Meijer 20 percent off Kindle Cards, 10 percent off Electronics

One more thing in case people are confused. Kindle Cards are considered General Merchandise which is why you are able to get 20 percent off, I've done this a couple time personally. 

FYI the 20% is on one item so plan accordingly.  If you can find a rechargeable card then I think you can get more than $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
also i thought I heard something about meijer carrying a new type of amazon kindle card that lets you charge it up until $500 which would actually be 400 with the mperks coupon :)

also i thought I heard something about meijer carrying a new type of amazon kindle card that lets you charge it up until $500 which would actually be 400 with the mperks coupon :)
You are correct sir, They have the 25, the 50, and a black card that lets you put any amount between 15-500

Just a heads up, last time I tried using the 20% off coupon it didn't work, but the 10% off Electronics did. I think it's because Electronics is technically a sub-section of General Merchandise, and since there's a separate coupon, it only works with that. Or maybe it was a mess up on my end, but in any case, make sure you pay attention to what discount gets applied.

has a reward coupon for  6 off 40 in Electronics

could buy a  40 buck game get 10% off and then get another 6...   40 buck for 30  

I feel like the last time they did this, the Kindle card rang up as an electronics item for me, and I only got the 10% off..just saying, proceed with caution there.

last time they did the 20% off an item it worked fine for me on the $15-$500 amazon card. I had to do multiple transactions but was able to use the mperks coupon that was loaded to my account for each transaction. Didn't need the printed coupons at all

@BobTheFlub is right. As someone who has personally taken advantage of these deals many, many times I can all but guarantee that the 10% off electronics will override the 20% off general merchandise because Kindle, PSN, Microsoft Points, etc. are all considered electronics in Meijer's system.

The 20% also says it excluded electronics.

Still, $45 for a $50 GC isn't bad. I'm sure the "Meijer Bucks" coupons for better discounts on these cards will show up around Halloween, though.

hmmm if the kindle card turns out to be general merchandise and gives the 20% off.. if you wanted a psn card you could just buy it off of amazon as a code :) and it'll be available instantly so either way you could still ge the 20% and combine it with the current spend 50 get 10 back psn promo until october 29 thats going on..

@BobTheFlub is right. As someone who has personally taken advantage of these deals many, many times I can all but guarantee that the 10% off electronics will override the 20% off general merchandise because Kindle, PSN, Microsoft Points, etc. are all considered electronics in Meijer's system.

The 20% also says it excluded electronics.

Still, $45 for a $50 GC isn't bad. I'm sure the "Meijer Bucks" coupons for better discounts on these cards will show up around Halloween, though.

Then just don't clip the 10% electronics coupon and only the 20% general merchandise one and there shouldn't be a problem.

Then just don't clip the 10% electronics coupon and only the 20% general merchandise one and there shouldn't be a problem.
Ha! Never even thought about that. I just unclipped the 10% one. I will hopefully at least get a $50 card for $40.

Only issue is if the excludes electronics for the 20% coupon prohibits Kindle cards.

The last time (8/30/13) Meijer  had a 10% off electronics and 20% off general merchandise they stacked for me.  But since the cashier was helping me she said it wasn't suppose to.  She then called her boss.  I am not sure if they then changed it in the computer for it not to happen again.  This was at before 7:00 am on the Friday of the sale.  Maybe this is why timberwolfbobby only got 10% off.

Last time I tried to buy kindle cards, no discount was applied at all until the cashier manually put it in. Even then, she only gave me a 10% discount. My plan was to purchase multiple kindle cards, but I just ended up putting them all back because I didn't want to attract unnecessary attention to myself. It was at the self-check out lane.

Ha! Never even thought about that. I just unclipped the 10% one. I will hopefully at least get a $50 card for $40.

Only issue is if the excludes electronics for the 20% coupon prohibits Kindle cards.
I've done it two different times when it said 20 percent off general merchandise, hopefully it works again but I don't see why it wouldn't.

I know someone who works at Meijer, it would be amazing if their employee discount stacks on top of this...
I worked at meijer during the summer. You get a 10 percent discount card on general merchandise and it does stack with whatever promotion or sale they have including summer/winter bucks and mperks.

I worked at meijer during the summer. You get a 10 percent discount card on general merchandise and it does stack with whatever promotion or sale they have including summer/winter bucks and mperks.
Well, it's certainly worth a shot then. Hopefully my Meijer carries the special black cards and I can get a major discount on a PS4.

I wish I knew what a Meijer is.
I think it's like Target.

KY, IL, OH, IN, MI

If I were to want a 500 card, it would almost be worth it for me to drive to KY for 50 dollars after gas. Been wanting to go to Mammoth Caves.

heres a question, I want to buy a 500 dollar card. Thats a black amazon gift card at meijer? Do i do self check out or do I have to go to cashier? Thanks! 

heres a question, I want to buy a 500 dollar card. Thats a black amazon gift card at meijer? Do i do self check out or do I have to go to cashier? Thanks!
if it does not take it the first time DO NOT TAKE IT. I had problems with 3 ds cards that dont ring up the first time it voids the card

quick question i pre ordered two xbox ones from amazon and they dont charge until item is near shipping time .... if the 20% thing woks does that mean i can use that 500 card for something already ordered but not pay'd yet? cause saving 100$ off xbox one AND no tax AND free shipping would blow my mind !!!!!!!
please someone confirm this for me as i am not super amazon familiar

quick question i pre ordered two xbox ones from amazon and they dont charge until item is near shipping time .... if the 20% thing woks does that mean i can use that 500 card for something already ordered but not pay'd yet? cause saving 100$ off xbox one AND no tax AND free shipping would blow my mind !!!!!!!
May ultimately have to cancel and reorder with the cards if it doesn't work, but I would try it, then talk to CS first.

You are correct, buying discounted cards at Meijer is how I paid for my Xbox pre order.

Just add the gift cards to your account afterwards goto your order history and find the xbox order and press apply gift cards to this order

Just tried for the 20% and only popped up with the 10% offer. Hopefully someone can find a way to make it work by tomorrow.

PSN cards are 10% only, but I had both clipped.

My store in Algonquin, IL didn't seen to carry any Kindle cards at all, that I could find, going to try another one this afternoon.

PSN cards are 10% only, but I had both clipped.

My store in Algonquin, IL didn't seen to carry any Kindle cards at all, that I could find, going to try another one this afternoon.
i go pick some up today then.. i got a rewards thing that says if i spend 40 on elect. i get another 6.

so 40 -10% 36 - 6 would be getting 40 in psn for 30 if i could get them for 20% would knock it down to 26

i go pick some up today then.. i got a rewards thing that says if i spend 40 on elect. i get another 6.

so 40 -10% 36 - 6 would be getting 40 in psn for 30 if i could get them for 20% would knock it down to 26
Those rewards coupons must be earned first before using. Just a heads up.

I couldn't get the 20% to work this time on the Kindle Cards, only the 10% would work.  Anyone else have better luck or has this been changed?

Yep... I think they caught on to people doing the kindle cards. I tried to do a 15% off general merchandise one last time, and it wouldn't work. This was about a month ago.

Those rewards coupons must be earned first before using. Just a heads up.
yeap.. also not sure if i really want to put another 50 into my psn wallet. forget the 10/20% is off one item so i would have to buy a 50 buck card could not buy 2 20 cards

if the psn cards are only ringing up 10% off. i doubt i do it even with earning the other 6 bucks

bread's done
Back