Fruit Brute & Yummy Mummy cereals are back for a limited time

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Searched for a thread on this, but nothing came up. Not overly surprised, but I think it deserves a mention.

After hearing for a little over a week on the return of the two long discontinued General Mills Monster cereals...

Fruit Brute (cherry flavored, 1975-1984) & Yummy Mummy (orange cream flavored, 1987-1993), I got to Target today and found the display hidden in the back of the store on the end cap facing the wall of a barely started Halloween section.

At Target they were $2.50 a box and Target has a deal for exclusive retro packaging. I hear Walgreens has them as well, but there are none of those around here. I should probably note, my local store Weis didn't have them either. They used to carry Count Chocula, Franken Berry and Boo Berry for $1.99 as the standard price just a few years ago.

Anyway, the Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy are scheduled to be limited run releases for Halloween. So if you want to relive your childhood or try the cereal from Reservoir Dogs, they can be had.

Oh, and I had a bowl of Fruit Brute. Not nearly as sweet as I expected it to be, but delicous.

Target, Kmart, Walmart, and Walgreens had none at all.  Good thing I didn't go out of my way and just looked when I was by a store.

I just went to Target on Sunday to see if these were there because i never got to try Fruit Brute or Yummy Mummy and I was in luck! They had all 5 different cereals with the vintage style boxes! I only bought FB and YM though because I had already previously bought the other 3 at Meijer with the updated boxes. I wish I would've waited and got them all vintage!

Regardless, Sunday night, my girlfriend and I tested all of the cerels to see which ones we liked the best. That was a lot of fun. =)

Thanks for the post on this, otherwise I probably would've known about it.

I can't find these damn things anywhere in the NYC suburbs.  Why did they have to make the distribution so damn limited?  Anyone from the area know a target that has these, please let me know...

My local store had them on an endcap near the registers... But not the endcaps closest to the main thoroughfare but rather an endcap between the two sets of register rows. In other words, it was on a slightly-hidden endcap of a register closer to the door rather than an easily visible one closer to the interior of the store. Definitely not prime real-estate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frute Brute is pretty good.

I wasn't too impressed with Yummy Mummy.

Back to my normal--Boo Berry, Franken Berry, and Count Chocula.

Locally it's easy to find the original 3 at Walmart anytime of year.

I am still on the lookout for Fruit Brute.  I found the last box of Yummy Mummy at a local grocery store hidden in the Halloween candy section.  My friends and I really liked Yummy Mummy, but if you eat it dry it scrapes the roof of your mouth (a la Captain Crunch).  

I am still on the lookout for Fruit Brute. I found the last box of Yummy Mummy at a local grocery store hidden in the Halloween candy section. My friends and I really liked Yummy Mummy, but if you eat it dry it scrapes the roof of your mouth (a la Captain Crunch).
LOL. my favorite cereals are the Monster ones and Cap'N Crunch!

I am not sure that this stuff is exactly the Breakfast of Champions, but I have got to find some of this, and have been totally unable too find these locally. Oh the pain of living in a small town.

I snagged 4 of the 5 with the vintage boxes last Monday at Target, they didn't have Count Chocula. I can usually find Count and Boo Berry around this time of year but it's nice to see the others back.

bread's done
Back