GameFly PC Sale: Torchlight II $4 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Use coupon code GFDSEP20 to get 20% off the sale price (first number listed)

GameFly.com

9/6 to 9/7
Torchlight    $3.00    $3.75

9/7 to 9/8
Torchlight II    $3.99    $4.99

9/6 to 9/10
Torchlight II    $7.99    $9.99
Torchlight    $5.99    $7.49
Sacred 2 Gold    $3.99    $4.99
Sacred Citadel    $3.99    $4.99
RAW: Realms of Ancient War    $5.99    $7.49
Final Fantasy VII    $6.39    $7.99
ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif    $3.00    $3.75
ArcaniA - Gothic 4    $3.99    $4.99
Dungeon Lords MMXII    $3.00    $3.75
Gothic II: Gold Edition    $1.99    $2.49
Gothic 3    $1.99    $2.49
Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods    $1.99    $2.49
Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition    $1.99    $2.49
Titan Quest    $3.00    $3.75
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne    $3.00    $3.75

Last edited by a moderator:
So these activate on Steam? I've never bought a PC code from Gamefly but I promised a friend I would get Torchlight II when I could get it cheap. Is this the lowest it's been or should I hold out longer?

So these activate on Steam? I've never bought a PC code from Gamefly but I promised a friend I would get Torchlight II when I could get it cheap. Is this the lowest it's been or should I hold out longer?
From OP:

Torchlight II may get cheaper on 9/7 to 9/8. Following up on it.

From OP:

Torchlight II may get cheaper on 9/7 to 9/8. Following up on it.

Believe it or not I actually managed to miss that in the OP. Thanks Tyler! I'm guessing that means it hasn't been any cheaper before. I have it on my Steam wishlist so I think I'm good to go. Probably end up buying multiple copies to hand out to my less fortunate friends so we can all play together. :)

so torchlight 1 is not a steam key? it doesn't say " This product installs and requires the Steam Client to play." like on torchlight 2, I was hoping to get both on steam.

Went ahead and purchased Final Fantasy VII, along with the new Borderlands 2 upgrade pack using the discount code. Thank you Cheapy!

Sadly Titan Quest the Immortal Throne doesn't appear to be for Steam.  I wanted to add that to the Titan Quest from the Humble THQ Bundle but no luck.  Gamefly won't let you buy it unless you also buy the main game on Gamefly.

Id like to know this too. Ill wait because of the post about torchlight II being cheaper in a day or so, but how do their game purchases work? Is it steam? Do you need their client? I notice some say they require a steam account to activate but not all say that. How do their d.loads work? I never even know GF did these

Id like to know this too. Ill wait because of the post about torchlight II being cheaper in a day or so, but how do their game purchases work? Is it steam? Do you need their client? I notice some say they require a steam account to activate but not all say that. How do their d.loads work? I never even know GF did these

Just checked the website. It says Steam is required to play TLII so we're all set on that front.

From the sounds of it, the FPS in FFVII still blows. Is this true? It's the only thing from holding me back on trying to enjoy it. I missed out on it back in the day when such things could be forgiven 

From the sounds of it, the FPS in FFVII still blows. Is this true? It's the only thing from holding me back on trying to enjoy it. I missed out on it back in the day when such things could be forgiven
Battles are locked at 15 FPS lol

I think the rest of the game is still at 30 FPS too

It was $4.99 several times during the Steam Summer Sale, $3.74 if you got in on a 4-pack.

Dang! That's what I get for not paying much attention to Steam stuff. Oh well.

Torchlight II confirmed to be cheaper today, it's now $4.99 instead of $9.99

Any chance that the sale has a daily deal aspect to it? Like yesterday Torchlight was cheaper, today it's Torchlight II... Could this be a trend across the sale maybe?

Quick question for those who may know, I want to order 2 copies/steam codes for Torchlight II, how does the coupon work with that?  Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Quick question for those who may know, I want to order 2 copies/steam codes for Torchlight II, how does the coupon work with that? Thanks in advance for the assistance!
I also want 2 copies, i will just set it up with another email and just use the same card. It is for someone else and not for trade/sale.

Had to create some more accounts, but was able to get 4 codes to hand out to my friends and family. How convenient that there are 4 character types and 4 of us playing together. Should be awesome!

what the hells going on with these prices, i see torchlight 2 for 3.99 supposedly but now its 4.99. Seriously i see no indication of sales or whats going on. Are they just randomly jumping around?

And arcania for some reason is not showing a price it just says 'download now' ... wtf?

*edit* and how do i make an account just for the digital stuff. I dont want an actual gamefly account, i dont want to rent anything. Seriously, the only option i see is to create an account for their regular gamefly stuff and it charges you after 10 days. How can i do this without paying for their gamefly rentals?

what the hells going on with these prices, i see torchlight 2 for 3.99 supposedly but now its 4.99. Seriously i see no indication of sales or whats going on. Are they just randomly jumping around?

And arcania for some reason is not showing a price it just says 'download now' ... wtf?

*edit* and how do i make an account just for the digital stuff. I dont want an actual gamefly account, i dont want to rent anything
It's $4 with the coupon.

*edit* and how do i make an account just for the digital stuff. I dont want an actual gamefly account, i dont want to rent anything. Seriously, the only option i see is to create an account for their regular gamefly stuff and it charges you after 10 days. How can i do this without paying for their gamefly rentals?
Why can't you just do the trial and sign up normally then just immediately cancel after you've signed up? I don't think there is a way to sign up for just the digital service of gamefly. After you have an account you just log in, don't have to be a paying member or anything.

ah thanks for the info. Actually it looks like you dont need an account. If you just go to buy you can kinda sign up without signing up.

One thing though. WHat about the games that dont mention a steam key. Like Gothic 3. How do you d.load them? Do i need a gamefly client? what kinda DRM is there? I dont want to get the ones that dont mention a steam key like Titan quest and the gothic series, if i need some crappy gamefly client. Can anyone tell me how it works? Prefereably tonight? I wanted to get the other games before the prices flutuate again. Im looking at the gothics and Titan quest in particular

jeeze i may get another copy of Torchlight II so my niece can play with my mom and stuff. Id have to set a steam account up for them though. Is there a way to set steam to not auto launch btw? I'll have to look at the settings

anyone got an answer to my question of how the non steam games work? $3 is a great price for titanquest and i was looking at gothic. But i really need to know how their d.load system works. Im not d.loading another crappy client if they require that. I cant find much info on the site about it. I emailed them but dont know if i'll get a response in time. Googling it actually pulled up a lot of complaints about their d.load client

jeeze i may get another copy of Torchlight II so my niece can play with my mom and stuff. Id have to set a steam account up for them though. Is there a way to set steam to not auto launch btw? I'll have to look at the settings
[customspoiler="Uncheck that"]
ohs2.jpg
[/customspoiler]

anyone got an answer to my question of how the non steam games work? $3 is a great price for titanquest and i was looking at gothic. But i really need to know how their d.load system works. Im not d.loading another crappy client if they require that. I cant find much info on the site about it. I emailed them but dont know if i'll get a response in time. Googling it actually pulled up a lot of complaints about their d.load client
I expect you will have to download their client, as I don't know how else you would be able to download them (the fact they have a client at all is why I'm guessing this). I know when I got a free game from them a while back I had to download it, but I can't speak for titan quest specifically. My guess though is you're better off buying from somewhere like GOG if you don't want to user gamefly's client (which I don't blame you for).

I went in to pickup Torchlight 2 and it is listed as $9.99 now. I guess that sale wasn't through the 8th.

I had Torchlight 2 in my cart last night on my cell phone and decided it would be better to finalize the purchase on my gaming laptop today. Whoops. I guesss that makes at least two sales of Torchlight 2 that won't be made since they prematurely killed the deal.

fuck.. looks like i missed on an extra copy of Torchilght II like some of you did. I guess it ended eastern time or something =(

[customspoiler="Uncheck that"]
ohs2.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I expect you will have to download their client, as I don't know how else you would be able to download them (the fact they have a client at all is why I'm guessing this). I know when I got a free game from them a while back I had to download it, but I can't speak for titan quest specifically. My guess though is you're better off buying from somewhere like GOG if you don't want to user gamefly's client (which I don't blame you for).
ya your probably right. I guess im gonna pass. Im not installing their crappy client. REally too bad. Great price for those games i mentioned and GOG doesn't have them

bread's done
Back