Best Buy Clearance- Wii U Gaming Essentials Kit $5.99

So it's the "essentials", yet doesn't include the most important essential, being a screen protector. I can see why this is so cheap now, since most of this stuff included isn't necessary. The gamepad isn't something you would take on the go, so not sure why you need a case for it.

I have this and I actually really enjoy it. I mostly keep the gamepad in the case to keep it safe as I have two young kids that run all around the house. The silicon sleeve and screen cleaner are nice as well.

It doesn't have a screen protector, but the screen is actually fairly durable. Unless you are using a razor blade for a stylus you should be fine.

Not sure where shipping came into play, it's showing free shipping for me.

I love this kit for the silicone gamepad glove and outer carrying case. I tossed the styluses and screen scrubber as soon as I opened it.

I thought this was old news when I bought this at the end of August. Every BB in Las Vegas that I visited had this kit on clearance for $5.99 since then. Great deal!

After further inspection, the gamepad case looks like it might be a good option as a gun carrying case for my .357 Magnum or possibly my 9mm for in the car. I think I'll buy this just for kicks to see if it makes a good gun case on the cheap.

Free shipping for orders over 25$.  So unless you have some other stuff to buy,  I wouldn't bother getting this.

A case is a good thing to have for a controller this expensive (and potentially fragile).  Nintendo stuff has always been the most durable,  but with a big glass screen in the middle,  I'd want something hard covering it.  Also people with the Wind Waker Gamepad might want it protected as well.

Its not a handheld system, but its more portable than other consoles, so its good to have a case.  After all you can plug it in anywhere and play on the gamepad.

I picked one up at BBY at $5.99 a while back thanks to a post by a fellow CAG.

I saw this same thing at TRU for $40 last week. It even had one of those security spiderweb g-string things around it...

For some reason I can't add anything to my cart on Best Buy's website. I've been trying to buy Zombi U for a week. I contacted support but that wasn't any help. They told me to call their 800 number and order there.

I hope I can get if figured out or they don't have any good deals this holiday.

I would get the case for protection from dust, but I just don't feel like paying for the shipping.
Unless you can somehow stick it on the charger stand while it's in the case, it's a useless item. WiiU's Gamepad has an abysmal battery life; it spends just as much time plugged up as it actually does in use.

That is why I went with the nerf armor versus this, not being able to use the charging stand is a big no no, since the gamepad needs recharged constantly.  I hope that when they start selling gamepads separate maybe they have a better battery capacity.

I grabbed this kit at Maple Grove, MN BB (so did a few other CAGs) and I like it if not for the case only. I just don't want it getting dusty when it's not in my hands and the case is super similar to what I have for my 3DSXL

This was an instant buy for me when I saw it in the store for $5.99 yesterday.  I just picked up a Zelda console and don't want that gamepad being destroyed.  I actually bought the rocketfish clear case protector Best Buy sells for $7.99 as well.  I can put the gamepad in that hardshell case, and then put the whole thing in the zip-up case with the $5.99 kit.  Makes me feel like I'm protecting the casing of the controller and the screen.  The clear rocketfish case allows me to see the Zelda design.  Cool. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wii-u-invisishell/6891331.p?id=1218810565088&skuId=6891331&st=wii%20u%20rocketfish&cp=1&lp=1

I did the exact same thing you did! I felt pretty good about purchasing both as I don't want my Zelda gamepad getting scratched or overly dusty.

This was an instant buy for me when I saw it in the store for $5.99 yesterday. I just picked up a Zelda console and don't want that gamepad being destroyed. I actually bought the rocketfish clear case protector Best Buy sells for $7.99 as well. I can put the gamepad in that hardshell case, and then put the whole thing in the zip-up case with the $5.99 kit. Makes me feel like I'm protecting the casing of the controller and the screen. The clear rocketfish case allows me to see the Zelda design. Cool.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wii-u-invisishell/6891331.p?id=1218810565088&skuId=6891331&st=wii%20u%20rocketfish&cp=1&lp=1

I did the exact same thing you did! I felt pretty good about purchasing both as I don't want my Zelda gamepad getting scratched or overly dusty.
So how does the clear case fit? Does it fit well? will it rub the gamepad at all? I was thinking of picking this up.

bread's done
Back