Best Buy 2 Day Sale: $179.99 3DS XL and more!

mmm still 2 weeks away from wanting to buy one, hopefully someone else will do a sale leading up to oct. 

Ugh, I was gonna wait until the 27th to get the Pokemon X & Y-themed 3DS XL, but the $20 off is tempting me to spring for one right now instead.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Ugh, I was gonna wait until the 27th to get the Pokemon X & Y-themed 3DS XL, but the $20 off is tempting me to spring for one right now instead.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do?
Well is some Pokemon paint worth $20 to you? If it is go pre-order it at GS. If it's not and you still want a Pokemon design get it now and pay $8-10 to get a Pokemon decal for it.

The XL has been on sale for $175 before, maybe even $160 for the Pikachu version at Target on release. Personally, I would wait for a lower price or better bundle.

Here's the catch though, for some reason Nintendo doesn't like to deeply discount the 3ds during Black Friday, from what I've seen in years past. The better prices were always random sales and not BF discounts. However, if you want a 3ds XL bundled with a digital game, then BF may be a better option. While the pokemon editions were announced, it's still possible that Nintendo has something in the wings for BF. My personal hope is that they bring out a Legend of Zelda edition bundled with the new game. If they don't, I'll probably hold off for a Monster Hunter 4 bundle next year.

The XL has been on sale for $175 before, maybe even $160 for the Pikachu version at Target on release. Personally, I would wait for a lower price or better bundle.

Here's the catch though, for some reason Nintendo doesn't like to deeply discount the 3ds during Black Friday, from what I've seen in years past. The better prices were always random sales and not BF discounts. However, if you want a 3ds XL bundled with a digital game, then BF may be a better option. While the pokemon editions were announced, it's still possible that Nintendo has something in the wings for BF. My personal hope is that they bring out a Legend of Zelda edition bundled with the new game. If they don't, I'll probably hold off for a Monster Hunter 4 bundle next year.
Because they include a Mario or Zelda game and add a quarter sized logo to the system and it sells like crazy.

I would love if they did a surprise green year of Luigi system for BF but it's quite evident by now that this who thing was just a sham in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that paying full price for a LoZ system seems foolish at first, BUT as we've seen with the Pikachu system and other special editions, the resale value is nearly always higher in the long run. So when you eventually want to upgrade or buy a new special edition, your resale dollars will go further.

Probably another good reason to wait for the pokemon 3ds XL ... simply because the $20 you save today on a standard XL could potentially be $40 or more later if you decide to sell your used system.

I want to jump on this from my X/Y XL I have pre-ordered, but It will easily be worth more than retail down the line.

3DS XL... so fuck ing tempting... ... must save BB credit for Black Friday ... BB may or may not have a black friday 3DS XL bundle while everyone obsesses over Xbox One and PS4... must resist spending $179.99 today...

This reminded me that I got my Pikachu 3DS XL for $160, I'm so happy about that.

I should have purchased a 3DS a long time ago. I still can't pull the trigger. I want this to be 150. Or maybe I'll wait for the next DS

If best buy has this on a paper add. You can price match at Meijer and MPERKS has 15 dollars off of any purchase over 150

bread's done
Back