Gamestop Blast From the Past console bundles. wii and 360

artimus_black

CAGiversary!
XBox 360 20gb refurbished console (114.99)  

Modern Warfare 3

Mass Effect 2

Gears of War 3

Homefront

Halo Reach

Splinter Cell Conviction

20gb hd

1 controller

http://www.gamestop....HTLIoQYJZO4cbPA

Wii refurbished console (79.99)

Disney Epic Mickey

Wii Sports

Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga

Nerf-n-Strike

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Wii Play

1 remote

1 nunchuk

1 av cable

1 ac cable

1 sensor

http://www.gamestop....V7q9J1Y7ccHgQKw

Besides Homefront, that bundle for the 360 is excellent. Too bad the console will most likely give you RROD eventually.

Besides Homefront, that bundle for the 360 is excellent. Too bad the console will most likely give you RROD eventually.
Homefront wasn't a bad game. Just short and not a lot of people online.

Do the links in the OP redirect you to this thread again or is it just me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was going to post the game bundles too but figured everyone would see them on the site. This is really for people new to xbox on the console bundles. Or an extra console

I thought this bundle was mighty generous of Gamestop and then I remembered a complete Wii trade in was a paltry $17.  Looking at Craigslist, people still believe the console to sell for $100.

If I weren't in the market for a used Wii U I'd consider that Wii bundle. It's not actually that bad. Kid-centric, sure, but hey. $80 for that isn't bad.

What's the deal with the links looping back to this thread?

wii deal seems fine if mediocre i wouldnt touch a 360 that old though
These are refurbs. They go through a bit of effort to make sure they won't RROD before flipping them. I know of a number of GS bought refurbs that haven't had any problems at all.

I might buy 2 more so I can have my Forza setup without needing to move/borrow both my 360 and my wife's.

Just so you know, you people are much better of going to eBay for bundles. These prices are fair at best. Gamestop's MSRPs are well above average to begin with, so a "sale" isn't always a sale. A complete Wii on eBay is like $45, not $80, or whatever the hell Gamestop sells them for...

you can get homefront for $4 currently at gamestop. It's a decent game just hard. Also I haven't seen a 20gb xbox that didn't rrod. I barely played mine because of it and it still ended up rrod. I only have like 6000 game points after owning the system for 3 years

Just so you know, you people are much better of going to eBay for bundles. These prices are fair at best. Gamestop's MSRPs are well above average to begin with, so a "sale" isn't always a sale. A complete Wii on eBay is like $45, not $80, or whatever the hell Gamestop sells them for...
The plus side of these bundles vs ebay, is being able to go directly to a B&M location and swap out possible disc-only/scratched copies of the games, or even the console itself I suppose. Don't have to deal with return shipping necessarily, or file any claims.

Gamestop's return policys are the only thing that keep me going back these day anyhow.

Picked up the XBox 360 deal for my 9-year-old son.  The Gamestop closest to me was actually selling the deal in-store (they basically buy it through the online store for you, but they cover the shipping). 

The good news is, when I told them it was for my young son, they said I could trade in the six M-rated games for E-rated games.  YMMV, but they said any manager would Ok the trade.

Picked up the XBox 360 deal for my 9-year-old son. The Gamestop closest to me was actually selling the deal in-store (they basically buy it through the online store for you, but they cover the shipping).

The good news is, when I told them it was for my young son, they said I could trade in the six M-rated games for E-rated games. YMMV, but they said any manager would Ok the trade.
For as much flack as we all like to give Gamestop, this is worth repeating. That's awesome to hear them do.

That's one of the things I can applaud Nintendo on. At least if you buy a preowned older model of a system, you know it's most likely going to work. Buy an old 360? RROD is a big problem. Buy an old PS2? Disc Read Errors.

Buy an old NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, or Wii? Outside of maybe needing a new pin connector for the NES, rock solid.

The Wii bundle seems mediocre though when Cowboom has grade 5 Wiis up for $40 right now. And probably will stay that way, or lower in price as time goes on, since there's 100 million Wiis worldwide in circulation. 

so many people hatin' on the old xbox's. if its the super early ones without hdmi then they'll last as long as a ps3. i have one thats non-hdmi and its still going strong although i cant help but think everytime i play it its going to die, its like driving a ford. But the reason is the first batch used lead solder so it holds better than the later ones that have the RRoD.

bread's done
Back