* - - - - 1 votes

Wii U Pro Controller U **NEW** (3rd party accessory) @ Amazon $11.48

Wii Pro Controller

#1 biggie2123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

biggie2123

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

According to Camel^3, these are near the lowest it has ever been. Seems like a good price to finally try one out.

Pro Controller U

Edit: I guess I should have mentioned that these are the 3rd Party InterWorks controller and not the official Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller.

#2 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11316 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Arent these things pretty shit? I remember all the hype around launch, then crappy reviews

I mean 11$ aint bad, but I dont want a controller that will break in a month. Especially since the Pro U's are dropping slowly

#3 TTN  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Do NOT purchase that.  Its a Wii accessory designed to trick Wii U owners with the look.

It only functions as a wiimote or a wiimote+classic controller and its poor quality even in those categories.

It does NOT work as a Wii U pro controller. Its pretty though.

#4 sliknik27   Lost in the Woods CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

That thing is hideous. No thank you.

#5 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Id avoid buying 3rd party products in general, especially for Nintendo products. Nintendo has some of the best first party products and 3rd parties fail to match em.

#6 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Do NOT purchase that.  Its a Wii accessory designed to trick Wii U owners with the look.

It only functions as a wiimote or a wiimote+classic controller and its poor quality even in those categories.

It does NOT work as a Wii U pro controller. Its pretty though.

This.

It's not a WiiU Pro Controller at all, so you won't be able to play Wind Waker, ZombiU multiplayer, etc.

I guess it might be a good substitute for a Classic Controller for your original Wii, since it's completely wireless (no need to attach to a Wii remote) but the build quality is probably crap (reviews kinda say this).

#7 loomis1975   Cell Block CAG CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

loomis1975

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Build quality is kinda crappy on mine, but if you want a wireless solution that isn't a Classic attached to a Wii-mote for your Wii U, I'd take a chance at the really low price.  I've only used it a few times and it has worked fine, but its not enjoyable to use it as a Wii-mote (maybe just long enough to get you into the Wii menu on the Wii U and get the game started).

#8 biggie2123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

biggie2123

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Build quality is kinda crappy on mine, but if you want a wireless solution that isn't a Classic attached to a Wii-mote for your Wii U, I'd take a chance at the really low price.  I've only used it a few times and it has worked fine, but its not enjoyable to use it as a Wii-mote (maybe just long enough to get you into the Wii menu on the Wii U and get the game started).

This is mostly why I want to try it. It seems it would be perfect for Wii games. That way, I don't have to buy another Wii mote which run at least $30.

#9 PAULINK   Woah, I can edit this? CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Here's a review. Usability is bad, don't fall for the cheap price.

edit*** posted teh wrong one. Here is the one that doesn't sound like a shill.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, Pro, Controller