Shenmue Game Review/Retrospective

SuperDerek1

CAG Newbie
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iprOdDakWp0[/video]

Hey guys! I'm a long-time fan of CAG, and now I'm starting up a small show of my own, The Game Collection.

In my reviews I try to approach games from a collector's perspective. I try to put together interesting facts about development, reception, and it's legacy, as well as current conditions for remakes, sequels, and potential re-releases, as well as current market values.

I'm also looking for feedback for how I can improve. So far I'm pretty new at making videos, but I think I've been learning quickly, and will take all suggestions to heart. I hope you like what you see! Thanks!

-Derek

Last edited by a moderator:
That was pretty cool. Just keep making videos and eventually you'll carve a niche/routine for yourself that I'm sure will bring along many fans.

I liked that a lot. The graphics are nice and sharp and the footage looks clear. Your voice isn't quite as clear as some folks on Youtube, but is far easier to hear than say Gamester81, who tends to have a lot of popping in his audio.

Thanks Jay, I'm glad to hear that the footage looks good. It's something I have been worried about a bit since I've been doing this on a shoestring budget. The graphics are all my own doing as well. Finally putting those years of majoring in graphic design to good use! :)

I'll see what I can do about clearing up my voice as you suggested. When you say "clear" though are you talking about my annunciation, or the quality of the recording/editing?

I'd watch more of your videos.  I think where you are in the videos should be changed.  Having a somewhat cluttered gaming shelf and only showing half of the cool Hylian shield seems to draw my attention away from you.  If you use that same backdrop I'd say zoom in a bit framing the shield, so I can be more like "Oh that's cool" instead of trying to figure out what all shit is on your shelf.

Great review.  I've never played Shenmue and have long wondered what makes it so highly praised, and I think you did a very good job showcasing what to expect from the game, so I'm now planning on checking it out sometime.

One of my favorite games ever. I still cringe at the ending of Shenmue 2 and knowing we'll never see the conclusion to the story.

bread's done
Back