Best Buy @Gamer Coupons 10/06-11/02: (After Coupon) $10 Prototype 2, $25 007 Legends, $35 Metro Last Light, $20 AoT: Devil's Cartel, $20 ESPN SC Wii U

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
May try and grab a $10 Prototype 2.  Already have it for 360 but never played it.  Trying to sell it but I'd like to still check out the PS3 version.

Yeah got mag earlier.  October is shit.  This has to be at least the 3rd time Prototype 2 has a coupon.  Pretty sure 007 Legends had one recently as well.

lol repeat coupons and more overpriced headsets bestbuy keeps trying to hawk every month. Are they ever gonna bring back the 50% off used?

With the Amazon pricematch of 007 Legends (which is YMMV, if I remember correctly), is there a chance the game could possibly be $1 dollar in the end? Just paying tax?

I haven't used a @Gamer coupon in so long. Would the Prototype 2 coupon work on the Blackwatch Collector's Edition?

It's a GCU thread what did you expect LOL!

But yeah another lame set of coupons, but with potential if Metro goes on sale for $24.99 or $29.99.
Everywhere had Remember Me for like $40 and they had it at $60 and gave you a coupon if you had Gamers Club Unlocked. Do they not understand why we are paying for the subscription? I haven't hardly used anything this year. I think I bought the one Wii U game Tank Tank Tank for free and resold it and that paid off the subscription fee, but geez. I used to save a bunch with this. Now it just plain out sucks. They also took away the $20 preorder bonus thing and now only have $10.

Everywhere had Remember Me for like $40 and they had it at $60 and gave you a coupon if you had Gamers Club Unlocked. Do they not understand why we are paying for the subscription? I haven't hardly used anything this year. I think I bought the one Wii U game Tank Tank Tank for free and resold it and that paid off the subscription fee, but geez. I used to save a bunch with this. Now it just plain out sucks. They also took away the $20 preorder bonus thing and now only have $10.
Everyone says the coupons suck every month. Then things end up being free or $5-10 and vultures beg for coupon codes. I wish people would hold their complaints until AFTER the coupons for a month have ended and a set proved to be total crap.

Prototype 2 is probably too old to go on sale and end up free, but $10 new isn't bad for anyone who missed it on clearance. Metro for $15 and/or AoT for $10 could happen. And the PS3 Stereo Wireless Headset coupon could be good if stacked with a sale, although that tends not to happen with the cans.

FWIW, Sony's confirmed that they're working on supporting both the WSH and Pule Elite's on PS4, so they'd be a reasonable future proof buy. PX51 on the other hand is a dead end and waste of money at any price.

Prototype 2 is too old of a game that there shouldn't be a coupon for it.  There should have been a Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite coupon instead - not that it would have made for a good deal but at least seem more reasonable.

I haven't used a @Gamer coupon in so long. Would the Prototype 2 coupon work on the Blackwatch Collector's Edition?
I actually got the Prototype 2 CE using the standard edition coupon from the Gamer's Club mag from a couple months back. The dude working the now defunct gaming kiosk was a real cool dude (always helped me out with getting deals that didn't exactly follow policy, etc) and he made it so that I could use the coupon with the CE. So really it's YMMV. I ended up paying either $30 or $40 and I think it was a solid deal for a solid game and some cool extras.

I actually got the Prototype 2 CE using the standard edition coupon from the Gamer's Club mag from a couple months back. The dude working the now defunct gaming kiosk was a real cool dude (always helped me out with getting deals that didn't exactly follow policy, etc) and he made it so that I could use the coupon with the CE. So really it's YMMV. I ended up paying either $30 or $40 and I think it was a solid deal for a solid game and some cool extras.
So it needed an override?

they used to work on ce last year but that got changed after the ff 13-2 one last march or april if i remember correctly. and prototype 2 for the third time ? wow lol. that being said these have potental with the right sale/price drop of course :)

Best Buy must be sitting on a ton of excess Prototype 2 copies if they still feel they didn't clear out enough the last couple of times it was on sale for $5-$15.

Prototype 2 is definitely worth $10 though. Nice and short, you can do a playthrough and new game plus in about 15-20 hours. 

Idk ive PMed and used coupon alot this year and I don't remember being turned down at Best Buy (Target is a different story). but ya it'll be YMMV

I'm surprised they didn't do a Skylanders coupon with Swap Force hitting the shelves in two week.  Everyone still has a crap ton of Giants merchandise that needs to start leaving now.

I think the last time I used a GCU was for the $5 Dragonball Z Kinect.  I don't think I'll be renewing next month.

My sub expired yesterday and they have made it so hard to renew, I don't think I will bother this year.  Not with black friday sales in the not so distant future and new console launches.

no it wasnt ymmv it actually worked without an override, even bby mods confirmed this. so u werent really that special haha sorry

My sub expired yesterday and they have made it so hard to renew, I don't think I will bother this year. Not with black friday sales in the not so distant future and new console launches.
their tivs are pickin up again at the least nd it only takes one good month of coupons for it to be worth it.

They haven't gotten rid of all Prototype 2's after what, three rounds of GCU coupon?

the same posters who bashes gcu, will be the same ones who beg for coupons, if metro last light drops to $10 with the coupon.

no it wasnt ymmv it actually worked without an override, even bby mods confirmed this. so u werent really that special haha sorry
Eh, I still feel kinda special. I've been able to match buy 2 get 1 frees, buy (game) get (other game, item, or such) free, buy (game) get other game 50% off, and stuff like that with basically no hassle or questions asked at Best Buy.

prototype 2 is an easy platinum for ps3 got it for $10 I think. worth it for trophy people.

been waiting for a reason to renew haven't found one yet. maybe if AoT drops to $10 I will think about it but eh nothing really worth a damn

the same posters who bashes gcu, will be the same ones who beg for coupons, if metro last light drops to $10 with the coupon.
But it won't. Even when the MSRP drops, Best Buy keeps the price of the game high when there is a coupon coinciding with it. Metro won't drop until the coupon expires.

Got my last physical mag today.  I know it probably won't happen but I'm still holding out hope that the stupid ESPN game gets a sale to make it flippable.  I'd be all over the used coupon but all of the BBs around me have TURRIBLE used game selections.

Hoping for a Metro Last Light sale. 35 is still kinda high considering it came out around the time Tomb Raider and Bioshock came out and those games can be found for around 20 bucks

My sub expired yesterday and they have made it so hard to renew, I don't think I will bother this year. Not with black friday sales in the not so distant future and new console launches.
Sanity check? Black Friday is EXACTLY why you renew. The B2G1 New < $40 welcome coupon works on sale items. You'll make your membership back on it alone. May be worth waiting a week or two to be sure welcome pack stuff expires after BF.

Rejoining is easy. You can print it from website or the pre-order kiosk thing that some stores have. Just make sure the CSR puts your phone number in and links to RZ before scanning the GCU bar code or the POS will throw an error.

bread's done
Back