* * * * * 2 votes

Preorder GTA V from Dell and get a $25 eGift card.

#1 TurboNerd   I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me! CAGiversary!   1988 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

XBOX 360 Version

PS3 Version (Credit and thanks to chelosera91 for the link and heads-up)

Choose 1-day shipping at checkout for free shipping. (Credit and thanks to srac84 for the tip)

#2 chelosera91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chelosera91

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

http://accessories.u...19&sku=A7029083

PS3 version. It also has next day shipping for free.

#3 shady520   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

nevermind beaten to it

#4 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

There's a 90 day expiration on the gift card, FYI. 

#5 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10774 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

If I was not using trade credit already I would be all over this.

#6 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hmm.

If they sold Xbox or PSN cards I'd be all over this for sure. But they don't (or at least I can't find them).

The problem with Dell's offer, is I'm not sure what I'd use the $25 card on. 

#7 srac84  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Thanks OP purchased this.. figured I was gonna do the Toys r us offer.. and get one of the 19.99 games and sell it.. to get some of my money back but I don't really know what will be in stock.. also some talk in the toys r us forum was that tues 10 dollar gift card was YMMV.. so I figured its a 25 gift card from dell which I can use to buy puppeteer or kingdom hearts 1.5 hd remix or one of the ps4 games when they come out. 90 days isn't that bad still covers black friday, which I'm sure they will have some deals by then :).

#8 srac84  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

oh yeah don't forget to choose 1 day shipping at checkout since its free :D

#9 wigglesizking   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

wigglesizking

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

oh yeah don't forget to choose 1 day shipping at checkout since its free :D

Just curious are you getting it tomorrow? If so I might cancel my Microsoft one and move to this if I can use the e-Gift Card in places other then Dell Store.

#10 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Just curious are you getting it tomorrow? If so I might cancel my Microsoft one and move to this if I can use the e-Gift Card in places other then Dell Store.

Is this possible?

I'm about to order and the only holdup is that the $25 is at the dell store.  :whee:  I'm a little worried that this $25 might really only have about $10 in "value" if forced to use through Dell. 

The next day shipping is a perk, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm more interested in the $25. 

#11 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm glad I seen this because i had like $200 in dell gift cards to burn before the 25th of this month, yay!

#12 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2142 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't even know what I would spend the $25 on over the next 90 days.  Everything I see is at MSRP.  Heck, back when Microcenter had those amazing TIVs, I traded some stuff to them, and I still have an unspent gift card there....

#13 wigglesizking   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

wigglesizking

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Is this possible?

I'm about to order and the only holdup is that the $25 is at the dell store.  :whee:  I'm a little worried that this $25 might really only have about $10 in "value" if forced to use through Dell. 

The next day shipping is a perk, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm more interested in the $25. 

I put "IF I can use" I read the fine print and it doesn't clarify whether if we get a Gift Card to use any where online (like amazon) or if it's just for the Dell store. That's why I'm a little iffy on jumping boat that quickly.

#14 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

I got a Samsung 50 inch Plasma for $600 that came with a $300 promo egift card (and also came with x2 $75 promo gift cards from buying $600 in dell gift cards initally.)   https://dell.cashsta.../gift-card/buy/

I then used that $300 promo egift card to get a Samsung 32 inch LED TV that came with a $125 dollar promo egift card. Now im using that $125 gift card (+ my last $75 promo egift card) to preorder 3 copies of GTA V, that comes with x3 $25 dollar promo gift cards.

So for $600 initial cost I got a $600 50 inch plasma, a $300 32 inch led, a $75 gaming mouse x3 copies of GTA V and still have $75 epromo bucks to spend with dell

edit: Thanks Dell.com =)

#15 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

I put "IF I can use" I read the fine print and it doesn't clarify whether if we get a Gift Card to use any where online (like amazon) or if it's just for the Dell store. That's why I'm a little iffy on jumping boat that quickly.

Oh. Well it says Dell e-gift card that arrives in 10-20 days. So I expect no chance of a Visa card or anything like that if that's what you meant. I couldn't even find a PSN or Xbox Live card, and a PSN card is what I'd really want at this point (since I have a ton of MS points, and $0 in my PSN wallet)

In the end I took a shot and went with this Dell promo for the PS3 version. Esp with the next day shipping (although right now it says expected delivery 9/19 which is 2 days if it shipped tomorrow - but I'm ok with that) Like I said I don't really need any more Microsoft points, and I doubt my Toys-R-Us will even have a clue (or any inventory of Rockstar games).

I'm a little worried about what I spend the $25 on, but at least it's good through the end of the year. Hopefully they try to have a few gaming deals for the holidays. I'm pretty sure they have in the past. Anything decent will stretch that $25 out just a bit further. 

#16 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

I got a Samsung 50 inch Plasma for $600 that came with a $300 promo egift card (and also came with x2 $75 promo gift cards from buying $600 in dell gift cards initally.)   https://dell.cashsta.../gift-card/buy/

I then used that $300 promo egift card to get a Samsung 32 inch LED TV that came with a $125 dollar promo egift card. Now im using that $125 gift card (+ my last $75 promo egift card) to preorder 3 copies of GTA V, that comes with x3 $25 dollar promo gift cards.

So for $600 initial cost I got a $600 50 inch plasma, a $300 32 inch led, a $75 gaming mouse x3 copies of GTA V and still have $75 epromo bucks to spend with dell

edit: Thanks Dell.com =)

Shit that's actually awesome.

#17 srac84  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

It actually says the dell e gift card will be "emailed" to you. And for whoever asked the package was mailed by fedex express. According to the tracking number I should be receiving it tomorrow so it is release date delivery :). I don't understand why ppl are saying this is a bad deal?.. It's better than all the other deals and Dell does sell other video games as well.. Most ppl are buying this day 1..so a 25 dollar gift card is a great deal!

#18 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

Yea, also just a note to people about Dell "PROMO" egift cards. These things normally expire in 90 days. (And yes they can do this because of the way the word the shit even if your state doesn't allow gift cards to expire, these are "promo egift cards" (which apparently arn't the same thing.)

They typically email you the promo gift card 10 days after item has been delivered (my $300 promo card was mailed and it was a physical card for whatever reason.)

And Dell.com does put a restriction on how many gift cards you can use at check out. You can only use 3 types of payment on any one order (so maximum number of promo gift cards you can use at checkout is x3 and it must cover the entire purchase price.)  Also keep in mind in order to use 3 gift cards at checkout you must place the order via live chat or thru the phone, that's the only way I have found to pay with 3 gift cards.

Figured I would drop my knowledge of the Dell.com promo gift cards here for you guys.

(Also quick note if you buy gift cards via this link:

https://dell.cashsta.../gift-card/buy/

Those kind of gift cards you buy with cash will NOT expire, and you can also consolidate them via the website (turn x2 $400 gift cards into one $800 gift card.) Only gift cards that expire are any of the ones that say "PROMO egift card.")

#19 BetterToGive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

BetterToGive

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

Anyone know when this deal will expire?  Think it will run the week?

#20 srac84  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Anyone know when this deal will expire? Think it will run the week?

Maybe but it seems next day free delivery is only available for preorders..plus its now on the front page of slickdeals so who knows how long it will last

#21 rly723   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

i just ordered right now for ps3 version, deal still seems valid. i wouldve done toys r us, but the closest one is 1 hour round trip too much of a hassle. i havent bought something from dell in 2 yrs so using my dell preferred payment plan is  convenient

#22 ryansebiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ryansebiz

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

I want to go with this deal but can't find anything else on Dell.com that I want.

What do you guys plan on using your $25 promo code on?

#23 chelosera91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chelosera91

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

I want to go with this deal but can't find anything else on Dell.com that I want.

What do you guys plan on using your $25 promo code on?

I'm thinking Fifa 14 next week. Hopefully they have a deal on that too lol

#24 chelosera91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chelosera91

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I placed one order on the 17th and it got cancelled. I placed another order the 18th and it did too! This sucks. Anyone's order get cancelled?

#25 Little_BombA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Little_BombA

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

my order is no cancelled,my game is coming monday or tuesday 

#26 srac84  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Mine didnt get cancelled and i got it the next day on the 18th but i still haven't received the gift card, has anyone else received it yet? Thanks.

#27 Fatal_   Dango Daikazoku! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Mine didnt get cancelled and i got it the next day on the 18th but i still haven't received the gift card, has anyone else received it yet? Thanks.

It says the gift card will arrive between 10-20 days via email. So looks like you should get it next week or so.

#28 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2055 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

My game arrived on Friday, no gift card yet (expected soon).  Gift cards I have gotten in the past typically do take a couple weeks to appear, just be sure you don't delete the email thinking it is just normal Dell spam!  I used a previous gift cert. on ordering it, and I almost missed that when they came in from a previous bonus.

#29 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Still haven't received the gift card.

Anyone else?  Guess I"m going to try contacting them today.

#30 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2055 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Still haven't received the gift card.

Anyone else?  Guess I"m going to try contacting them today.

Nope, haven't gotten mine either.  I was trying to be patient, but I sent off my second inquiry today.  Finally got a response over email:

Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care. I apologize for the delay in response to your e-mail.
In regards to your recent order # xxxxxxxxxxx, I am sorry to inform that this order does not include a $25 gift certificate. I apologize for any miscommunication.

Thank you for your time and support. Have a pleasant day.

Just for reference the item on my invoice, the order page and the original web page is:

Pre Order Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 Available September 17 2013 with $25 PROMO eGift Card

Not sure about you guys, but that seems pretty freaking cut and dried.  I ordered the week before it came out.  If anyone hasn't received it yet, you definitely want to contact them and be prepared for the run around.  I've been bounced around a couple times by their chat support and my first inquiry was completely ignored.