Newegg - Wii Party U $39.99 Pre-Order (Game includes Wii Remote Plus)

soxxx

CAGiversary!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190367

78-190-367-06.jpg

The game is going for $49.99 at Gamestop currently so this is a deal as of now. I don't think Nintendo has given an official price yet. This game might also be a good game to throw in down the road for those looking for B2G1 free.

*UPDATE*

Now 34.99 with promo code: EMCXLVP96

$15 off in total.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how I'm thinking of it. Besides, those Wii Party games are supposed to be a blast. Never played the first one, but I hear nothing but great things about it.
I just preordered it, no tax+free shipping. If I change my mind ill cancel it.

This game also comes with a stand for the Wii U game pad, it allows you to place the gamepad flat

Kills me that the remote is black, not that I don't already have four white ones...

The first one was awesome, family and I must've sunk more time in that on Wii than any other game together.

Used the 10% off code on this (SAVE10SEP25Z), but it didn't apply. Spoke with a CSR and they're going to give me $4 back on my card once it ships. $36 :)

I've actually had Wii Party U pre ordered with Newegg for weeks at that $39.99 price. I posted about it when I found it, thought that listing is probably buried by now. They also had Wii Fit U for $40 back in August- I should have jumped on it then. Oh well, probably end up getting the balance board bundle anyways for $89.99 when the game releases in December, although I'll definitely scoop the free trial download of the game being offered this November, and sync the Fit Meter to keep the download forever for free, that way I can access it at any time without switching discs, and still have a physical copy for my collection of Wii U titles.

I pre ordered DKC Tropical Freeze with Newegg using an $8 off promo code a month or so ago, but the MSRP was $59.99. After it was announced the game would retail for only $49.99, I cancelled my pre order and went with Amazon, since their price reflects the new MSRP. I wonder, if I had kept my pre order with Newegg, would they have still honored the $8 promo whenever they get around to updating the price...?

How cheap does the WiiRemotePlus when it's on sale? I could use 1 more since my friends have 2 and I have 1
I was able to find a sealed brand new one on ebay for $25,

Oh wait heres a deal for you guys....maybe? Flingsmash for $25.99 on amazon +$3.99 shipping. FlinsgSmash comes with a Wii remote plus

http://www.amazon.com/FlingSmash-Wii-Remote-Plus-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002I0I85Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1380143758&sr=8-6&keywords=wii+remote+plus+bundle

I ordered it - but no dice on getting the promo applied afterward.  They were pretty firm that it does not apply to preorders.

What I'll probably do to "pay" for this is to sell one of the extra Wii Remotes that I have sitting around (still new) that I would have used on 4-player stuff.  I'll just replace it with the one that comes with this.  That ought to get the game down around $15-$20 for me.

Thanks for the heads up! If the eshop version of this is $20 or less, I'm going with that one :|
Normally I'd say no way - but since this is bundled with a Wiimote that is a possibility. If that's the case then I'd do that too - would rather just pay $20 there than $40 and having to sell a Wiimote, even if that means I get the game for less than $20. Plus I have the credit sitting there from the FE/SMT IV promo and $5 for $50 promo (I put the $30 from that promo on my Wii U and added another $20 card to it to get the extra $5).

Normally I'd say no way - but since this is bundled with a Wiimote that is a possibility. If that's the case then I'd do that too - would rather just pay $20 there than $40 and having to sell a Wiimote, even if that means I get the game for less than $20. Plus I have the credit sitting there from the FE/SMT IV promo and $5 for $50 promo (I put the $30 from that promo on my Wii U and added another $20 card to it to get the extra $5).
Yeah I figured that would be an impulse at that price. And judging by the pricing for Wii Fit U, it seems reasonable.

That is, of course, if they release it on the eshop (which I don't see why not since almost all of nintendo's titles have had day one eshop releases, or even -2 week releases )

Yeah I figured that would be an impulse at that price. And judging by the pricing for Wii Fit U, it seems reasonable.

That is, of course, if they release it on the eshop (which I don't see why not since almost all of nintendo's titles have had day one eshop releases, or even -2 week releases )
Yeah - I forgot about the early releases. That would be perfect in this case since then there'd be plenty of time to cancel the preorder.

I have a feeling, though, that since this game is supposed to be $50, the eShop version would probably be $30. I know Wiimotes retail for $40, but it just seems like too much a difference to go $20/$50. Hope I'm wrong though!

I ordered it - but no dice on getting the promo applied afterward. They were pretty firm that it does not apply to preorders.

What I'll probably do to "pay" for this is to sell one of the extra Wii Remotes that I have sitting around (still new) that I would have used on 4-player stuff. I'll just replace it with the one that comes with this. That ought to get the game down around $15-$20 for me.
I'm not sure about now, but when I ordered it there wasn't any exclusions listed for preorders on the page that had the promotional code, that coupled with "Well, I've used codes on preorders in the past and they've always worked" made the CSR agree to honor the extra $4 off.

Yeah, I guess they have their story straight now.  She came right at me with the "preorders not eligible" thing without me even mentioning it was a preorder.

Not sure if Nintendo is going to offer an eShop version of this game or not (no listing for the digital version on their website or Club Nintendo, with a digital version of Wii Fit U already up on Nintendo.com for comparison), so $34.99 with a remote is a pretty good deal incase they don't.

Also, for those that do Club Nintendo, don't forget to take the Intend to Buy survey that's up right now, which expires on October 18th for the extra 10 coins.

I'm not sure why people are expecting the preorder deal to be alive after the preorder duration is over. Like... common sense guys?

Also, $34.99 for a reduced price Wii Remote with a game is a STEAL. It's no where near crap. Sure it has some mixed reviews, but I can handle an experience that isn't full blown out when I'm pretty much getting the game for free.

Deal is dead, but given how crappy the game is anyway, was it ever alive?
Games actually really good. The Minigames are a lot more fun than the first one, and I like how they have more boards. Even though I've only done two of them so far, they both took quite a bit of time as well. Although I am playing with a party of 4 so that might make it a lot more fun, not sure who you're playing with but with that attitude I assume you either didn't actually get it, or you're playing alone. :(

Mine is shipping from NewEgg, but I have a question for those who got it... I'm assuming outer sealed box containing the Wii-mote, but is the inner game in a real case? And is it shrink-wrapped? The game will be a Christmas gift for my son, but we already have 4 Wii-motes, plus I'm buying the Mario & Luigi ones, so I will open Wii Party and sell the Wii-mote immediately if the game is inside, in a case, and sealed separately.

Thanks.

Mine is shipping from NewEgg, but I have a question for those who got it... I'm assuming outer sealed box containing the Wii-mote, but is the inner game in a real case? And is it shrink-wrapped? The game will be a Christmas gift for my son, but we already have 4 Wii-motes, plus I'm buying the Mario & Luigi ones, so I will open Wii Party and sell the Wii-mote immediately if the game is inside, in a case, and sealed separately.

Thanks.
I'm not much help for Wii Party U, but for the other Wii Remote bundle games I've seen (Flingsmash, Wii Play, Wii Play Motion, and the first Wii Party), the game was sealed on the inside in a standard case.

The outside box, however, only had one circular seal at the top, not certain if Wii Party U follows suit, however.

Yes, same here. I got Flingsmash, Zelda, and more like that. That's why I'm hoping this one is the same, but I don't want to open it and then it's different so I have to try and re-seal it.

So what's the shipping status of everyone's Wii Party U orders?  Mine left the DHL facility in TN last Friday but hasn't updated since and the provided USPS number is busted.

I swear to fuck, NewEgg can't even get a preorder right when they charge and ship on time.

So what's the shipping status of everyone's Wii Party U orders? Mine left the DHL facility in TN last Friday but hasn't updated since and the provided USPS number is busted.

I swear to fuck, NewEgg can't even get a preorder right when they charge and ship on time.
Mine says "Electronic Shipping Info Received" but also says that it was dropped off at USPS yesterday on the Newegg Tracking Page. Expecting to get it today or tomorrow.

Kinda wish I had gotten in on this deal. I don't need any more Wii Remotes, but I guess I could have sold the remote for like $20 and gotten a $20 game out of it.

Oh well.

bread's done
Back