- - - - -

Just Got a 3ds, What games would you recommend?

#1 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

I just got a 3ds xl a couple of days ago, and I was wondering what are some good games I should buy. Right now I only have fire emblem awakening. I was thinking about getting Kingdom Hearts 3d and possibly Shin Megami Tensei IV? I do know I want the new ace attorney game coming up.

#2 Emoney244   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

If you like Mario in the least, even if you are a little burnt out on him I highly recommend Super Mario 3D Land. I personally liked it more than Galaxy. Animal Crossing New Leaf is pretty great for a newcomer to the series. Resident Evil Revelations is a pretty impressive handheld game and a decent Resident Evil.

Emoney244.png

2aSLTKu.png

Thank you for pulling your heads out of your asses Sega. 

#3 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I heard the Mario game has really great 3d. I might try to pick that up. I've never played animal crossing before but I have heard that a lot of people lose a lot of hours to those games. And for the resident evil game I can't determine if I want the console version or the 3ds version. But thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check those games out.

#4 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7168 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

If you have any interest in buying digitally Bit Trip Saga is $5 (on sale) on the E-shop and well worth it IMO, also Steamworld Dig is really good, that's $9.

OuN33jx.png

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#5 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   9574 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

RE Revelations. SM3D Land.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#6 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Thanks I'll definitely look into those games. Hopefully there's some good sales coming up

#7 funkmonker  

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

Orcarina of time 3d

i'm playing

:xb1: shadow of mordor, dead rising 3, minecraft

add me: mjp skrillex

#8 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

I should probably play OoT. I never really played it before. I just wish it was cheaper, hasn't it been out for a really long time? I'm also thinking about tales of abyss 3ds since I never played the ps2 version.

#9 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Project X Zone if you're into SRPGs and Theatryhthm if you're into Final Fantasy music.

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#10 Effort   E for Effort CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

It runs very well on the handheld, looks great and plays great. The multiplayer on it is also fun.

#11 UndyingForce   The Host with the Most CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

UndyingForce

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

The top 3 games I have put the most hours in are as follows:

Fire Emblem

Virtues Last Reward

Resident Evil Revelations (the reason I bought the system)

3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#12 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

I played a bunch of super street fighter iv on the 360.

The top 3 games I have put the most hours in are as follows:

Fire Emblem

Virtues Last Reward

Resident Evil Revelations (the reason I bought the system)

I have fire emblem right now, the game is really great. I played virtues last reward on the vita and loved the game. Resident evil I can't decide if i want the hd upres version on console or the 3ds version.

#13 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   751 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

SM3L is awesome. I also really liked NSMB2, though I guess not everyone did. OoT is a great port (looks really nice, and the touch screen is useful rather than stupid). I really like Kid Icarus: Uprising (I play it on super easy mode cause I suck at the game, but I really like the story). I would like to recommend Kingdom Hearts DDD but I'm not too far into the game, and I'm not sure how big a part of the game the pets play later on; though I can say without a doubt that if they are a huge part of the game towards the end, I will likely never beat the game, as I don't understand the pets at all. Animal Crossing is great (it's my first AC and I like it a lot). Think the rest of the games I have are kinda so-so.

PM me if you'd like to play:

:ps3: Injustice, LBP Karting, Mortal Kombat, PS All-Stars, Rock Band 3, the Beatles: Rock Band

:3ds: Mario Golf, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS

:vita: Injustice, LBP Vita, Mortal Kombat, PS All-Stars, UMVC 3

#14 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

SM3L is awesome. I also really liked NSMB2, though I guess not everyone did. OoT is a great port (looks really nice, and the touch screen is useful rather than stupid). I really like Kid Icarus: Uprising (I play it on super easy mode cause I suck at the game, but I really like the story). I would like to recommend Kingdom Hearts DDD but I'm not too far into the game, and I'm not sure how big a part of the game the pets play later on; though I can say without a doubt that if they are a huge part of the game towards the end, I will likely never beat the game, as I don't understand the pets at all. Animal Crossing is great (it's my first AC and I like it a lot). Think the rest of the games I have are kinda so-so.

Yea I'll definitely look into SM3L, I want OoT but its still 40 bucks and the game has been out on 3ds for 1-2 years. I like kingdom hearts so I might try to pick up DDD. I've never played animal crossing before but I have heard that a lot of people play it for countless hours. I'm also really thinking about getting SMTIV

#15 Ahadi   Lord Tyrant CAGiversary!   1844 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Check out Monster Hunter. It's a wicked good time despite it's learning curve. I'll echo the others who have said Animal Crossing, it's great. Luigi's Mansion is pretty excellent as well, very creative, colorful, and fresh. Kid Icarus is fun but the controls can cause some pain (physically) if you don't have the circle pad pro. Mario Kart is a winner. In regards to Dream Drop Distance? Steaming pile of turd. Hated it. Put in 12 hours to make sure I was giving it a fair shake. Just god awful.

#16 io   ... Super Moderators   23179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

Definitely get SMT IV - I am totally engrossed in that game right now.

#17 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Check out Monster Hunter. It's a wicked good time despite it's learning curve. I'll echo the others who have said Animal Crossing, it's great. Luigi's Mansion is pretty excellent as well, very creative, colorful, and fresh. Kid Icarus is fun but the controls can cause some pain (physically) if you don't have the circle pad pro. Mario Kart is a winner. In regards to Dream Drop Distance? Steaming pile of turd. Hated it. Put in 12 hours to make sure I was giving it a fair shake. Just god awful.

I think i tried to get into Monster hunter on psp, I couldn't get into it. I guess I should give it another go. That sucks that Dream Drop isn't that good, maybe if its really cheap I'll try and pick it up.

Definitely get SMT IV - I am totally engrossed in that game right now.

Is SMT IV hard to get into? I loved persona 4, but I haven't really played the main series. It does look like a really good and lengthy game to get for 3ds

#18 Rasen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   693 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Devil Survivor, Soul Hackers

#19 io   ... Super Moderators   23179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think i tried to get into Monster hunter on psp, I couldn't get into it. I guess I should give it another go. That sucks that Dream Drop isn't that good, maybe if its really cheap I'll try and pick it up.

Is SMT IV hard to get into? I loved persona 4, but I haven't really played the main series. It does look like a really good and lengthy game to get for 3ds

It starts out kind of hard, but then it gets much easier as the game goes on.  But that's true of a lot of RPG's.  Once you know how the system works and get access to more attacks (and the fact that hitting demons with elemental attacks that they are weak to gives you more turns) it gets much easier.

But yeah, definitely a lengthy, engaging game.  Apparently I'm only about half way through the story and I'm 40+ hours in.

#20 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2321 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Mario 3d land is an exquisite game, and well worth playing.  If you like RPGs I definitely suggest Tales of the Abyss, and Mario and Luigi.  Paper mario is also a great game, but I know that there were some people who didn't like it.  Luigi's mansion is also really great.  Project X zone is pretty badass, if you like tactical RPGs.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#21 Osirus313   CAG's Mega Man CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

can the Nintendo 3ds play nintendo ds games?

Have Dexter Season 5 Sealed DVD
$20 Shipped

#22 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Yea. From what I know it plays ds games.

#23 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Fire Emblem New Awakening

Those are the two games that have made me glad I bought a 3DS.  Super Mario 3D Land was very good too I guess, I'm just not much into platformers any more.

And yes, it plays all DS games.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#24 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Fire Emblem New Awakening

Those are the two games that have made me glad I bought a 3DS.  Super Mario 3D Land was very good too I guess, I'm just not much into platformers any more.

And yes, it plays all DS games.

The only game I have right now is Fire Emblem, so I have been playing a lot of that game. Its really good, I'm just not too good at the game. I found a couple of people through the streetpass function, but they're really strong and reclassed a bunch of their characters. So I can't really beat them, I just have to find a way to get good skills on my characters and level them up.

#25 io   ... Super Moderators   23179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

Yes, of course - you can always count on Nintendo to provide backwards compatibility for the previous console.  I played 999 on my 3DS XL and it looked/played great.

I am nearly 60 hours into SMT IV right now and apparently am not getting the "best" ending so I have a decision to make: 1) Start a new game+ and try for the better ending 2) Play any one of 20-30 other long RPG and Strategy-RPG games in my backlog like Fire Emblem (others include Tales of Xillia/Graces/Vesperia, Skyrim, Disgaea 3 and 4, Persona 4 Golden, the Etrian Odyssey game that comes out tomorrow, and many more)...  As much as I want to stick with it, I may have to move on.

#26 asianmentality   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

asianmentality

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

That's a long backlog of really good games. I really want to pick up tales of xillia, but I'm waiting for a price drop. Disgaea d2 comes out next week and I'm really looking forward to that. But yea persona 4 is really good and I liked disgaea 3 and 4 a lot. I feel like I would just continue playing Smtiv and then maybe YouTube what the good ending is. If there's a new game plus I would maybe replay it and aim for the best ending.

#27 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

Kid Icarus: Uprising. Very good game although I haven't played it in months.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was not very good to me so I wanted to pick up a $10 copy to play it some more but it sold out very fast to resellers.

SMT IV is good but it's nowhere near as good as Fire Emblem Awakening. Awakening could very well be the best game this year.

I can't think of other amazing titles right now. I need to check my game mailer. I need a game case.
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.