Has anyone gotten updates from Amazon about GTA5 pre-orders?

stryk187

CAGiversary!
Has anyone who pre-ordered GTA5 from Amazon gotten any update e-mails? I'm probably being paranoid, but I haven't pre-ordered from them before. With Prime 2-day shipping, I was thinking they would be shipping out by Sunday in order to meet the "release day delivery guarantee," but I haven't gotten any shipping notices yet. Has anyone else gotten a "your order has shipped" notice yet?

Another question, now that I think about it. Is it a release day delivery "guarantee" or is it more of a "promise"? What happens if it's not delivered on time, do they give you some sort of discount or credit? I'm not doubting them, just curious. Like I said, I'm probably being paranoid, but I've not pre-ordered from Amazon before.

Has it entered "Shipping Soon" phase yet?  If it has, then they're getting ready to ship it out right now.   It's possible that they might be overnighting the game to you.  If you don't get shipped notice by tomorrow evening, contact Amazon CS to see what is going on.

As for delivery on release date, it's more of a promise that can't sometimes before filled.  As sometimes the warehouse your order ships from gets the game in late.

Also it seems Rockstar is pissed that Amazon broke street date and shipped it early to some customers who got it last week.  So they might be withholding shipping up until the last moment.

Others mentioned they got shipping notifications on Saturday from Amazon, but since I don't have details from them, I can't give you more than that. 3 people total have told me that (1 from another site, 1 CAG, 1 person I know outside of internet).

I know people that have gotten reimbursed for Amazon missing release date shipping dates (which sometimes fell on the service they used). It varied from entire games free, to a percentage, to nothing.

I hope that helps. I know others will give you much more detailed response, but I just don't have that in the last year. I stopped ordering new release games from Amazon when they started charging tax in Texas ;(.

rockstar has requested retailers to not ship the game until tomorrow.

http://www.geek.com/games/rockstar-asks-retailers-not-to-ship-gta-v-until-september-16-1569627/

That being said anytime I have pre ordered anything from Amazon I have gotten it on release day.  I did not preorder GTA V on amazon because they were not giving anything extra.  I preordered from my local best buy and they are also open at midnight so I will be picking up a little after midnight and getting my $10 in rewards that I will save for a PS4 game or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it entered "Shipping Soon" phase yet? If it has, then they're getting ready to ship it out right now. It's possible that they might be overnighting the game to you. If you don't get shipped notice by tomorrow evening, contact Amazon CS to see what is going on.

As for delivery on release date, it's more of a promise that can't sometimes before filled. As sometimes the warehouse your order ships from gets the game in late.

Also it seems Rockstar is pissed that Amazon broke street date and shipped it early to some customers who got it last week. So they might be withholding shipping up until the last moment.
This. And in the past, I've been worried, and many people told me not to. In this span, I found out (this may only be my area, but who knows?) that Amazon can mail it as late as 8pm local time, and have it on your doorstep the next day (this is usually only for Prime customers, or customer service issues). As long as it gets on the plane the night before, you are good.

EDIT: I had a Prime membership, which updates to release day shipping to any game they offer it on, even if not available when you order. I would order games 1 year or more in advance, and let it auto update to RDD. Sometimes Prime had expired, and they still upgraded the shipping option when it became available. In every case that I ordered a game that had, or eventually had, Release Date Delivery while I had an active Prime mebership (even if Prime expired well before game's release), the game was delivered on release day. I have had problems with damaged boxes, etc, but always got the product, so you should be good, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
rockstar has requested retailers to not ship the game until tomorrow.

http://www.geek.com/games/rockstar-asks-retailers-not-to-ship-gta-v-until-september-16-1569627/

That being said anytime I have pre ordered anything from Amazon I have gotten it on release day. I did not preorder GTA V on amazon because they were not giving anything extra. I preordered from my local best buy and they are also open at midnight so I will be picking up a little after midnight and getting my $10 in rewards that I will save for a PS4 game or something.
That was September 5th? We all know Amazon & some Target stores disregarded that already.

bread's done
Back