When will GTA V be added to Games on Demand?

VWKILLER0

CAGiversary!
anybody heard anything as to when this will happen?  Seem really ignorant on M$'s part to not add this on day 1 unless Sony has some day 1 exclusive deal im unaware of

patiently await for it to show up on the marketplace...or whatever there calling it these days...

guess i should have just bought $60.00 in psn cards...lulz!!!

Has MS ever had day 1 GoD? I didn't think they had. I don't know why they don't. I always thought it was a business decision. For some reason they think they make more money that way? Maybe they do....

Has MS ever had day 1 GoD? I didn't think they had. I don't know why they don't. I always thought it was a business decision. For some reason they think they make more money that way? Maybe they do....
nba 2k13 was a day 1 digital...and there has been a couple others from what ive read online elsewhere....i guess ill be getting it for the ps3 then..

The game is designed to be streamed from two sources, most commonly the hard drive and the DVD drive. I heard the PS3 digital version has problems because of this. So I imagine that a digital version on Xbox 360 would have the same problem unless they redesign how this works, but that's just my speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a troll post to bash the xbox version, to be honest. Especially with the "lulz!!!!" comment.

Although there have been day one downloads for new games on the demand marketplace, I knew GTA V wouldn't be one. It's such a huge game that it will probably be a few months (maybe much closer to holiday season) before they put it on demand. It may even be longer, nobody really knows.

Never understood why games took so long to go on demand. If they are the same price as the disc I don't see how It's pissing in the retailers cheerios.

At least a lot more games are coming quicker. Most of the recent releases like Saints Row, DOA, Lost Planet, Killer is Dead and Madden game to Games on Demand in less then 2 weeks. I'm assuming Splinter Cell is next.

MS has said that next gen all games will be day one download. While It's yet to be seen, It will be a big step up. Hell even Nintendo is doing early releases on digital (Wind Waker is days ahead of retail release) and some of their first party titles on day one (Wonderful 101 comes to mind).

Instead of anymore speculation, here's an actual quote from Rockstar

"For those asking about digital pre-orders on Xbox LIVE, the Xbox 360 Games on Demand service does not offer the ability to pre-order games or make them available on launch day. That being said, we will be making GTAV available via Games on Demand as soon as it's technically feasible and permitted by Microsoft."
Source: http://www.complex.com/video-games/2013/08/grand-theft-auto-xbox-live

The game is designed to be streamed from two sources, most commonly the hard drive and the DVD drive. I heard the PS3 digital version has problems because of this. So I imagine that a digital version on Xbox 360 would have the same problem unless they redesign how this works, but that's just my speculation.
This is what I came here to say. It's fine if you're dying for the digital version on 360 but really, this game is pushing both the PS3 and 360 to their limits and as the PS3 digital version demonstrates, it's designed to run off both the HDD and disc. Why not buy the disc version?

Then again, you did say, "M$" so I'm pretty sure you were never actually planning to get the game on 360 and just like to cheerlead one corporation (that doesn't give a fuck about you) over another to make yourself feel better.

bread's done
Back