- - - - -

This is the NHL 2013-2014 Thread!

#31 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

True, but I still think they should give them. Hell you're paying enough for it.
Posted Image

#32 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9411 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yeah there's a web site for it. I just love how game center says you can see ALL the games you want...

I'm glad I didn't pay for that fuckin bullshit... Never will.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#33 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   14165 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

Pekka Rinne and Jonathan Quick both were on top of their game tonight. Luckily, the Kings pulled it out in the shootout and won the game 2-1.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#34 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Any one know of a site that offers CHL games to watch?  With the St. Louis area getting a team I would like to see some of the games from time to time.

Posted Image

#35 Access_Denied   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2834 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Access_Denied

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

So I just moved to Indianapolis from Chicago a few months ago, and I finally got my own place this week. I don't want or need cable, just the internet. I am, however, looking for a way to watch the Hawk's games. Is there any way I can get the Hawk's games without breaking the bank (either streaming or through a cable/satellite provider)? I've never had cable or really been a sports fan, so it's hard to sift through all of the bullshit packages that Comcast is trying to scam me into.

#36 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4621 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

Quick has been shit I think. Just a fluke one year, Same with Thomas and it seems like the Panthers might be having a fire sale soon.

Also love how much of a little bitch Iginlia was being to Gudas. 

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#37 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5824 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

That 5th goal the Blackhawks "scored" had to have been the stupidest play I've ever seen in a hockey game.  Matt Carle essentially took a slap shot from the blue line to pass the puck back to his other defenseman and he hit the puck so hard it deflected off him and went in the net. There was literally no one near either guy

Formerly known as slickkill77

#38 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15200 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

The Preds are on a nice little streak 5-1-1 in their last 7. I'm hopeful it means the team is starting to gel a little better. It still makes me nervous when the defensemen are scoring a good amount of the goals, but I guess it at least means they've been moving the puck well. Weber seems to be turning it on (finally) and Seth Jones got his first GWG the other night. It's probably not a coincidence that they got Stalberg back from injury during this stretch as well.

#39 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Caps won tonight, so that's good I guess.  They're starting this season out a bit better, despite it being a longer one.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#40 jello44   Hey hey CAGiversary!   1552 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

I wonder if the Flyers will score more than 2 goals tonight.......

72768.png

#41 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I have to say I'm surprised in Nashville.  I keep expecting more out of them.  It's nice to see someone scoring goals now for St. Louis.  Steen keeps this up and he might get 50 in 50.  Only player to have 10 goals right now is Ovechkin and that's with 11 games.  Steen has done that in 9.  This Central Division is going to be a tough one this year.

Posted Image

#42 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Does anyone have the link to the blog that was posted during last years lockout? Its the one from the unknown player. I was telling a coworker about it and now I can't find it.
Posted Image

#43 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5824 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

http://thebarnstorme...-throat/page/5/

This what you're talking about?

#44 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yes it is thank you.
Posted Image

#45 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4621 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

I still wish I knew who it was

On a sidenote, I'm now a believer, slickkill , that Bishop will be our best bet. Lindback will always be second string. 

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#46 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

I thought at one time it was narrowed down to a player on a Canadian team.  I saw that it is out as an ebook now.  

Posted Image

#47 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5824 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

I still wish I knew who it was

On a sidenote, I'm now a believer, slickkill , that Bishop will be our best bet. Lindback will always be second string. 

Yea it's still a shame that Bishop missed the Penguins game with an injury. I feel like we would have won that game. The Lightning have to figure out the Bruins and the Devils though. I don't know what it is about the Devils but the Lightning just fold like wet paper against them. The thing that amazes me the most about this team is the fact that they can go a whole period without a shot and yet they are still one of the top offensive teams. Hopefully Druin is the real deal next year. Seth Jones is doing really well in Nashville

The NHL's schedule is so wacky this year. The Lightning played a game last Saturday. Then they didn't have a game until this Thursday.Then they play Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. 

#48 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15200 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

It's crazy that with losing Detroit and Columbus, and gaining Winnipeg (and having 2 fewer teams), the Western Conference is still incredibly beastly right now. They have 10 teams with 18 or more points. The Eastern Conference has 6 teams with 18 or more points. 18 points would get you 2nd place in the Metrosexual division, lol. :lol:

#49 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Isn't the win loss record for Western Conference and Eastern Conference in favor of the west?  Last I had heard was the west has beat the east in most of the games played against.  Also last I looked the east had more teams close to the bottom of the list with only 4 or 5 wins.  Doesn't look like a good year for the east.  However only 14 to 17? games into the season so anything can change.

Posted Image

#50 n8rockerasu   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   15200 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

n8rockerasu

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

Isn't the win loss record for Western Conference and Eastern Conference in favor of the west?  Last I had heard was the west has beat the east in most of the games played against.  Also last I looked the east had more teams close to the bottom of the list with only 4 or 5 wins.  Doesn't look like a good year for the east.  However only 14 to 17? games into the season so anything can change.

Definitely true. But I think the West is no joke this year. The Preds have actually been on a good run lately (6-2-2 in their last 10)...and they're STILL tied for next to last place in the Central with Dallas. There are 4 teams in the Pacific division alone with 24 or more points...which would be 1st place in either of the Eastern divisions. It's early, for sure...but the onus is really on Western teams to keep pace if they want any shot at a playoff spot.

#51 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

What is sad is that some lines on Western Conference teams have almost the same number of goals as some teams in the east.  That says a lot about the west.  I wouldn't be surprised if the cup stays in the west this year.

Posted Image

#52 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5824 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

The important thing in all of this? The Lightning are 5-0 against the West. They've taken down Chicago twice, St Louis, the Kings and...the Oilers. The East pretty much consists of the Lightning, Penguins, Bruins, Toronto and Detroit. The pacific division is pretty insane as far as standings go

#53 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5824 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

Good win for the Lightning tonight against the Red Wings. Huge turning point of the game was the 5 on 3 the wings had for almost a minute and then another 3 minutes worth of penalties the Lightning had to fight off. They immediately scored after killing off both penalties

#54 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5824 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Lightnings season is over. Stamkos hurt his leg really badly in todays game against Boston. Looks like he broke something or tore something in his leg. Such a shame. The season was going so well and he was on his way to an MVP.

A few minutes later the collapse begins. Game was tied 0-0 in the 2nd and in a matter of 20 seconds the Lightning have given up 2 goals.

Broken Tibia. Season over for both the Lightning and Stammer

#55 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

After reading about it and seeing the hit it really sucks.  Lightning were off to a good start and Stamkos was off to a hell of a start being tied for points and goals.  I really hate to see this.  Hopefully the Lightning can recover.

Posted Image

#56 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4621 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

3 to 6 months. The real test will be Anaheim. Boston is always hard to beat. However, ever since Stammer took the slapshot to the face, he was won the Boston fans. It was sad trying to see him get up and skate off the ice and just falling back down. At least the Boston fans gave him a standing ovation.

For the Lightning to keep it together, Marty has to rally the team more and teach the AHL kids, oh and keep Lindback out of net! 

Vulcan7905.png

#57 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9411 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

Broken Tibia. Season over for both the Lightning and Stammer

That sucks. :(

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#58 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4621 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Vulcan2422

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

Once again, Lightning beat the Ducks 5-1. Lightning is just killing the west and Filppua is just awesome. 

Vulcan7905.png

#59 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5077 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

The Lightning are looking really good this year.  They are 7 for 7 with a regular season sweep on Chicago.  Hell they are leading their division and the east in points.  I really do hope they continue to do well without Stamkos.  However that being said they really don't have to worry about the west will the final round for the Stanley Cup.  Sure it will bring in some momentum knowing they wont all the games they had against the west or won a good number of them, however that can also go the other way and they could end up being cocky about it and it end up costing them.  Also 3 out of the 5 loses they have are thanks to Boston.  When playoffs come it will be the east they will have to play before the west.  I'm sure with the way they are playing they will make the playoffs if they keep it up and may even make it into round 2 or even 3.  Hell they could even win the cup.  Normally I wouldn't be saying that, but we are for the most part 1/4 of the way into the season as the most games played as of right now is 21 and the least amount of games played being 17.  Again anything can change, but as long as they stay consistent Tampa Bay shouldn't have an issue making the playoffs.

Now for the Blues it's a different story.  The central division is so close right now with Chicago at 30 points, Colorado at 28, St. Louis at 27 and Minnesota at 26.  Sure St. Louis is 1 to 2 games behind the rest, but still those 4 teams are really close to each other and the bottom 2 in points seem to bounce in and out of the 3rd spot to the wild card.  The central is so close to each other I'm a little worried.  Sure they are only 17 games in and only about a fourth of the season has been played.  If they stay consistent then they will bounce around from the 3rd spot to a wild card and have me biting my nails all season long.  I'm actually surprised they won last night against Colorado.  I'm even more surprised it was 7-3.  Every win for these 4 teams are going to be big wins and every loss a big won being so close to each other.  

The Pacific is just as close as the central.  Top 5 teams are sitting at 31, 29, 29, 25 and 25.  It could be because I live in the St. Louis area and all I really see are the west coast games, but I think the west is just going to be the division where if you can't get to the to top early good luck.  

As for last night it was a big win getting them two points and keeping Colorado at only 28.  Nice night for Steen as he picked 2 goals putting him at 16 for the season in just 17 games and now is also tied with Crosby for points at 24.  He seems to be off to a hell of a season and I hope he keeps it up.  It is nice to see a Blue that is still wearing the note at the top of the list.  I'm still surprised they won 7-3 and 4 goals were picked up in the 2nd.  They usually don't do well in the second.  The announcers for St. Louis have been from time to time talking about how Sobotka was doing MMA training in the off season, I think he forgot he was playing hockey when fighting Matt Duchene. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wYihxCYVls0.  As for the fight with Stewart and Sarich that was just bullshit.  You can tell Sarich wasn't trying to fight and didn't even seem to want one to begin with, and the celebration by Stewart at the end to me was just disrespectful.  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SQPr2A_u6i8 Your team is up 5 to 1, you have no need to start a fight and wave your arms around to get the fans going.  If it was the other way around and Colorado was up 5 to 1 then it would be different.  

Posted Image

#60 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5824 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

The Lightning need to make their push in 2-3 years while we still have St Louis. Depending on how the team finishes this year, the recovery of Stamkos and the development of Drouin they could be a really good team next year. Hopefully Bishop keeps rolling too