[DEAD] Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection $9 @Playasia (+$10 shipping)

trashaccount

CAG Newbie
Edit:

Playasia has updated the listing, the 9 dollar deal is no longer valid.

Edit edit:

Playasia has issued an apology on the pricing and is refunding everyone who preordered.

They're also doing a raffle in which 9 people (who preordered the 9 dollar copy) at random will get a free copy, and everyone (who preordered the 9 dollar copy) will get a coupon for 10% off any purchase under 100 dollars.

metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-327355.15.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-paOS-13-49-en-70-70l7.html

The euro version of Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection is currently listed at $9.00

The euro version will be released on 9/13, so it will start shipping then.

The catch is that you have pay at least $10 in shipping.

I don't know playasia well enough to know if they have coupons for free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure you can't use none of the DLC voucher codes on a US account. You'd need a Euro PSN account.

Which is basically all the extra content to the vanilla MGS HD collection.

It's not a pricing error. I been seeing the Brits order the game today on other forums.

Pretty sure you can't use none of the DLC voucher codes on a US account. You'd need a Euro PSN account.

It's not a pricing error. I been seeing the Brits order the game today on other forums.
Crap, really?

Well excuse me then, I better go cancel that order.

Crap, really?

Well excuse me then, I better go cancel that order.

You don't need to cancel. He said you can't use none which means you can use all download codes.

Looks like it got changed to Announced-pre orders soon.

After looking more into the bundle, the only dlc codes I see are for mgs1 and vr mission.

If that's the case, then this bundle would still be of value to me since I have the ps1 game.

Dunno if my cancel is going through but if it doesn't, I can still enjoy it.

Oh, crap!

You reminded me that Play Asia still has my money! Does anyone know how I can get it back? PayPal sure won't cover it now. Not that it ever would. PayPal sided with an eBay seller who never sent me a package.

Wrong, this also has MGS 4 which the vanilla MGS HD collection doesn't have.

Oh, crap!

You reminded me that Play Asia still has my money! Does anyone know how I can get it back? PayPal sure won't cover it now. Not that it ever would. PayPal sided with an eBay seller who never sent me a package.
I just went and checked my order status and it says refund pending so you should get your money back.

Completely 100% unrelated but does anyone know how much playasia was selling Last of US, Deadpool or Soul Sacrifice for?
TLoU - $69.90 (Don't have a f'ing clue what sort of "Weekly" special this falls under but that's the price.)

Deadpool - $54.90

Soul Sacrifice - $24.90

TLoU - $69.90 (Don't have a f'ing clue what sort of "Weekly" special this falls under but that's the price.)

Deadpool - $54.90

Soul Sacrifice - $24.90
Prices revert to whatever was the last default price once all allocated units are sold. There are some chances of a restock since this is a weekly special, but it varies. TLoU and Deadpool were under $30 before they sold out. Deadpool might have been $24.90 from what I last saw.

Looks like it got changed to Announced-pre orders soon.

After looking more into the bundle, the only dlc codes I see are for mgs1 and vr mission.

If that's the case, then this bundle would still be of value to me since I have the ps1 game.

Dunno if my cancel is going through but if it doesn't, I can still enjoy it.
All you have to do is create a UK account, it's pretty easy. Download the DLC through that account and play it on your US account.

Dear Metal Gear fans,

We are sorry to inform you that due to an unfortunate mistake our company has accepted pre-orders for the European version of the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection at a selling price of USD 9.00 instead of our regular pre-order price of USD 59.90. The misquoted price was a result of human error on our end and we would like to deeply apologize for this.

All orders containing the aforementioned product at the price of USD 9.00 will be cancelled and we're in the process of issuing full refunds to all affected customers. Please kindly note that it might take up to 5 days until the last refunds have been successfully processed.

Play-Asia.com strives to offer the best customer satisfaction, however, our company is not immune to human error. In acknowledging this mistake, we want to offer those of you affected by the error something for your trouble.

Firstly, all customers who purchased this product at USD 9.00 will automatically take part in a raffle. There will be 9 winners who receive a free copy of the game. We will announce the winners on Monday, September 23rd.

Secondly, all customers affected will receive a discount coupon giving them 10% off on one of their next purchases. These coupons will be sent out within the next few days and the following terms and conditions apply:

• Coupons are only valid for 180 days from the date of our mailing
  • Receive 10% discount up to a maximum of USD 10.00
  • Coupons cannot be used on orders for cash-equivalent products (e.g. point cards)
We truly hope that this will not affect our relationship and ensure that this will not happen again. Our company has released a video message that you can access by clicking on the below picture.

Our sincerest apologies again, and

Thank You on behalf of Play-Asia.com.

Paypal sided with a seller?
Yes. The seller did not add shipping information. I even sent a message and I got nothing. Then a lot of time passed and I filed a claim because I got nothing. Then the seller replied to the claim asking me to remove it and let the PayPal deadline expire. I replied that I did not receive any shipping information even when I sent a message to the seller and that I would only remove the claim when I got the proper shipping information showing that the seller did send it and that the seller is not at fault because the claim time was expiring that weekend. Before the end of the weekend, I get this message from PayPal saying that the claim was removed because the seller provided shipping information.

I did not see this information. I never got it this entire time and the seller is able to recreate it at the last minute. It's stupid. I don't even have the item.

Yes. The seller did not add shipping information. I even sent a message and I got nothing. Then a lot of time passed and I filed a claim because I got nothing. Then the seller replied to the claim asking me to remove it and let the PayPal deadline expire. I replied that I did not receive any shipping information even when I sent a message to the seller and that I would only remove the claim when I got the proper shipping information showing that the seller did send it and that the seller is not at fault because the claim time was expiring that weekend. Before the end of the weekend, I get this message from PayPal saying that the claim was removed because the seller provided shipping information.

I did not see this information. I never got it this entire time and the seller is able to recreate it at the last minute. It's stupid. I don't even have the item.
Call them on the phone. I've had much better results this way, compared to the online resolution center. (Although if it's been a long time, you're probably SOL.)

I just went and checked my order status and it says refund pending so you should get your money back.
I checked my order status but there wasn't a way to request a refund or anything.

I think it just took me to the item.
I got an e-mail that told me to check that page to request the refund.

It wasn't automatic.
I got the email as well.

It says refund pending despite having done nothing about it.

I think it's automatic, unless you can point out where they want us to do something about the refund.

All you have to do is create a UK account, it's pretty easy. Download the DLC through that account and play it on your US account.
I'll keep that in mind for future reference then.

Interesting they did an apology, a raffle, and a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGEgSbxwhM

I got the email as well.

I think it's automatic, unless you can point out where they want us to do something about the refund.

I'll keep that in mind for future reference then.

Interesting they did an apology, a raffle, and a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGEgSbxwhM
Wow, I'm surprised they did that. Did people claim that they were emotionally disturbed by this incident or something?

I'm sure every single person that ordered this knew that it was a pricing error (including me) and that there was a good chance that the order would be cancelled. I hope people aren't harassing them.

I'm sure every single person that ordered this knew that it was a pricing error (including me) and that there was a good chance that the order would be cancelled. I hope people aren't harassing them.
I preordered under the assumption that either it would get cancelled and I get refunded, or that they honor the deal.

I've seen these errors happen before.

Valve, during one of their sales, priced Sleeping Dogs + DLC at the time for -91% off. It was under 10 dollars to get everything when the game was still newish. Valve honored it.

Best Buy priced Metro Last Light (download) for $0.01.

Though to be fair, it was not the main listing, but a promo item that was supposed to go with the purchase of an Nvidia card. You had to have the specific link to it but I was able to buy it as if it were an item just priced at 1 cent. They only honored the first purchase I made.

Edit:

My only regret here is not screencapping the webpage when it said 9 dollars.

Did someone happen to take a screenshot?

I have a receipt of the order and everything, but I have a nice little collection of screen caps of pricing errors...

I got the email as well.

I checked my e-mail from Play-Asia and this time, the link actually took me to a contact page, which I think can be accessed from other parts of the site. I entered my order number, changed the topic to returns/refunds and wrote what happened in the box. I'll hopefully get my money returned to me.

Thanks, OP. I had forgotten with school and all.

I preordered under the assumption that either it would get cancelled and I get refunded, or that they honor the deal.

I've seen these errors happen before.

Valve, during one of their sales, priced Sleeping Dogs + DLC at the time for -91% off. It was under 10 dollars to get everything when the game was still newish. Valve honored it.

Best Buy priced Metro Last Light (download) for $0.01.

Though to be fair, it was not the main listing, but a promo item that was supposed to go with the purchase of an Nvidia card. You had to have the specific link to it but I was able to buy it as if it were an item just priced at 1 cent. They only honored the first purchase I made.

Edit:

My only regret here is not screencapping the webpage when it said 9 dollars.

Did someone happen to take a screenshot?

I have a receipt of the order and everything, but I have a nice little collection of screen caps of pricing errors...
But the difference with those is that they were digital products. And it's not like they didn't give us anything in return.

Also I ordered that same code for metro but my order got cancelled. They could have at least given me a coupon XD

Why i stuck to my guns never to use again they stole over 400 5 years ago. Who you gonna call when payblah steals you're balance nobody that's who. They told me right out they can do anything they want since i signed Policy. Sad crooks..

Why i stuck to my guns never to use again they stole over 400 5 years ago. Who you gonna call when payblah steals you're balance nobody that's who. They told me right out they can do anything they want since i signed Policy. Sad crooks..
Yeah paypal is quite shitty for sellers. I don't feel comfortable having a balance so I always transfer any money I get into my back account right away. They are pretty shady how they hold your money.

I checked my e-mail from Play-Asia and this time, the link actually took me to a contact page, which I think can be accessed from other parts of the site. I entered my order number, changed the topic to returns/refunds and wrote what happened in the box. I'll hopefully get my money returned to me.

Thanks, OP. I had forgotten with school and all.
I wasn't required to do any of that and I still got the refund.

But the difference with those is that they were digital products. And it's not like they didn't give us anything in return.

Also I ordered that same code for metro but my order got cancelled. They could have at least given me a coupon XD
True.

For the Metro thing, it was quite flaky. At first, it was sending out the codes to people, but after a certain point it was sending refunds of 1 cent.

Topic title should probably get a "DEAD" added to it.
Ok.

Never made a thread on ehre before, didn't know I could edit the title.

I use PayPal much less when it comes to buying and selling now. It's because eBay stole some of my money and one of the representatives laughed about it and avoided negative feedback by switching representative.

I thought that PayPal was somewhat separate from eBay but I think it took into account that I left eBay when this happened since it was around the same time.

I bought this game, tried it, hated it, sold it on eBay.  now I won a copy from the raffle so I can sell it brand new since I hate this game!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

bread's done
Back