TRU Select Games 2 for $20 PS3/360

Some really good deals to be had there.  If I didn't already own them, there are a half dozen I couldn't pass up at that price.

Man, that's a really bad selection of games.

Edit:

What are you people seeing? Everything that's even worth acknowledging has either been $10 or less already. Hell, RE6 is $10 on Newegg now, and The Darkness 2 is $7.50 on Newegg right now. This sale blows... Their prices are so outdated. On sale practically everything on this list is below $10. Dead Island GOTY was just like $8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.  There's some really good stuff there.  I wish I didn't already own pretty much everything I would want.  I can't believe Minecraft is included.

You may want to check again. There's a lot of good stuff in there. Sure there's some losers or stuff that's older, but there are some excellent deals for good, newer stuff like Minecraft, Borderlands 2, Hitman: Absolution, etc.

I got:

Demons Souls

Ico/SotC collection

Final Fantasy 13-2

MK Komplete

Soul Calibur 5

Soul Calibur 4 (just cause)

Wish they had No More Heroes and Shadows of the Damned in stock ><

Edit:

What are you people seeing? Everything that's even worth acknowledging has either been $10 or less already. Hell, RE6 is $10 on Newegg now, and The Darkness 2 is $7.50 on Newegg right now. This sale blows... Their prices are so outdated. On sale practically everything on this list is below $10. Dead Island GOTY was just like $8.

Sorry, but you're crazy. There are plenty of great deals there.

Sorry, but you're crazy. There are plenty of great deals there.
I didn't see anything worthwhile for PS3 that I hadn't already gotten elsewhere for cheaper or was out of stock. So I am going to agree with him but maybe Xbox is better as I didn't look

I didn't see anything worthwhile for PS3 that I hadn't already gotten elsewhere for cheaper or was out of stock. So I am going to agree with him but maybe Xbox is better as I didn't look
That's ok, then this deal isn't for you or for him. What you both seem to be missing is that just because some of these games have been as cheap or cheaper before, that doesn't mean that $10 isn't a great deal for the games right now. Not everyone bought the games when you did.

Thanks, OP! I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur :)ps3:) and Sonic Generations :)360:), though I forgot to check if they were eligible for ShopRunner (d'oh!). Oh well, it's not like I need to play those right away. :)

Edit:

There's 103 games for PS3 alone.

It's true large chunk of them are older games, and/or have been around $10 or less without needing to buy a pair of games. But there's stiill some good solid deals in there, maybe even a few games where this is actually a "new low". For example not sure Syndicate + Borderlands 2 could be had for $20 combined before today. There's several good pairs of games I can put together out of this and feel like I got a good deal for $20, can't always say that.

Just because a game has been $10 in the past or even at another store, doesn't mean that it can't be a good deal here. Also for once, shipping doesn't kill the deal for Toys-R-Us.

Edit:

Maybe you're misunderstanding the promotion - it's 2 games for $20 total, not each. If not, what games were you expecting to be on sale, Last of Us for $10, GTA V for $20? There's a great selection of games here from megahits like Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, and Red Dead Redemption to cult hits like Ico/SOTC collection, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Demons Souls. $10 isn't exactly giving it away but most items are still in stock and the majority of the titles are good.

Some great deals here... Considering picking up AC Brotherhood and Revelations even though I haven't started AC2 yet. :lol: I wonder how long these will remain in stock.

There's 103 games for PS3 alone.

It's true large chunk of them are older games, and/or have been around $10 or less without needing to buy a pair of games. But there's stiill some good solid deals in there, maybe even a few games where this is actually a "new low". For example not sure Syndicate + Borderlands 2 could be had for $20 combined before today. There's several good pairs of games I can put together out of this and feel like I got a good deal for $20, can't always say that.

Just because a game has been $10 in the past or even at another store, doesn't mean that it can't be a good deal here. Also for once, shipping doesn't kill the deal for Toys-R-Us.
What's different about TRU shipping this time? Thx

That's ok, then this deal isn't for you or for him. What you both seem to be missing is that just because some of these games have been as cheap or cheaper before, that doesn't mean that $10 isn't a great deal for the games right now. Not everyone bought the games when you did.
But as he pointed out a lot of these games are available for cheaper right now or often. Come on we are cheap asses! There were a few things here and there but like I said not a great sale. Don't take it personally.

Maybe you're misunderstanding the promotion - it's 2 games for $20 total, not each. If not, what games were you expecting to be on sale, Last of Us for $10, GTA V for $20? There's a great selection of games here from megahits like Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, and Red Dead Redemption to cult hits like Ico/SOTC collection, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Demons Souls. $10 isn't exactly giving it away but most items are still in stock and the majority of the titles are good.
Sure, $10 is a decent price if you want it to play right now, but if you're planning on sticking it on the shelf for later, then don't buy, as these don't really qualify as "sale" prices. Their stock prices are well above places like Amazon, which gives the appearance that this is a greater deal than it is. Some of these games, like Otomedius Excellent (whatever the hell that is) are below $10 at normal price.

Again, if you don't want to wait for a sale, jump on this. If you don't mind waiting for a sale, I guarantee everything on this list will be below $10 at some point this year (most of them have been already). I mean, nothing on this list is above $15 at places like Amazon and whatnot. At least, not what I looked at.

By the way people, Minecraft doesn't work with this deal. I saw some people mentioned it, so I figured I'd say.

Edit: Looks like there's one good deal--Dragon Age Ultimate. Why that went back up in price on other sites is beyond me, but if you want it, $10 is a good price. I doubt that'll be seeing any sales, and considering its age, it already bottomed out, and now, for some reason, climbed back up a bit.

Forget it, I guess they only had like two copies available for the sale. :rofl: Way to pull a newegg TRU.

What's different about TRU shipping this time? Thx
It's free if you buy 2 games in the $2 for 20 deal.

Toys-R-Us is a usually a ripoff for shipping, they normally charge for each and every item. Which usually kills any 2 for $20 or 3 for $30 type deals they've had in the past because shipping can reach $7 or $10+ in a hurry and keeps going up with each game you add. That's probably the reason I've literally never ordered anything from Toys-R-Us ever.

I hate you man. Just dropped 60 because of this. Would have dropped 80 but it appears no more heroes and shadows of the damned is OoS. :(
Those were pretty much the only two I wanted : (

Though as others have said, if you have missed out on any of these titles, there are some damn good deals to be had!

Anyone know why $10+$10=$24.58?
I see the free shipping credit but it says subtotal $24.58
mine is fuck up like that too. On my Android tablet I can't buy anything because the touch screen seems to break on ToysRUs fuck website. I try on iphone and every game is $12 dollars a piece before tax so fuck My Life. THANKS THOUGH OP I REALLY WANTED TO GRAB SOME GAMES

But as he pointed out a lot of these games are available for cheaper right now or often. Come on we are cheap asses! There were a few things here and there but like I said not a great sale. Don't take it personally.
Absolutely. And saying something like, "Hey guys, the following games can be found cheaper on this other site:" would be awesome and appreciated. Thread-shitting, on the other hand, helps no one.

I'm on the fence for Lego Batman 2. I can't find another game that I want. I wish portal 2 was in stock, I need two of those for cheap so a friend and I can play it.

thanks OP, picked up 2 games to add to the backlog.  I'll pay $10 for new games all day long but already had most of the titles listed.

Would jump on this if Tekken Tag 2 was in for PS3...  :/

A lot of games in the list I want, but I know would sit on the backlog.  In fact, many games on this list that I already have are already doing that.  -_-;;

i am going all the way to the end right before my cc is charged, and I am not seeing 2 for $20, and I am not getting free shipping... is this deal dead now?

Edit:  Apparently borderlands 2 does not qualify even though it is under $20.

Thanks OP, finally jumped on :360: Otomedius Excellent and grabbed :360: Sonic Generations since site glitches made me miss it during the Microsoft Store sale.

This sale tells me I definitely have too many games already.  There are a lot of good titles on that list... but I already have most of them.  I guess nothing for me this time

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition would be a great pickup in this sale as it is becoming kind of rare/expensive ($24.99 preowned at GS).

i am going all the way to the end right before my cc is charged, and I am not seeing 2 for $20, and I am not getting free shipping... is this deal dead now?

Edit: Apparently borderlands 2 does not qualify even though it is under $20.
That's weird. I swear it worked earlier (i.e. showed as $10 in my cart along with another game). Although i can't confirm 100% because I ended up NOT checking out - and I was adding/removing several different games before I decided to pass on this deal (with Black Friday and next gen not too far away... my backlog is just too big already).

I know Minecraft never worked, but I'm like 80% sure that Borderlands would have worked earlier.

bread's done
Back