Good error checking program for HDD? HD tune not recognizing 3tb hds

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hmm i usually use HD tune to check a HDD for errors before i use it. However for some reason its not recognizing the full size for a couple external 3tb D3 stations and a 4tb hitatchi touro i got. It only shows a few gigs. When i check the touro in windows under my computer it seems to show 3.7TB or so which sounds about right. When i run the scan anyway all the bars fill up red imediatly and it comes out bad. I find it hard to believe all 3 drives are bad. Does HD tune just not reconize HD's larger than 2 tb?

I like HD tune because it doesn't try to auto fix bad secotrs and stuff. I just want it to report any problems so i can send them back and get another HDD if theres issues before i start throwing stuff on them. Anyone know why HD tune is not recognizing them right? Barring that id be open to another good free program to try using. I need to scan these soon they're a the borderline of the return window. I dont like windows scan because it tries to move/fix bad sectors. I just want something to report problems to me

bread's done
Back