Rainbow 6 Vegas FREE on Xbox Live (9/16-9/30)

sdgl.gif

The game is still fun 7 years later. Only thing that's really ugly is the graphics and it bothers me that co-op story online doesn't have any of the dialogue/story so me and my friend are beating the game again, but he has to play the sp to hear out the story as well as get the realistic achievement.

It's a shame the new rainbow six has been in limbo forever despite Ubisoft saying It's still in the works.

The hours I put into this and R6 Vegas 2 was enormous. Only Gears, Borderlands and the Halo titles came close to the amount of hours I spent on this and It's sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thank you Microsoft for showering us with such amazing top of the line content.... Ugh could they even dig deeper into the bargain bin?

This game came out nearly 7 freaking years ago, and it costs 3 dollars for a physical copy at gamestop. At this point they really might as well just stop.

Oh thank you Microsoft for showering us with such amazing top of the line content.... Ugh could they even dig deeper into the bargain bin?

This game came out nearly 7 freaking years ago, and it costs 3 dollars for a physical copy at gamestop. At this point they really might as well just stop.
It's a token gesture, to make it appear like they're on par with the PS+ free games program. And an attempt to keep and entice some of the newer people to the Xbox ecosystem. I've never played RSV, for example, so I ain't complaining (but, for the record, it's not working at making me loyal to Xbox...I just can't resist free).

Even the most "anticipated" game they announced as like a flagship of this free games thing is halo 3. Itself being 6 years old, having 3 newer sequels and is selling for less than 8 bucks. They should have called it "Microsoft's Bargain Bin Bonanza!" As an owner and subscriber to both of these consoles it makes me cringe every time they announce the new game.

Monsta Mack is like the only person who isn't pissing on this game.

My only complaint about the game is the achievement list... wow. I'm never getting anywhere to completing this one. However, I had a bunch of friends wanting to pick this up (because it's free), and wanting to co-op with me, so say what you will about the price, but I didn't want a slimy used copy from GameStop even for $1, and I'm pretty sure my friends didn't want that either. The price of free is a hard bargain to pass up too.

3 years ago is pretty old to me.
When the XBox has been around since what 2005, I'd say 3 years doesn't qualify as "old ass".

Still, yes, many of these games are older but they've all been well reviewed, decent games at least. The only real head-scratcher so far has been the Magic game since it's so niche.

When the XBox has been around since what 2005, I'd say 3 years doesn't qualify as "old ass".

Still, yes, many of these games are older but they've all been well reviewed, decent games at least. The only real head-scratcher so far has been the Magic game since it's so niche.
I'm going to add Defense Grid to that list too, not because it was the only other XBLA game, but it's like... all the others have been staples of Xbox one way or another (other than Magic)... but then Defense Grid?

Don't get me wrong, R6 Vegas and R6 Vegas 2 are great games. But they're dated as hell now.

I mean shit, the next R6 game was announced what? Three years ago?

I'm going to add Defense Grid to that list too, not because it was the only other XBLA game, but it's like... all the others have been staples of Xbox one way or another (other than Magic)... but then Defense Grid?
I have to respectfully disagree. Tower Defense games are one of the most "mainstream" (and yes, casual as well) games out there. Magic on the other hand is a video game based off a niche card game making it double-niche I guess you could say.

Never played this game. Going to go get it soon, even though I heard it was only $3 at Gamestop for a used copy.

Wish you could trade your Games with Gold for past Games with Gold you missed.  I so would trade Rainbow 6 Vegas for Assassin's Creed II or Crackdown. :(

I have to respectfully disagree. Tower Defense games are one of the most "mainstream" (and yes, casual as well) games out there. Magic on the other hand is a video game based off a niche card game making it double-niche I guess you could say.
I never said it wasn't 'mainstream' or anything... it's just not a staple of what you think about Xbox... Assassins Creed, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six, Halo... all of those scream Xbox. Defense Grid doesn't scream Xbox. It screams Humble Bundle to me.

The only games with gold I have been interested in was crackdown which is a great game, and dead rising, but I would have preferred off the record, it's a much much better version of the game. I either already own the rest or played and finished them so long ago that I have no interest in playing them again.

Why does MS even bother if all we are gonna get are crap old titles?  Yet, there are so many Live arcade titles now that many people have not played.  Something like Toy Soldiers or Zero Clash would make me feel like I'm really getting something for free.

While Rainbow Six Vegas is a great game, it's definitely way old.  I just finished the sequel (probably the oldest game in my backlog of old/recent titels). - the first was better IMO. It could also be the very last firefight in the sequel really frustrated me :p

It's amazing how people bitch and moan as if they actually deserve something more. Take it or leave it, it's free. Don't sit here and whine about it...

Compare what PS+ is getting compared to this. Consider that PS+ is $10 cheaper per year too
You also don't get to keep anything you get with PS+. Either way, the fact is no one deserves a damn thing. This isn't a part of the paid service, this is a bonus. Take it or leave it. No one has any right to bitch about it though, like some self-entitled child. That's about as pathetic as going to the grocery store and complaining that the free samples aren't entire unopened products.

Nice try, MS exec.

Your analogy makes no sense since you don't pay for free samples at the grocery store.  Games for Gold is one of the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, a $60/year service.

It's amazing how people bitch and moan as if they actually deserve something more. Take it or leave it, it's free. Don't sit here and whine about it...
It's not free if you are paying $60 for Live (even if alot of people around here don't actually pay anywhere close to $60 for Live). How many people have already played these games years ago? I would guesstimate the majority of Live members have played at least 50%+ of these games if not all of them.

Plus there is a benchmark to follow with PSN+, as far as the age and quality of the games is concerned.

Not every game had to be 1 or 2 years old, but constantly releasing these 6-7 year games is rediculous (granted Crackdown is actually the one "Games for Gold" that isn't totally useless for me... it's still pathetic). They would have been better serving Gold members by releasing some more random (but newer) indy games that maybe fell under the radar, paired with a slightly better selection of retail games. That way at least there would be a chance of finding something new with each update. For me there has only been 1 game of any interest to me whatsoever (Crackdown) - I'm sure there are plenty of others that have found these "freebies" to be equally useless and disappointing.

You also don't get to keep anything you get with PS+
Oh gee, saving hundreds of dollars a year for what I get sure does make me angry that I can't keep them even though I will be paying for PS+ every year because it's an amazing service

Either way, the fact is no one deserves a damn thing. This isn't a part of the paid service, this is a bonus. Take it or leave it.
Incorrect. This is Microsoft trying to compete with PS+, which by the way is going horribly and making me (and probably many many others) not reconsider my PS4 pre order

No one has any right to bitch about it though, like some self-entitled child.That's about as pathetic as going to the grocery store and complaining that the free samples aren't entire unopened products.
Oh man how dare I voice my opinion that Microsoft is doing a horrible job compared to their competitor. Shall I kiss Steve Balmer's feet to apologize because obviously you don't think people deserve to publicly voice their opinions and choices?

You also don't get to keep anything you get with PS+. Either way, the fact is no one deserves a damn thing. This isn't a part of the paid service, this is a bonus. Take it or leave it. No one has any right to bitch about it though, like some self-entitled child. That's about as pathetic as going to the grocery store and complaining that the free samples aren't entire unopened products.
Well since I'm paying for both PSN+ and XBLG Gold I'll chose "leave it". My sub expires in November.

Probably getting a PS4 anyway.

Such a dark injustice that Microsoft would capsized what we'd receive for free. It's like a diabolical pitch. They flashback us to their earlier catalog, while we linger wanting more. It's really just an unbound saga of war logs if you ask me. Someone should go to the dragon's lair and demand new games like Sonic Adventure and Ikaruga to be released for free.

Oh gee, saving hundreds of dollars a year for what I get sure does make me angry that I can't keep them even though I will be paying for PS+ every year because it's an amazing service

Incorrect. This is Microsoft trying to compete with PS+, which by the way is going horribly and making me (and probably many many others) not reconsider my PS4 pre order

Oh man how dare I voice my opinion that Microsoft is doing a horrible job compared to their competitor. Shall I kiss Steve Balmer's feet to apologize because obviously you don't think people deserve to publicly voice their opinions and choices?
Something tells me you've never worked a day in your life, what with your immense self-entitlement issues.

"Give me more, give me more! I deserve everything free!"

Tell me, where in the TOS does it state you'll receive free games as a part of your Live service? Nowhere? Hmm... The irony is, had they never offered you any free video games to begin with, you wouldn't be whining at all. Now that they offer up a few, suddenly you deserve everything. Grow up. If someone gives you a gift, shut your mouth and take it.

Something tells me you've never worked a day in your life, what with your immense self-entitlement issues.

Tell me, where in the TOS does it state you'll receive free games as a part of your Live service? Nowhere? Hmm... The irony is, had they never offered you any free video games to begin with, you wouldn't be whining at all. Now that they offer up a few, suddenly you deserve everything. Grow up. If someone gives you a gift, shut your mouth and take it.
Comparing what is being offered to the competition =/= self entitlement. The moment PS+ started giving away games Microsoft should of reacted. They didn't. Now it's just one of the many reasons Xbox One is going to be in last place next generation

You are either a immense microsoft fanboy that doesn't understand competition or a troll.

Jesus man, are you serious? Has nothing to do with "Terms of Service". Nobody is suggesting they are entitled to anything legally, or based on Terms of Service..

However, they market something "Gold Members are getting 2 retail games per month between certain dates X and Y" there is a certain level of anticipation. Nobody expects new games out of this. However I think it's fair to say that the games they have actually included are AS DISAPPOINTING AS POSSIBLE based on what was suggested for Games for Gold. Basically they have not even met a basic level of expectation for their program.

There will be complainers about everything, sure. There are plenty of people who complain about the selection on PSN+. However this is a far cry from that, it's basically a joke. The "approval rating" for Games for Gold is probably very, very low. So much that not only is it a waste of time for everyone, it's probably actually anti-marketing a Gold membership. (i.e. making more existing users "aloof" or angry, than it is drawing in more new users).

Nice try, MS exec.

Your analogy makes no sense since you don't pay for free samples at the grocery store. Games for Gold is one of the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, a $60/year service.
Not to mention the fact that MS hyped this promotion big time....and it's been underwhelming...free or not, it's not much to be excited about (yeah a game I bought 3 years ago and sold because I realized I would NEVER play it and never did)....

Wow. Apparently you've never been involved with upper management for companies because the competition (sony) is starting to make up a lot of ground on microsoft and they really need to put in a better effort to stay at the top. This isn't about entitlement...it's the simple fact that another company is offering more to use their services and many will choose that option. This isn't hard to understand....phone company offers better services and phones at a cheaper price so people will switch.

bread's done
Back