Nintendo 2DS - $129.99 + $5 Promo Gift Card @Newegg

jholden3249

CAGiversary!
Newegg is offering Nintendo 2DS handheld tablets for pre order with $5 promo gift cards for pre ordering. Both red and blue are available, and come tax-free with free shipping options. That's the best and ONLY deal I've seen thus far for the Nintendo 2DS. Not a bad price of entry for the amazing 3DS library if I do say so myself.

Here's the links:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal.  Wish I'd been able to get my XL tax-free!  I never use the 3D, but I really like the bigger screens and stereo sound.  And ability to fold it... :)  it lives in my pocket.

In all honesty...whats the reason to wanting a 2DS? It looks like something that should of been out before the 3DS. Looks like an ugly downgrade. Anyone want to explain why one is worth owning?

Oh jeez, is this really going to turn into that type of discussion?

2DS is for a pretty specific market.  If you have a 3DS already, you're probably not part of that specific market.  If you're not a child, you're probably not part of that specific market.

Oh jeez, is this really going to turn into that type of discussion?

2DS is for a pretty specific market. If you have a 3DS already, you're probably not part of that specific market. If you're not a child, you're probably not part of that specific market.
I wasnt trying to hate. Until this past weekend I thought this was a gimmick. I didnt know it was releasing in a month. From my understanding though it can play 3DS games but in 2D right? So basically a cheap way to play 3DS games is what they are aiming for?

In all honesty...whats the reason to wanting a 2DS? It looks like something that should of been out before the 3DS. Looks like an ugly downgrade. Anyone want to explain why one is worth owning?
It's for the 5 and under crowd. If it looks like a Playmobil product, that's intentional.

I wasnt trying to hate. Until this past weekend I thought this was a gimmick. I didnt know it was releasing in a month. From my understanding though it can play 3DS games but in 2D right? So basically a cheap way to play 3DS games is what they are aiming for?
Sorry--I've seen too many discussions about it, so I'm twitchy. :) Yeah, it plays 3DS and DS games, but it does not do the 3D thing, does not fold up, and only has one speaker. Other than that, same as the original 3DS (other than the obvious).

I'd definitely have gone for a "2D" version of the XL if it was $50 cheaper. Again, wouldn't want the audio downgrade, hit to portability, and especially couldn't go back to 90% smaller screens. I'm sure the 2DS will be built like a tank, though, reminiscent of the original Game Boy.

There will probably be armies of 4-16 year-olds with 2DSes playing Pokemon.

Sorry--I've seen too many discussions about it, so I'm twitchy. :) Yeah, it plays 3DS and DS games, but it does not do the 3D thing, does not fold up, and only has one speaker. Other than that, same as the original 3DS (other than the obvious).

I'd definitely have gone for a "2D" version of the XL if it was $50 cheaper. Again, wouldn't want the audio downgrade, hit to portability, and especially couldn't go back to 90% smaller screens. I'm sure the 2DS will be built like a tank, though, reminiscent of the original Game Boy.

There will probably be armies of 4-16 year-olds with 2DSes playing Pokemon.
Lol hey pokemon is fun though. Ill just stick to my 3DS XL though. Been trying to find a good deal to get a 3DS for my little brother as well. I know he wants Pokemon X and Y so bad. It would make him happy.

For kids who dont take care of stuff (which is most) the 2DS seems like a durable cheap alternative. I see what Nintendo is aiming for. Smart.

This is a deal post. there are 3ds/2ds discussion in the platform forums.

Tempting, i am in for a 2DS but not sure if this is the deal I want to take advantage of right now.

Lol hey pokemon is fun though. Ill just stick to my 3DS XL though. Been trying to find a good deal to get a 3DS for my little brother as well. I know he wants Pokemon X and Y so bad. It would make him happy.

For kids who dont take care of stuff (which is most) the 2DS seems like a durable cheap alternative. I see what Nintendo is aiming for. Smart.
Yeah, I wasn't making fun. :) I seem to buy all the Pokemon games, despite never playing any besides Red/Blue and HeartGold.

The thing that makes this a good deal is no sales tax. It seems like Newegg runs out of consoles, so it's sort of time limited. I suppose there will be a better deal come Black Friday.

I think this is great. Ask anyone who owns a 3DS about the 3-D most of them will tell you they never use it, it hurts their eyes after awhile. or its extremely gimmicky with little to no point.

Personally If I'm never going to use the 3DS feature then why not save like $80 bucks? That isn't some small savings. It's a huge % of a 3DS cost.

The only con I see is its not really portable based on it doesn't fold up.

I think this is great. Ask anyone who owns a 3DS about the 3-D most of them will tell you they never use it, it hurts their eyes after awhile. or its extremely gimmicky with little to no point.
I always use the 3D. I don't recall it ever hurting my eyes but then again I always play it in a well lit environment with the system's brightness at its lowest setting. While it is admittedly gimmicky it certainly doesn't detract from the gameplay IMO.

Personally If I'm never going to use the 3DS feature then why not save like $80 bucks? That isn't some small savings. It's a huge % of a 3DS cost.

The only con I see is its not really portable based on it doesn't fold up.
Your math is off. The regular 3DS has an MSRP of $169.99. That's a difference of $40. Of course, there have been multiple sales, free game and gift card/promo credit offers in the past six months, so really the savings isn't all that huge if you look out for a deal on the regular 3DS.

bread's done
Back