K-Mart SYWR?

braves22

CAGiversary!
This may have been discussed but I havent been on here in some time and couldnt find it in search....

Did K-Mart do away w/ the extra points for SYWR members & buying games 1st week of release?

I haven't seen anything on this for some time.

Nope. Some games get them some games don't. For example NBA 2K14 has $10 (10,000 points) this week.

Was there anything for GTA5? I never saw anything and it would really tick me off if there was but I got no email or memo of it....

Heck, a few months ago I bought a couple games simply because of that.....I got $20 free money from NCAAF14 alone.

Was there anything for GTA5? I never saw anything and it would really tick me off if there was but I got no email or memo of it....

Heck, a few months ago I bought a couple games simply because of that.....I got $20 free money from NCAAF14 alone.
Nope. The only thing for GTA V was $5 in points if you bought GTA V and another rockstar game. If you check your e-mail or SYWR account they will sometimes have e-coupons that can be used in-store or online and I frequently get coupons for $10 in pts on $50 purchase or $20 in pts on $75 purchase and those come in handy

I would really like one.  Some might think it's outrageous, but I think it would go great on my shelf, and it blends in nicely with the other gadgets I have.  People will come over and be surprised at first.  They'll yell and scream that it doesn't belong here.  But once they see what I'm trying to do, they'll eventually warm up to it.  I just don't know if now is the right time to buy.  Should I wait for Black Friday?  Do you guys think the price will go lower?  At the end of the day though, I might have to pass.  Taxes kills it.

Last edited by a moderator:
SYWR itself is not dead, they still have some really great coupons at times (not for gaming, but that you can use on ANYTHING). There is almost always a $10 back on $50 purchase type coupon which applies to anything, so I'm sure that could have been used on GTA V. Sometimes I've even seen 20% back coupons which work on anything (so possibilities for great deal on black friday if any of these are live).

Unfortunately deals specific to gaming are more rare, although they have had a pre-order list of games for awhile (online). I hardly see anything advertised anymore about an actual launch week game deal that you can get in-store. Everything is either a pre-order deal or is just not worth it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
SYWR itself is not dead, they still have some really great coupons at times (not for gaming, but that you can use on ANYTHING). There is almost always a $10 back on $50 purchase type coupon which applies to anything, so I'm sure that could have been used on GTA V. Sometimes I've even seen 20% back coupons which work on anything (so possibilities for great deal on black friday if any of these are live).

Unfortunately deals specific to gaming are more rare, although they have had a pre-order list of games for awhile (online). I hardly see anything advertised anymore about an actual launch week game deal that you can get in-store. Everything is either a pre-order deal or is just not worth it.
Yeah this is what sucks because thats where I used to get my games and specifically for those $20 in points launch deals.....it was always easier to get in and out of my KMart and be able to find the games easily....

I wonder if they weren't making enough off doing that.....I'd really question it though bc my KMart is usually rarely busy and like I said, thats where I went for games for quite some time bc of the SYWR deals.....

Yeah this is what sucks because thats where I used to get my games and specifically for those $20 in points launch deals.....it was always easier to get in and out of my KMart and be able to find the games easily....

I wonder if they weren't making enough off doing that.....I'd really question it though bc my KMart is usually rarely busy and like I said, thats where I went for games for quite some time bc of the SYWR deals.....
As far as I am aware (based on information I am not sure whether I am even allowed to discuss publicly) the Kmart Gamer program* was working out quite well for the company. Unfortunately, they decided not to provide the needed funding to run such a program, as Josh was, essentially, a 1 man show.

With the death of kmart gamer, the deals soon fell away.

*I'm fairly certain Kmart gamer was the driving force behind pushing these point related promotions.

Just noticed they have $10 credit deals this coming week....

Works out quite well actually because I was looking to get WWE2k14 so for one more week KMart will get my business on this.....

And yes, I loved the gamer program....for someone who doesnt buy all the time but still at age 30 buys more games than the average individual, some of the deals they had were nice, especially when with the added points, I could buy t-shirts and food for my pets, etc....

It just made it completely dynamic and so much different than having something at another place you usually purchase games at.

bread's done
Back