Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD"

Navex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone check it out? Pilot is right here:

http://watchabc.go.com/marvels-agents-of-shield/SH55300807/VDKA0_xbsx0pri/pilot

I thought it was pretty good. There were a few lame lines and the climax seemed a bit lame and predictable but overall I enjoyed it. I hope it does well and gets a full season as I'd love to see the different places they could go with it. Lots of potential to explore in the Marvel universe since the films will never be able to bring out everything.

I thought it was "OK".  The end scene was not expected with the car.  I had the feeling that they were going to mention either Stark or Extremis because of the release of IM3 on BR. I am going to watch the series, but knowing ABC, they might cancel it after 1 season.  ...however because of the popularity of the Avengers, all they have to do is do a few guest cameos (BW, HE, Banner, Fury, ect) and the show will truck along for 3 seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Once Upon A Time has soon to be three seasons and a spinoff show, then SHIELD will stick around. Also, extremis was mentioned a few times. 

So coulson is revealed to be an LMD ultron takes it over it becomes the medium for ultron to talk through

BOOM TIE IN TO AGE OF ULTRON

Thought it was okay as well.  Good potential.  I am hoping it just won't turn into an Alphas clone where they just go finding new superheroes.  Although the ending makes it seem like the next mission won't be.

I, personally, did not like the car scene at the end.  A little too cheesy for me.

Biggest drama debut since 2009. It's not going anywhere. I thought it was very good. They need one guest shot by one avenger each season.

Biggest drama debut since 2009. It's not going anywhere. I thought it was very good. They need one guest shot by one avenger each season.

I thought V and Last Resort were pretty good...but it was canned after 1 or 2 seasons (I know V got 2 seasons).

I'm curious as to how much they are allowed to say in the show without a price.  Are they allowed to mention Captain America or Thor without having to pay some fee to someone?

SHIELD was ok, I like their casting choices, the dialogue's pretty cute.

I think the thing I like most is that they tie it into the movies, which, the way the movies are, make everything feel like one giant tv-series.

I'm curious as to how much they are allowed to say in the show without a price. Are they allowed to mention Captain America or Thor without having to pay some fee to someone?
Doubt you'll see any of those heavy hitters in this show. You'll get maria hill and probably as much as you'll get from the marvel world the pilot episode had that guy from Angel who's power was to make ledges in a wall

I'm curious as to how much they are allowed to say in the show without a price. Are they allowed to mention Captain America or Thor without having to pay some fee to someone?
The show is produced by Marvel. They can mention every character if they wanted to. I'm sure they couldn't show characters they don't own the movie license for, but I don't expect to see any that they do either.

They can't show any of the actual actors that played Avengers. They can show the Hulk, but nobody else, unless they want to start restructuring contracts. And that would kind of defeat the purpose of the show. It's about the agents, not the superheros.

I really am curious how they will run this show if they can't show any heroes. Will it be like  a CSI where they show up after the events happened? What if they did the show after Nitro blew up a school. BOOM CIVIL WAR TIE IN

PAY ME MARVEL

lol...yes it's true they can mention all they want.  This isn't like that stupid Bat-embargo that kinda hurt some of the Animated series years ago.  My question is, how long until the main avengers find out that Coluson is still alive and be pissed off at Fury for lying to them?  What about that chick he mentioned he was dating to Potts while Tony was looking at the data he brought him in the Avengers?

lol...yes it's true they can mention all they want. This isn't like that stupid Bat-embargo that kinda hurt some of the Animated series years ago. My question is, how long until the main avengers find out that Coluson is still alive and be pissed off at Fury for lying to them? What about that chick he mentioned he was dating to Potts while Tony was looking at the data he brought him in the Avengers?
I'm not up on the comics, so I have no idea what the whole, "Tahiti," thing implies that Coulson and the other guy mention. I imagine that will answer some questions when they reveal that...you know, over the course of 15 more episodes or so.

The pilot was fine, but the hacker chick "Skye" is forced. I hate the "hot hacker/smart babe" in shows. At least she didn't have an accent of any kind. 

But it's got Chun-Li so I'll look forward to it every Tuesday.

1zg88b9.jpg

I haven't seen the episode yet but I have a pretty good idea of who it is.

Any talk of them including other characters from the Marvel U that aren't featured in the movies? I'd image street level heroes like Luke Cage and Shang Chi would be the easiest to pull off.

I thought the episode was pretty great. My only gripe is that I still don't see a use for both Fitz and Simmons. They basically do the same damn thing. One needs to go. 

I went in hoping that this would not be where the Marvel Universe jumped the shark. Two episodes in and that is exactly where it seems to be headed.

It's in a tough slot going against NCIS and The Voice which always do well in the ratings nationwide.

The way TV is now getting anything close to a 3.0 is good and Shield I think got a 3.3. But I'm not sure if it's enough to justify the shows budget, which must be massive.

It is beating out other new shows like Sleepy Hallow & Dads.

You know Fury's Cameo would have been best suited for the pilot or the season finale.   The CG plane is not too bad in some scenes. 

Son of a bitch ABC....they switched the time of the show from 8-9pm to 8-9:01pm....maybe doesn't sound like it matters much....unless this is the first day that you hadn't been able to watch it live and have other shows recording at 9pm which due to the 1 minutes cancels the recording for the entire SHIELD show.

Has this show been any better? I watched the first episode and it's was "okay". Just wondering if I should give it another shot.

so I read they announced that the show is getting a full first season......... my reaction........"ughh......"   I mean I don't hate it or like it, I am in the middle.

Gave up after two episodes.  I wanted to like it, but it's just so mediocre in every way.  I'm surprised Whedon is putting out something so meh.

Maybe it's because I've been drinking during every episode, or that I'm a huge Marvel fan, but I'm enjoying the series so far. Tonight's episode was a little weaker than previous, but I like that it's setting up something bigger.

So far the show has been ho-hum. The episode 5 preview showing the Asian guy with fire powers has me somewhat piqued if it turns out to be Sunfire.

bread's done
Back