GTA V Special Edition available again at Gamestop

jereb

CAGiversary!
I just happened to check this morning, and I noticed that Gamestop's website once again is allowing people to preorder the Special Edition of GTA V for both PS3 and 360.  I jumped on it, and I would recommend anyone else that wants it to jump on it too.  I doubt it'll be available for too long.

I've never pre-ordered online with Gamestop. Do they do release date delivery?
I was wondering the same thing, but I don't think that they do. When in checkout, their was no option for release date delivery.

In fact, I think that the only option was some form of delivery that takes from 4-7 days, which isn't ideal, but I'm willing to wait if it means getting the SE.

Was going to get this but it was gone at my local Gamestop so I ended up with the collector's edition.  Oh well, credit well used. lol

They banned you from GIVING them money? That sounds quite odd for a greedy company to do.

Blah. Really want this... but ordered too much from GameStop last Black Friday and they've banned my account. :(

Thanks anyway OP!

The B1G1 was pretty awesome those early morning hours
Exactly. I will admit that I did abuse the hell out of that promotion. My ban is probably well deserved... LOL

Anyway, I guess I'll drop by a physical store for the first time in ages. That way, I'll be in incognito mode....
:twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. I will admit that I did abuse the hell out of that promotion. My ban is probably well deserved... LOL

Anyway, I guess I'll drop by a physical store for the first time in ages. That way, I'll be in incognito mode....
^ ummmm.... that may be a wasted trip. Once they close preorders in-store they almost never reopen them. This is most likely only available online now.

^ ummmm.... that may be a wasted trip. Once they close preorders in-store they almost never reopen them. This is most likely only available online now.
Ah. Well thanks for the heads up!

I guess I'll be getting the standard version this year... or paying a ton for it on eBay.

Damn, I was hoping this wouldn't be rare since I do want it but don't think it's worth anything close to the $150 they're asking for it. 

Good catch, OP. I was bummed that the SE went out of stock everywhere. I've got it preordered. Now to cancel my original preorder.

The prices arent bad on ebay. 2 sellers with like 10 CE each for about $125. Must have hoarded when that best buy sale happened

Damn, I was hoping this wouldn't be rare since I do want it but don't think it's worth anything close to the $150 they're asking for it.
What you're referring to is the Collector's Edition. The Special Edition has been unavailable for preorder for a few weeks now and I guess has just been made available again only on the GameStop website.

I still think it's a little ridiculous that they're charging $20 more for just a steelbook, a map and a couple of things of DLC, but I still kind of want it. I should've preordered a while back. Here's hoping that it'll come back in stock at Amazon so I can get it without paying taxes and shipping.

What you're referring to is the Collector's Edition. The Special Edition has been unavailable for preorder for a few weeks now and I guess has just been made available again only on the GameStop website.

I still think it's a little ridiculous that they're charging $20 more for just a steelbook, a map and a couple of things of DLC, but I still kind of want it. I should've preordered a while back. Here's hoping that it'll come back in stock at Amazon so I can get it without paying taxes and shipping.
watch for amazon warehouse, they most likely will have some "returns"

Wow!  The Special Edition is that popular?!  In that case, I'm glad I made the upgrade from vanilla to the Special Edition.  Paid it off, too, so it's just in-and-out when I pick it up next week.

Heh, that doesn't seem so bad considering they're charging another $70 for a hat, deposit bag and a few additional pieces of DLC.

You did some thing more then just buying from their B2G1. You did some thing to defraud the system.

You don't get banned for simply buying games. You get banned for taking advantage of promo type glitches and what not.

I can see why you got banned now though.

I hope the SE edition comes back in stock on amazon.

I was wavering back and forth between the Standard and the LE at Amazon. Since I was in doubt, I just went with the Standard. I should have kept my LE pre-order at Amazon ;) Additional shipping kills it for me via the GS website.

I was wavering back and forth between the Standard and the LE at Amazon. Since I was in doubt, I just went with the Standard. I should have kept my LE pre-order at Amazon ;) Additional shipping kills it for me via the GS website.
Doesn't the SAVER code work?

You did some thing more then just buying from their B2G1. You did some thing to defraud the system.

You don't get banned for simply buying games. You get banned for taking advantage of promo type glitches and what not.

Who hasn't taken advantage of promo code glitches at GameStop? They used to be GREAT! CAG16 + 10% PUR + FREE SHIP + $10 OFF $30/40/50. That's alright though, I'll be one of the few who confess their wrongdoing and embrace the suspension!

Back on topic - I wouldn't expect the SE edition to come back in stock on Amazon before the release date. I'd bet you'd be able to vulture one or two dingers off of AWD within the first week or so though!

That's not true at all. They will ban based on volume. If you don't believe me wait until they have a limited item and try to buy 5-10 using the same billing/shipping details.

That's not true at all. They will ban based on volume. If you don't believe me wait until they have a limited item and try to buy 5-10 using the same billing/shipping details.

That's common sense though as the defrauding part is that they know you are a reseller.

If you tried doing that in retail stores many of them would do the same thing as its at managers discretion and usually the manager isn't an idiot and knows what's up.

Normally they should use quantity purchasing limits but it's impossible to do that with every item. At the same time you can't sell an unlimited amount of something to someone just because they have the money.

They're not going to sell their entire stock to someone they know is a reseller.

Hence why you were banned from amazon and I think target and gamestop. Yet you cry the blues wondering why.

Dont know why everyone else is getting error messages, but I placed my order at 230pm EST and SAVER code worked for me:

80934dd18d49.jpg

That's common sense though as the defrauding part is that they know you are a reseller.

If you tried doing that in retail stores many of them would do the same thing as its at managers discretion and usually the manager isn't an idiot and knows what's up.

Normally they should use quantity purchasing limits but it's impossible to do that with every item. At the same time you can't sell an unlimited amount of something to someone just because they have the money.

They're not going to sell their entire stock to someone they know is a reseller.

Hence why you were banned from amazon and I think target and gamestop. Yet you cry the blues wondering why.
Man, you seem oddly offended by all of this. Sorry for upsetting you. I'll keep my fingers crossed GTA V comes back in stock so you'll cheer up! :lol:

I think the reason sites ban for multiple order isn't just because they are afraid of people abusing the system, but the same reason why your bank may call you or block transactions if you order a ton of stuff in a short period of time. A lot of times stolen cards or fraud is the cause for mass purchases and it's more of a cautionary block than anything.

do i have to use the pin that is on the gift card back and type it in promo code ?? And by the way do i still receive the power points ?

bread's done
Back