Older PC, good price?

You need to add the cost of buying windows for it. To me it looks underpowered for $250 but that's my opinion. I am using the nvidia gtx260 in my htpc which sometimes plays steam games so it's ok. 

I already have windows. We got him down to $200. What all steam games are you able to play if you don't mind me asking? All I need it to do is run TF2 and Red Orchestra 2 decently for a few months. Then most likely it's headed to HTPC land.

I run Dirt 3 and showdown, Arkham city, FTL, Grid, NFS Shift. Those are probably more demanding than what you're going to play so you should be fine for those few months. TF2 is pretty old but i'm not sure about RO2. My cpu is the older i7 quad core before sandy bridge. And to be honest except for the front and back panels, it looks exactly like mine.  :whistle2:o  Down to the red on the GTX260 and Gigabyte mobo too.

Sweet, thanks for the info man. Really helpful. Yeah I should be completly fine. My brother runs RO2 on a Athlon 2 2.6 CPU, with a shitty gforce 310 or something like that. He can handle it on all low settings, so I figure I could pump out medium.

Once again thanks!

Good find! By the time you upgrade to newer games, they'll be cheaper in the fall anyhow. Winter steam sale can't come any quicker.

bread's done
Back