3DSXL hinge broke

Even if it is in warranty, they may deem the break to be the result of missuse. They will still offer to repair, but at a cost. Be prepared to argue if they balk.

That being said Nintendo is normally pretty good at dealing with warranty issues, they just get weird about hinge issues.

Even if it is in warranty, they may deem the break to be the result of missuse. They will still offer to repair, but at a cost. Be prepared to argue if they balk.

That being said Nintendo is normally pretty good at dealing with warranty issues, they just get weird about hinge issues.
yea that is true. I had one break on a DSI XL within 6 months and had to fight them to get it fixed. BUT when i had a power issue on a used one where the Number was removed they had no problems with fixing it for free LOL

Good news, they have a new console for people that break hinges.

2DS_nintendo_angled_red.png

My 3DS XL recently broke off one of the hinges and the top screen slides/comes out of the left hinge which of broken off :( If I remember, it would be about $125 to get that repair but I don't remember. That's almost like buying a new 3DS XL. Anybody knows what they charge now days to repair it? I have never had one damaged or broken off since my original red Mario Kart DS bundle pack I got back in 2005. Even my Gold Zelda DSL is still working marvelously. Any suggestions what to do? I was thinking about just waiting for holiday deals and buying a new one.

My 3DS XL recently broke off one of the hinges and the top screen slides/comes out of the left hinge which of broken off :( If I remember, it would be about $125 to get that repair but I don't remember. That's almost like buying a new 3DS XL. Anybody knows what they charge now days to repair it? I have never had one damaged or broken off since my original red Mario Kart DS bundle pack I got back in 2005. Even my Gold Zelda DSL is still working marvelously. Any suggestions what to do? I was thinking about just waiting for holiday deals and buying a new one.
Submit it for warranty repair, they will call and quote $125, balk and they will offer $100, balk and ask for the unit back and they will be prepared to negotiate lower.

My Ds lite hinge broke but it's still in great shape. Nintendo would charge me $60+ to fix it when I could buy a replacement shell and do it myself for ~$10.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back