry's, etc.)

Sony themselves have even said they are releases units in waves rather then one large initial shipment.

#415 ps4hypo  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

For what? The article says all the major retailers have launch day units for general sale. Not to mention the extras that sites like AZ and Newegg will have (Sony store, Fry's, etc.)

Sony themselves have even said they are releases units in waves rather then one large initial shipment.

The article says, they will have launch day units but how many is the question supply will definitely not meet demand after Nov. 15 & 22nd. 1 million pre-orders vs. thousands for launch day? The casual gamers and parents with disposable income are just now starting to join the hype train due to advertising. If Wal-marts launch plans are any indication of how things will go launch night and morning, a lot of Ebay scalpers are shooting their load way too early.

Just glad I can camp in an indoor environment(Wal Mart), hopefully.

#416 Lewi1913  

Lewi1913

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Glad I only sold 7 of mine so far...

#417 ps4hypo  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

Glad I only sold 7 of mine so far...

I think those 7 probably would have netted you a couple hundred dollars more each come launch day. I just wish I would have been that forward thinking to pre-order.

#418 Lewi1913  

Lewi1913

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

I think those 7 probably would have netted you a couple hundred dollars more each come launch day. I just wish I would have been that forward thinking to pre-order.

I am skeptical but we will see. I didn't want to get stuck with 15 preorders and make no money. 

#419 daring  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

I am skeptical but we will see. I didn't want to get stuck with 15 preorders and make no money. 

That was a good move on your part. I would have done the same had i pre-order that many.

#420 BigJoe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Talk about selective reading LOL. You read an article that talks about how the ps4 is going to sell out like crazy and you come out saying that ^ Lmao. I hate to inform you but that article pretty much summed up the that the sell out is a done deal and those who didn't pre order will have trouble getting one before 2014