GameStop SotW Coupons September 2013: 09/30-10/06 50% Extra Credit When Trading Any Systems

JediJames2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
GameStop PUR Steal of the Week Coupons for September 2013

https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/Home/Index

Current Coupon

Available 9/30-10/06

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/Rewards/Details?var=tw24NnWy8XYeFEinRwlVOsvmPau+5ajIEUFbig56Y2PC/XhlZRSoxmxGfVH01b7Hpe+RLPgAlV+cRnW9MIgb5f/dR6WJSLR6XsYSY8A6gJU6O8Gx9XkiXGuPdYrxaCkOPsUqD5zJTKdpr+D22roUUQ==

sotw_093013.jpg

Steal of the Week!  Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any systems, from Monday, September 30, through Sunday, October 20. You could get a massive amount of credit ready to be used on anything in-store or online, including next-gen systems and games! Get your coupon now for 20,000 points, it’s only available until Sunday, October 6!

Limit 1 coupon per customer.  Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption.  Hardware must have all necessary components for trade.  Not valid toward cash trades.  Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value.  Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.  Coupon expires 10/20/13.
FAQ

How can I get these coupons?

You need to sign up for GameStop's Power Up Rewards program (both the free and the paid versions work) and activate your card on their website. You'll then get points for purchases and trade ins which you can use towards these coupons or anything else on the rewards site.

How many of these can I get?

As many as you have enough points for. Same coupons will not stack in one purchase however (so cannot use two of the same type of 25% off coupon for example).

Will these coupons stack with any other coupons/promos?

Trade bonus coupons: No. Trade bonuses VERY RARELY stack together. Usually only happens if the employee or the register somehow screws up.

$ and % off coupons: Yes, mostly. Coupons have been known to stack so long as they are different promos. Example: 25% off + 20% will stack but 25% + 25% will not.

I ended up buying a coupon but no longer want it. Can I get my points refunded?

According to their Terms/Conditions, no. However some CAGs have had success talking with customer service and getting a refund that way. Otherwise you can always try trading your unwanted coupons to fellow CAGs here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/282790-gamestop-coupon-trading-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate the hard work and the early info dump!  That 25% off a used game coupon is looking finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.

Birthday and Playcation coupons kinda make these pointless. But... Playcation is ending soon. I want some more coupons like the $100 VIta/3DS :(

Newb questions, perhaps, so I apologize in advance (perhaps would be helpful to include in the OP as suggested so others don't have to repeat the same questions).

If I'm reading this right, the 25% off used games coupon can be purchased on the week of 9/16.  What is the expiration date on these coupons?  Do they typically expire in a month?  3 months?  No expiration date?

Does the 25% apply to all used games in a single transaction, or just for one used game?

How many of the same coupons can I get if I have enough points?  Can I get 2 or 3 of these 25% off used games coupons to be used in separate transactions?

And do these stack with other PUR Pro coupons?  If I had a $20 off used games coupon, can I use the 25% off AND the $20 off?

Is there anyway to get the 50% Trade-In Bonus Playcation coupon anymore?
I don't think so, unless someone gives you their unused coupon code. I need one too, I might actually have to pay the 4000 points this week to trade in my iPad Mini since it would come to $285.

Newb questions, perhaps, so I apologize in advance (perhaps would be helpful to include in the OP as suggested so others don't have to repeat the same questions).

If I'm reading this right, the 25% off used games coupon can be purchased on the week of 9/16. What is the expiration date on these coupons? Do they typically expire in a month? 3 months? No expiration date?

Does the 25% apply to all used games in a single transaction, or just for one used game?

How many of the same coupons can I get if I have enough points? Can I get 2 or 3 of these 25% off used games coupons to be used in separate transactions?

And do these stack with other PUR Pro coupons? If I had a $20 off used games coupon, can I use the 25% off AND the $20 off?
Coupons are usually good for 3-4 weeks. Once they are available on the rewards site they'll mention when they expire in their description.

Based on the wording the 25% off coupon should work on all games in a single transaction but no one will know for sure until someone tries it out and reports back.

You can get as many coupons as you want so long as you have the points for them.

It should stack with other coupons, so long as it's not another copy of itself. So 25% off + 25% off won't work but 25% off + $5 off will.

Meh, the birthday coupon is free, and theres only a 5% difference
But if it stacks with the 25% off... ;)

It's also better if you're buying several games at once since the b-day coupon only works on a single game and the 25% off coupon applies to every game in a transaction.

Meh, the birthday coupon is free, and theres only a 5% difference
From the wording of this weeks coupon I believe it'll work for all games in the transaction (although I haven't used one yet so I'm not 100% certain). So there's that. Plus this coupon should stack with the birthday coupon.

I don't know why some of you guys would actually spend points on this coupons. fuck GameStop with these stupid coupon promotion and bad marketing. Coupons are supposed to be free!!!!

But if it stacks with the 25% off... ;)

It's also better if you're buying several games at once since the b-day coupon only works on a single game and the 25% off coupon applies to every game in a transaction.
I need to make a list of games I want and get them all together...
Holy crap. If it applies to all used games in a transaction, then I'm in!! Making my list, too!

And if anyone gets it to work for the whole purchase, appreciate letting us know. Thanks!

1. The 25% off used Steal of the Week coupon is confirmed to work on multiple games in one transaction, so maximize the number of games you're getting!

2. The 25% off used Steal of the Week coupon does NOT play nice in-store with the ongoing 50% off select used games list sale.  Make sure to separate out any games that are eligible for the 50% for a second transaction, otherwise the computer will force your SOTW coupon to kick out the 50% promo and you will end up paying extra and have to do a return/rebuy to fix it.

Going after work to find out. Wish me luck!
1. The 25% off used Steal of the Week coupon is confirmed to work on multiple games in one transaction, so maximize the number of games you're getting!

2. The 25% off used Steal of the Week coupon does NOT play nice in-store with the ongoing 50% off select used games list sale. Make sure to separate out any games that are eligible for the 50% for a second transaction, otherwise the computer will force your SOTW coupon to kick out the 50% promo and you will end up paying extra and have to do a return/rebuy to fix it.
Do you remember what the expiration dates were for your coupons?

I know this doesn't stack with promos, but do you guys think this 25% off will stack with a B2G1 coupon?

Not of a deal considering that's lots of points for the 25%, thumbs up for those who snatched the 25% off bday coupon on here before it got modded. 

The bday coupon is 20% and it's only for one item. If you buy the higher priced games, the 25% off all is very worth it.

Not of a deal considering that's lots of points for the 25%, thumbs up for those who snatched the 25% off bday coupon on here before it got modded.
If you use on this weekend during Triple Points for Pros, you could make that 7,500 back.

BTW, anyone know whether the Triple Points will be Triple the regular points you get (aka 2x the dollar value, then 3x that) or just 3x the dollar value?

The bday coupon is 20% and it's only for one item. If you buy the higher priced games, the 25% off all is very worth it.
Indeed, but you can use it unlimited times, thats 30% with edge card. The edge card savings always stacks with any promotion.

If you use on this weekend during Triple Points for Pros, you could make that 7,500 back.

BTW, anyone know whether the Triple Points will be Triple the regular points you get (aka 2x the dollar value, then 3x that) or just 3x the dollar value?
Dude, I totally forgot about the Triple Points thing. Thanks for reminding me. I imagine that triple for Pro would be the 20 points per dollar x 3. After all, it is for Pro and anything other than that would be like not giving triple for Pro.

CaoPi, do you really want to get banned from GameStop just because you're abusing something because you can't do basic math?

Just got back from GS and was able to stack the 25% off, birthday coupon, and PUR card. Picked up Diablo III for 29.96. Thanks OP!

Just got back from GS and was able to stack the 25% off, birthday coupon, and PUR card. Picked up Diablo III for 29.96. Thanks OP!
Was just gonna say this; Im pretty sure the birthday coupon can stack with the 25% off and PUR. Nice to see it confirmed.

Dude, I totally forgot about the Triple Points thing. Thanks for reminding me. I imagine that triple for Pro would be the 20 points per dollar x 3. After all, it is for Pro and anything other than that would be like not giving triple for Pro.

CaoPi, do you really want to get banned from GameStop just because you're abusing something because you can't do basic math?
I don't know about being banned from that, heck gamestop had the 25% off used refferal coupon and giving extra 1,000 pts a few months back. You can give the coupon to 5 other people! They did realize we were using other people bday coupons!

I remember last year when I had the 25% Off Coupon I was only going to Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition. I gave the coupon to the manager and he said go get as many games as you want because its for all the games you buy in a single transaction. 25% off each plus PUR. I go and get a few more came back and he encouraged me to get even more to help sales numbers. What can I say I couldnt resist. I think I bought about 20 games on that coupon.

I don't know about being banned from that, heck gamestop had the 25% off used refferal coupon and giving extra 1,000 pts a few months back. You can give the coupon to 5 other people! They did realize we were using other people bday coupons!
Are you seriously comparing a friend coupon that has six uses for six persons to a birthday coupon that has one use for 2-3 months for a single person?

I actually did get the e-mail for the coupon, but stupid Gmail changed the layout at the same time and hid it from me. It definitely didn't say, "This is for you since people keep abusing birthday coupons! Now you can do something similar and get points while you're at it!"

Was just gonna say this; Im pretty sure the birthday coupon can stack with the 25% off and PUR. Nice to see it confirmed.
But will it stack with B2G1? Cuz you could use this 25%, bday, and the GTAV coupon for B2G1 to save even more...

I remember last year when I had the 25% Off Coupon I was only going to Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition. I gave the coupon to the manager and he said go get as many games as you want because its for all the games you buy in a single transaction. 25% off each plus PUR. I go and get a few more came back and he encouraged me to get even more to help sales numbers. What can I say I couldnt resist. I think I bought about 20 games on that coupon.
Bet you were his favorite customer that day! Lol.

Well I just got 2000 points for GTA and a couple trades, I think I'm going to cash in on this sucker. Does it depend on who you get at the store if the coupon stacks? I'd imagine most employees wouldn't like doing that.

considering a $10 off preowned coupon is 8,000 points and you wanted a $54.99 used game it'd be a deal to get the 25% coupon for 7,500 points plus can be used on more then 1 game.

I'm probably redeeming for it and using it on Last of Us and maybe Diablo 3 if I can find one used.

If anybody has suggestions on how to use this along with B2G1 to build some GS credit please PM me. Going to go to the store tonight I think

Might be a noob question but does the 25% coupon towards preowned apply towards the original preowned price or the price after the 10% off for having PUR?

Ex: $30 - 10% PUR = $27 - 25% = $20.25

or   $30 - 35% = $19.5

If I stack the BDay coupon + 25% and I'm buying multiple titles, I'm assuming its going to discount the cheapest game?

Might be a noob question but does the 25% coupon towards preowned apply towards the original preowned price or the price after the 10% off for having PUR?

Ex: $30 - 10% PUR = $27 - 25% = $20.25
or $30 - 35% = $19.5

If I stack the BDay coupon + 25% and I'm buying multiple titles, I'm assuming its going to discount the cheapest game?
I already answered this on the first page; guess I'll have to add it to the OP later for good measure.
To answer it again: each discount is applied separately and off of the new total, so 25% first then 10% off the new total.
Bday coupon discount comes off of the highest priced game.

bread's done
Back