Just Got a 3ds, What games would you recommend?

asianmentality

CAGiversary!
I just got a 3ds xl a couple of days ago, and I was wondering what are some good games I should buy. Right now I only have fire emblem awakening. I was thinking about getting Kingdom Hearts 3d and possibly Shin Megami Tensei IV? I do know I want the new ace attorney game coming up.

If you like Mario in the least, even if you are a little burnt out on him I highly recommend Super Mario 3D Land. I personally liked it more than Galaxy. Animal Crossing New Leaf is pretty great for a newcomer to the series. Resident Evil Revelations is a pretty impressive handheld game and a decent Resident Evil.

I heard the Mario game has really great 3d. I might try to pick that up. I've never played animal crossing before but I have heard that a lot of people lose a lot of hours to those games. And for the resident evil game I can't determine if I want the console version or the 3ds version. But thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check those games out.

If you have any interest in buying digitally Bit Trip Saga is $5 (on sale) on the E-shop and well worth it IMO, also Steamworld Dig is really good, that's $9.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should probably play OoT. I never really played it before. I just wish it was cheaper, hasn't it been out for a really long time? I'm also thinking about tales of abyss 3ds since I never played the ps2 version.

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

It runs very well on the handheld, looks great and plays great. The multiplayer on it is also fun.

The top 3 games I have put the most hours in are as follows:

Fire Emblem

Virtues Last Reward

Resident Evil Revelations (the reason I bought the system)

I played a bunch of super street fighter iv on the 360.

The top 3 games I have put the most hours in are as follows:

Fire Emblem

Virtues Last Reward

Resident Evil Revelations (the reason I bought the system)
I have fire emblem right now, the game is really great. I played virtues last reward on the vita and loved the game. Resident evil I can't decide if i want the hd upres version on console or the 3ds version.

SM3L is awesome. I also really liked NSMB2, though I guess not everyone did. OoT is a great port (looks really nice, and the touch screen is useful rather than stupid). I really like Kid Icarus: Uprising (I play it on super easy mode cause I suck at the game, but I really like the story). I would like to recommend Kingdom Hearts DDD but I'm not too far into the game, and I'm not sure how big a part of the game the pets play later on; though I can say without a doubt that if they are a huge part of the game towards the end, I will likely never beat the game, as I don't understand the pets at all. Animal Crossing is great (it's my first AC and I like it a lot). Think the rest of the games I have are kinda so-so.

SM3L is awesome. I also really liked NSMB2, though I guess not everyone did. OoT is a great port (looks really nice, and the touch screen is useful rather than stupid). I really like Kid Icarus: Uprising (I play it on super easy mode cause I suck at the game, but I really like the story). I would like to recommend Kingdom Hearts DDD but I'm not too far into the game, and I'm not sure how big a part of the game the pets play later on; though I can say without a doubt that if they are a huge part of the game towards the end, I will likely never beat the game, as I don't understand the pets at all. Animal Crossing is great (it's my first AC and I like it a lot). Think the rest of the games I have are kinda so-so.
Yea I'll definitely look into SM3L, I want OoT but its still 40 bucks and the game has been out on 3ds for 1-2 years. I like kingdom hearts so I might try to pick up DDD. I've never played animal crossing before but I have heard that a lot of people play it for countless hours. I'm also really thinking about getting SMTIV

Check out Monster Hunter. It's a wicked good time despite it's learning curve. I'll echo the others who have said Animal Crossing, it's great. Luigi's Mansion is pretty excellent as well, very creative, colorful, and fresh. Kid Icarus is fun but the controls can cause some pain (physically) if you don't have the circle pad pro. Mario Kart is a winner. In regards to Dream Drop Distance? Steaming pile of turd. Hated it. Put in 12 hours to make sure I was giving it a fair shake. Just god awful.

Check out Monster Hunter. It's a wicked good time despite it's learning curve. I'll echo the others who have said Animal Crossing, it's great. Luigi's Mansion is pretty excellent as well, very creative, colorful, and fresh. Kid Icarus is fun but the controls can cause some pain (physically) if you don't have the circle pad pro. Mario Kart is a winner. In regards to Dream Drop Distance? Steaming pile of turd. Hated it. Put in 12 hours to make sure I was giving it a fair shake. Just god awful.
I think i tried to get into Monster hunter on psp, I couldn't get into it. I guess I should give it another go. That sucks that Dream Drop isn't that good, maybe if its really cheap I'll try and pick it up.

Definitely get SMT IV - I am totally engrossed in that game right now.
Is SMT IV hard to get into? I loved persona 4, but I haven't really played the main series. It does look like a really good and lengthy game to get for 3ds

I think i tried to get into Monster hunter on psp, I couldn't get into it. I guess I should give it another go. That sucks that Dream Drop isn't that good, maybe if its really cheap I'll try and pick it up.

Is SMT IV hard to get into? I loved persona 4, but I haven't really played the main series. It does look like a really good and lengthy game to get for 3ds
It starts out kind of hard, but then it gets much easier as the game goes on. But that's true of a lot of RPG's. Once you know how the system works and get access to more attacks (and the fact that hitting demons with elemental attacks that they are weak to gives you more turns) it gets much easier.

But yeah, definitely a lengthy, engaging game. Apparently I'm only about half way through the story and I'm 40+ hours in.

Mario 3d land is an exquisite game, and well worth playing.  If you like RPGs I definitely suggest Tales of the Abyss, and Mario and Luigi.  Paper mario is also a great game, but I know that there were some people who didn't like it.  Luigi's mansion is also really great.  Project X zone is pretty badass, if you like tactical RPGs.

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Fire Emblem New Awakening

Those are the two games that have made me glad I bought a 3DS.  Super Mario 3D Land was very good too I guess, I'm just not much into platformers any more.

And yes, it plays all DS games.

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Fire Emblem New Awakening

Those are the two games that have made me glad I bought a 3DS. Super Mario 3D Land was very good too I guess, I'm just not much into platformers any more.

And yes, it plays all DS games.
The only game I have right now is Fire Emblem, so I have been playing a lot of that game. Its really good, I'm just not too good at the game. I found a couple of people through the streetpass function, but they're really strong and reclassed a bunch of their characters. So I can't really beat them, I just have to find a way to get good skills on my characters and level them up.

can the Nintendo 3ds play nintendo ds games?
Yes, of course - you can always count on Nintendo to provide backwards compatibility for the previous console. I played 999 on my 3DS XL and it looked/played great.

I am nearly 60 hours into SMT IV right now and apparently am not getting the "best" ending so I have a decision to make: 1) Start a new game+ and try for the better ending 2) Play any one of 20-30 other long RPG and Strategy-RPG games in my backlog like Fire Emblem (others include Tales of Xillia/Graces/Vesperia, Skyrim, Disgaea 3 and 4, Persona 4 Golden, the Etrian Odyssey game that comes out tomorrow, and many more)... As much as I want to stick with it, I may have to move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a long backlog of really good games. I really want to pick up tales of xillia, but I'm waiting for a price drop. Disgaea d2 comes out next week and I'm really looking forward to that. But yea persona 4 is really good and I liked disgaea 3 and 4 a lot. I feel like I would just continue playing Smtiv and then maybe YouTube what the good ending is. If there's a new game plus I would maybe replay it and aim for the best ending.

Kid Icarus: Uprising. Very good game although I haven't played it in months.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was not very good to me so I wanted to pick up a $10 copy to play it some more but it sold out very fast to resellers.

SMT IV is good but it's nowhere near as good as Fire Emblem Awakening. Awakening could very well be the best game this year.

I can't think of other amazing titles right now. I need to check my game mailer. I need a game case.

bread's done
Back