* * * - - 31 votes

The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

#31 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

major corporations would be foolish if they didn't do that nowadays.  after years of seeing how much customers are willing to pay for their products at launch (wasn't it like 2-3x for launch 360/ps3?), they should open up their own eBay account (for exposure as it seems more people would buy on their than main sites) and ship worldwide as well.

It's obviously in their best interest to have stock on the shelves.  Who do you think will spend more that goes directly in Sony's pocket, the person buying a system only for $1k + on eBay, or the person picking up the $400 system on an impulse in store, who is probably more likely to grab a controller, and games in addition to the system.

#32 bill918  

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

How risky do you guys think it would be sending a few to Japan? Do you know of any reasons why you wouldn't be able to? I know you're not supposed to send iPhones internationaly because the battery in it is prohibited.

#33 matrix9280   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1478 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

That's what the Yakuza's doing.

Never stop making them pay.

#34 htz   Has been playing Batman: Arkham Knight
PS4

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

How risky do you guys think it would be sending a few to Japan? Do you know of any reasons why you wouldn't be able to? I know you're not supposed to send iPhones internationaly because the battery in it is prohibited.

Dualshock 4 has a battery inside...

#35 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

My highest selling PS3 went for $2700 and the other two went for around $1400 each. My kept PS3=Paid with money in the bank.

Impressive! Would you recommend 'auction style' or 'buy it now'?

#36 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

...for a total of six. My wife will wait in line at the other location. 

WOW! You my friend are unbelievable! Sending your wife, alone and defenseless, to stand in line with a bunch of strangers for hours on end in hopes of grabbing just one more PS4...  absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!

...and that's why you're my NEW super hero!

#37 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

major corporations would be foolish if they didn't do that nowadays.  after years of seeing how much customers are willing to pay for their products at launch (wasn't it like 2-3x for launch 360/ps3?), they should open up their own eBay account (for exposure as it seems more people would buy on their than main sites) and ship worldwide as well.

That would be a good idea for a small business as opposed to a major corporation. Understand it's literally the difference between carrying buckets of water vs. building a pipeline that delivers water throughout the villiage.

Could the supply meet the demand this year? Maybe, will it? I feel like it won't. Not really anything to lose if it doesn't work out. But yeah, i'll admit there is a chance of this not working out. Only time will tell

That's negative... be positive! At worst we'll have a smaller window to work with. Keep in mind the momentum of pre-orders, hype of breaking historical records and TWO separate products equates to double the odds of capitalizing on 'Next-gen Launch-gate 2013!'

Well this sucks...

What's that you say MAGGOT?!? We're in the midst of retail WAR! I won't lie to you soldier, some of us won't make it back... errrr make a profit. However the STUDS that do will go down in history and have bragging rights forever more.

NOW FALL BACK TO FORMATION... head UP... shoulders BACK... act like you have a pair ROOKIE!!! When it happens it's gonna happen FAST so stay FROSTY... HOO-AH SOLDIER!!!

#38 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

It's really looking like the XBox One is going to be the system of choice for scalpers and flippers. Sony is going to be intentionally throttling their supply and releasing the PS4 in a much more measured manner. Instead of flooding stores with an initial shipment and then supplying as quickly as they can, they are going to keep more reasonable, steady flow over the course of the holidays. This is going to force potential scalpers to line up regularly in order to artificially throttle supply.

Of course, if demand is high enough, the system will be hard-to-find anyway. But it will be much harder for flippers to enjoy a quick, launch-related turnaround. It might be a better idea to limit initial flipping purchases and wait to see how the market goes, or focus on international flipping. (those Japanese aren't getting their PS4s till February)

Since Microsoft is going with a more typical shipping schedule, their system is going to be more attractive for flipping. There is also the rarity of the Day One promotional units they are going to be distributing. Those will actually have collector's value, and could go for above retail on that factor alone. There is also the advantage of the PS4 launching a week earlier. Flippers focused on the XBox One will have a weeks head-start to see how the PS4 performs. (and test the waters as far as next-gen demand goes)

On the whole, "flip or not to flip" argument. I don't think flipping is inherently evil. Especially for a mass-market device such as these home consoles. There are going to be tons of these things available eventually. Early flipping on launch window demand is no big deal.

My personal policy is that I don't flip for peanuts. If I can only expect to get 10-20% over MSRP for a system, I'm not going to sell it. I picked up a Wii U at launch, and left it alone for a day or so to see where the demand might be. Once it was clear that they wouldn't be flipping for a high markup, I cracked that baby open and started playing.

I might get caught up in the launch excitement, and take a similar approach to the PS4 and XBox One. The fact of the matter is, my time is valuable. I have a steady job, and make a decent hourly wage. The kind of profit I would make off of flipping one of these things is going to have to be substantial if it requires me to stand in line for hours.

#39 BigJoe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Sony announced at TGS that they expect the PS4 to outsell the PS3 at launch by 40%

#40 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Sony announced at TGS that they expect the PS4 to outsell the PS3 at launch by 40%

This is the calm before the storm. I think I'm getting emotional? lol #opportunity

#41 bill918  

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

People are paying 50.00 for the pre order ticket you take to layaway at walmart! Mine has a shit load of them being in a small city. Do you guys think there would be any way you could get in trouble for taking a couple and selling them? Is that stealing?

#42 BigJoe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

HAVE A LOOK :)

http://www.ibtimes.c...-months-1408480

#43 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

WHEEEEEEEEEEEW DOGGY!!!

#44 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9258 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

I'm not going to read this entire thread because it genuinely sucks...

but I do have one question...

Why the Fuck would you preorder and pick up a shitload of consoles and then be a major douchebag and return them?

Why not put up listings 1-2 weeks before release, judge interest, and cancel preorders if there is none?

Sometimes I wish stores never got away from restocking fees. I'm all for consumers being able to return something penalty free but I don't think retailers should bailout dumb ass flippers.

#45 BigJoe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Why the Fuck would you preorder and pick up a shitload of consoles and then be a major douchebag and return them?

Why not put up listings 1-2 weeks before release, judge interest, and cancel preorders if there is none?

Sometimes I wish stores never got away from restocking fees. I'm all for consumers being able to return something penalty free but I don't think retailers should bailout dumb ass flippers.

You mad bro? i'll tell you why, because my new Audi a4 needs to get an all matte black wrap. And I really don't feel like paying for it being that the car is semi expensive and I dont want to spend anymore. So im gonna scalp some PS4's so it gets done for free :) Does that answer your question?

#46 BigJoe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Or maybe i'll just plasti dip it all matte black for a few hundo and pocket the rest bwahahahahahahaha

ps you said this thread sucks and you weren't going to read it. Well, how would you know it sucks unless you read it? GOT YOU! muahahahahahahahahahaha

#47 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Such hostility. smh

Your opinion of this thread reflects your definite position on capitalizing from the next-gen launch. Any explanation on what, how or why it is 'we do what we do' would fall on biased and emotionally driven ears. The attempt would be as pointless as keeping unsold consoles beyond the window to return them. For those that are on the fence I offer this tidbit...

Today's lesson:
There are two peaks in this perceived next-gen launch where one could see max profits and actual interest.

Peak #1: The hype following the announced release/pre-orders
Peak #2: The actual release of said item

Note: The further you get away from each peak the lesser the interest/profits UNTIL the next peak... not a week or two before.

Q&A: Yes, inorder to capitalize on Peak #2 you have to already be in position (the "RISK").

It's a science... we just make it look easy!

#48 thagoat   bundles are craptacular! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

The money is in the PS4 this time around.  There was no demand for the Wii U and there still isn't.  I didn't even bother with that launch.  I am buying (2) xbox ones to flip.  I think microsoft may benefit from the upcoming PS4 shortage.  Make no mistake, the PS4 will make you some dough this year.

#49 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9258 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Such hostility. smh

Your opinion of this thread reflects your definite position on capitalizing from the next-gen launch. Any explanation on what, how or why it is 'we do what we do' would fall on biased and emotionally driven ears. The attempt would be as pointless as keeping unsold consoles beyond the window to return them. For those that are on the fence I offer this tidbit...

Today's lesson:
There are two peaks in this perceived next-gen launch where one could see max profits and actual interest.

Peak #1: The hype following the announced release/pre-orders
Peak #2: The actual release of said item

Note: The further you get away from each peak the lesser the interest/profits UNTIL the next peak... not a week or two before.

Q&A: Yes, inorder to capitalize on Peak #2 you have to already be in position (the "RISK").

It's a science... we just make it look easy!

If you aren't able to tell if the item has potential resale value a week before release then you're an idiot. Most retailer will have there shipments a few days before.

Again only a true moron would be stuck returning anything regardless of what it is they are trying to sell

#50 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

If you aren't able to tell if the item has potential resale value a week before release then you're an idiot. Most retailer will have there shipments a few days before.

Again only a true moron would be stuck returning anything regardless of what it is they are trying to sell

THANK YOU for proving me right! :applause:

"Your opinion of this thread reflects your definite position on capitalizing from the next-gen launch. Any explanation on what, how or why it is 'we do what we do' would fall on biased and emotionally driven ears. The attempt would be as pointless as keeping unsold consoles beyond the window to return them."

I find it humorous when someone who's never done nor believe in what you're doing tries to indirectly advise you. Sometimes they take it personal when their limited information is dismissed. These individuals actually believe their limitations are an accurate measurement of limitations.

#51 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9258 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

THANK YOU for proving me right...

"Your opinion of this thread reflects your definite position on capitalizing from the next-gen launch. Any explanation on what, how or why it is 'we do what we do' would fall on biased and emotionally driven ears. The attempt would be as pointless as keeping unsold consoles beyond the window to return them."

I find it humorous when someone who's never done nor believe in what you're doing tries to indirectly advise you. Sometimes they take it personal when their limited information is dismissed. These individuals actually believe their limitations are an accurate measurement of limitations.

More success on eBay then you could dream of.

Just letting you know you're a moron. If the item doesn't have resale demand before release then save yourself the energy and embarrassment of going HAM and being that guy.

#52 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

More success on eBay then you could dream of.

Just letting you know you're a moron. If the item doesn't have resale demand before release then save yourself the energy and embarrassment of going HAM and being that guy.

There's absolutely NOTHING about what you've shared nor how you’ve articulated yourself in this thread that gives me any ounce of inclination that you've had success reselling ANYTHING. [-(

#53 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9258 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

There's absolutely NOTHING about what you've shared nor how you’ve articulated yourself in this thread that gives me any ounce of inclination that you've had success reselling ANYTHING. [-(

vhdo.jpg

^ Take a minute to see how much you have to sell to reach platinum status and then get back to me.

#54 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

The money is in the PS4 this time around.  There was no demand for the Wii U and there still isn't.  I didn't even bother with that launch.  I am buying (2) xbox ones to flip.  I think microsoft may benefit from the upcoming PS4 shortage.  Make no mistake, the PS4 will make you some dough this year.

Who art thou that bringeth such prophecy? :bow:

#55 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

vhdo.jpg

^ Take a minute to see how much you have to sell to reach platinum status and then get back to me.

Nope... I've already formed an opinion about you. :shame:

#56 Chalupa Batman  

Chalupa Batman

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

I preordered both the X1 and the PS4. My plan is to sell the PS4 to pay for my X1. Hopefully it all works out! :)

#57 BigJoe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

MrFocus is on point people. Take this valuable advice from veterans who have made money off of previous launches and take that info yourself an make money. This thread was to advise each other on making maximum profits. And if your going to come in here with an !#(@ attitude then you're of no value to anyone. Why not see the light and make yourself some money too? :)

#58 Chalupa Batman  

Chalupa Batman

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

So what is the best thing to do with my extra PS4 preorder from Amazon? Do I eBay it? And if so when do I list? Do you do BIN or auction and if so do you do reserve?

#59 BigJoe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

So what is the best thing to do with my extra PS4 preorder from Amazon? Do I eBay it? And if so when do I list? Do you do BIN or auction and if so do you do reserve?

1 day auction on launch day. DO NOT WAIT. Prices go down slowly towards christmas. BIN vs Auction is your choice, Immediate payment option is quite nice with buy it now

#60 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

MrFocus is on point people. Take this valuable advice from veterans who have made money off of previous launches and take that info yourself an make money. This thread was to advise each other on making maximum profits. And if your going to come in here with an !#(@ attitude then you're of no value to anyone. Why not see the light and make yourself some money too? :)

Awww geez... thanks big guy.

1 day auction on launch day. DO NOT WAIT. Prices go down slowly towards christmas. BIN vs Auction is your choice, Immediate payment option is quite nice with buy it now

1-day auction on launch day?!? That's a GREAT idea!

See... that's why they call you "BigJoe."