Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection $25 @ Frys

Very tempting - but since I wouldn't play it anytime soon anyway, I'm willing to gamble that it will be this price or lower come BF.  Thanks anyway OP!  

I bit at $25 :whistle2:( Shipping and tax came out to about $30... not bad... Never played or owned PW at all. Heard it is pretty good... Can't wait to get it now :whistle2:D

I added mine to the cart and checked out a while ago. The price on the item description doesn't show the sale price. Wonder why yours now says 49.99 when checking out :whistle2:/
Oh! I didn't know you had to add it to the cart! It said $25 when I did and I jumped on it. Thanks again!

Metal Gear Solid 1 and VR Missions are just dlc codes, 4 is a separate disc, and everything else is contained on another disc.  So it looks like it's a repackaged Metal Gear Solid 4 plus the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and the only extras are a couple of digital graphics novels and artbook.   Personally don't think that alone is worth $25, assuming you already own the games, though I don't see the VR Missions being sold separately on psn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, this is tempting... but not sure if I should. It seems like games these days are getting re-released in collections/bundles all the time. 

I already own the HD collection but I'm a huge MGS fan...anyone think this is worth it for someone who owns the HD collection? Do the bonuses warrant a purchase?

I already own the HD collection but I'm a huge MGS fan...anyone think this is worth it for someone who owns the HD collection? Do the bonuses warrant a purchase?
I think all the extras the HD collection didn't have are download vouchers, this was one of the reasons that deterred me away from this.

Denied by BB phone rep (originally said it wasn't eligible for price match because it's not a "Low Price Guarantee" item - WTF?). I asked her to check further, and that's when we both realized its in-store only. Boo!

Tried my luck at the closest BB store. Cashier and Manager were also busy on the phones, and weren't very thorough. Walked out with my $25 copy, paid all in credit. Free games!!

I think all the extras the HD collection didn't have are download vouchers, this was one of the reasons that deterred me away from this.
This is not true, the MGS 1 and VR missions are download vouchers, and the additional comics, are on the disc with Peace walker, MGS 2 and 3. There is a small artbook that comes with the collection too. Not much in addition to the hd collection but what I ended up doing was selling my hd collection and MGS 4 to offset the cost of this collection. This is a great deal here, even if you do get it for $30.

I'd price match at Best Buy but I live in NYC, far away from any Frys.

Edit: Never mind, I managed to price match it over the phone. I'm picking up my copy tonight. The Legacy Collection is definitely worth it at this price.

Bah, I told myself that because I have MGS4 and the HD collection (but never played a Metal Gear game...ever), I just wouldn't bother with this.  But at this price, and probably getting a few bucks back on the stuff I already have....maybe?

price match at BB, woohoo!!!!!!

Now the only question is what am I gonna do with Metal Gear Solid collection?

Trade it in when you go to get the game? Then use it on the new version.

I was thinking of doing it but I already have the HD collection and MGS4 as well as MGS on PS1 physical copy.

So i'd be spending money on double dip when the only thing I'm missing is the VR missions. Which I used to own as a kid and already played and beat it.

how much will

I was thinking of doing it but I already have the HD collection and MGS4 as well as MGS on PS1 physical copy.

So i'd be spending money on double dip when the only thing I'm missing is the VR missions. Which I used to own as a kid and already played and beat it.

how much will BB give me? My copy is still in shrink wrap (new).....

Maybe I should go to Walmart and return it ? :p

tried over the phone with a CS rep. I live in NJ they can't match because of stipulations (in store only and limited quantity). Also rep asked how far was a frys from where i live, fuck that noise. I'll try in-store tomorrow.

PM it at BBY but they check to see if Frys has it in stock.  Could wait for a price drop on amazon but it could get damage during shipping.

Well that about sums it up from me too.

Damn, my BB didn't have any in stock.
Weird. Last time I went, the website said they have it in stock, but I couldn't find anything so I left.

Now I went again because same story and same luck, but this time I asked a guy walking by and he went somewhere else(no idea where) opposite far from the gaming section, and when he got back he had the game in a special case(anti-theft case I guess).

I PMed it very easily. Cashier just looked at frys.com and that was it.No questions asked.

They don't PM a store if it is out of stock, or on clearance, so what's your point?
It's because the policy says they won't PM if it's OoS, but they easily PM frys as long as they see they have in stock. It doesn't matter if there's no frys in your area. That's HIS point.

Denied by BB phone rep (originally said it wasn't eligible for price match because it's not a "Low Price Guarantee" item - WTF?). I asked her to check further, and that's when we both realized its in-store only. Boo!

Tried my luck at the closest BB store. Cashier and Manager were also busy on the phones, and weren't very thorough. Walked out with my $25 copy, paid all in credit. Free games!!
I called them up today and got denied too. I thought everything in their store was eligible and didnt realize that only designated items were PM-able. Anyways, I did like you and drove to my B/M store and got it with no problems. Weird thing is I paid with a $25 certificate and wasnt charged tax on it. Came out with a free copy

if I put it on store pickup, how long do I have to get it?

I have a Frys on the way to my parent's place that has this in stock, but I wont be headed out that way until Saturday.

It's because the policy says they won't PM if it's OoS, but they easily PM frys as long as they see they have in stock. It doesn't matter if there's no frys in your area. That's HIS point.
But what does that matter when the item in the title of thread is out of stock and a clearance item?

bread's done
Back