Gamestop Steal of the Week: Get 50% more in-store credit when you trade electronics toward the pre-order of any next-gen items

kilenem

CAGiversary!
sotw_090913.png

Steal of the Week!  Get 50% more in-store credit when you trade electronics toward the pre-order of any next-gen items, from Monday, September 9, through Sunday, September 29. This is your chance to save big on the hottest upcoming systems and fill out your game library on day one. Get your coupon now for 4,000 points, it’s only available until Sunday, September 15!

In-store credit much be applied towards next generation systems, games and accessories. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Offer good towards items normally accepted in trade. By trading your smartphone, tablet, or media player, you release GameStop from any claim to the product (including, but not limited to, loss off the device or its contents, any music, pictures, or other data stored on it.) Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No Dealers. Void where prohibited. See sales associate from complete details.
For 4000 points you can get a 50% trade in value bonus towards any next gen product. So preorder a game cancel it and you will still have the 50% in store credit

I'm confused. What are the points? I haven't gone to Gamestop in years. Can I just take my stuff in to trade in or is there other steps? I want to trade in my PS3 and possibly my 360 consoles. How much can I get?

I'm confused. What are the points? I haven't gone to Gamestop in years. Can I just take my stuff in to trade in or is there other steps? I want to trade in my PS3 and possibly my 360 consoles. How much can I get?
For everything you buy at game stop you get points added to you account. You should buy them with your power up rewards card. You also have to connect your Power up rewards card to power up rewards website.

Man if this lasted into October I would totally bite as I'll be getting a Note 3 and looking to sell my galaxy S3. Only offering it for 2 weeks is lame.

These SotW coupons are the lamest shit I have ever seen.  It would be a total pain in the ass to use them if they were free...the fact that you have to pay for them is ludicrous.

Is there any chance at all this stacks with the Playcation coupon? Was planning on trading in the PS3 with the coupon for some extra PS4 stuff anyway, would be nice if I could get a bit of extra credit too.

Doubtful.  50% on top of 50% so double TIV??!?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I think this was intended for the iPhone 4S more than anything. People should be able to preorder it this week and get it before the end of the month, if apple stays consistent with their history.

^ I think this was intended for the iPhone 4S more than anything. People should be able to preorder it this week and get it before the end of the month, if apple stays consistent with their history.
If you're talking about the new iPhones, pre-orders start 13th for 5C and 20th for 5S

i didnt check online thought i got a good deal. Now im home i realized i was scammed by gamestop the playcation worked but canceled my coupon i got 336 but damn still have sotw but who cares im out of a ***** iphone 4s

How do you actually spend the 4000 points to get the coupon? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the powerup rewards site.

Edit: never mind, I found it by scrolling through all the rewards

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure is a Steal of the Week. Gamestop stealing from you. I think they should change the name. Obviously, anyone can tell that it's gonna be Gamestop stealing from you. But for the few that don't know, the name should get changed. I'm thinking Scam of the Week.

Does it work if I already pre-ordered the Xbox One and I'm just looking to pay it off with the trade-in credit?
It should. It's like the 30% promotions they have when it's toward an item. The one rule it has is that all of that credit must go into that one thing, but you can keep the extra credit if there's any.

It should. It's like the 30% promotions they have when it's toward an item. The one rule it has is that all of that credit must go into that one thing, but you can keep the extra credit if there's any.
Great, I can do an iPad flip and I only need $200 more on my Xbox One, so there should be some remaining credit.

OP, you can put these up with the rest of yours and modify your thread as you prefer.

All the rest of the SOTW for this month:

9/16/13.

sotw_091613.jpg

9/23/13.

sotw_092313.jpg

9/30/13.

sotw_093013.jpg

for some reason (website glitch maybe??) the TIV value of the iPone 4S, for AT&T only, went from $210 to $290 today. Verizon and sprint still $210. I hopped on tht the second I noticed!

$290 + 50% bonus = $435.

$435. For a 2 year old iPhone. With zero hassle.

:)

for some reason (website glitch maybe??) the TIV value of the iPone 4S, for AT&T only, went from $210 to $290 today. Verizon and sprint still $210. I hopped on tht the second I noticed!

$290 + 50% bonus = $435.

$435. For a 2 year old iPhone. With zero hassle.

:)
It was 290 yesterday as well.

Don't recall seeing it @210 though..

Grrr -- missed the opportunity to get the SotW by like an hour. If anyone decides not use theirs and wants to sell it to me, please PM (is the coupon tied to one's account?).

Damn are you kidding me? I was gonna trade in an iPhone today and hadn't even noticed this deal. A day late and $16.60 less :(. Any way for me to still get this coupon?

bread's done
Back