Best Buy Ad 10/13-10/19

Twitter

Banned
$25 trade in bonus when you trade in 5 or more select games (doesn't specify which games, but I assume they say "select games" so people don't come in with really old games)

Halo 4 = $9.99

Diablo 3 = $49.99

XBOX 360 250 GB bundle with Halo 4 game and Tomb Raider download voucher = $249.99 ($50 savings)

XBOX 360 E 4GB Console = $179.99 ($20 savings)

Isnt it supposed to be trade 3 for $10 so how is a $5 for $25 happening. Unless both are working at the same time and trades have to be a $5 minimum.

$25 trade in bonus when you trade in 5 or more select games (doesn't specify which games, but I assume they say "select games" so people don't come in with really old games)

Halo 4 = $9.99

Diablo 3 = $49.99

XBOX 360 250 GB bundle with Halo 4 game and Tomb Raider download voucher = $249.99 ($50 savings)

XBOX 360 E 4GB Console = $179.99 ($20 savings)
I'm sure the GotY Edition of Halo 4 at $59.99 being on the shelf (starting on the 8th) isn't going to cause ANY problems with a well run place like BB is it? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I need that Diablo III to drop a bit further - I absolutely loved the demo. Hopefully $30 by Black Friday.
I couldn't hold out and got it from a CAG for $45.

I think you also get the Infernal Helm if you buy new still.

I love those games, and I had to choose between Diablo 3 or Dragon's Crown at the time of release.

Looks like I'm picking up Halo 4 again after giving my launch copy to my younger brother. That trade in offer sounds promising as long as no values tank further.

Any word yet on the base TIV required for the 5/$25 bonus? I'm hoping it's $5 like this week's promo. Also hoping the games I've set aside hold their value for the next 5 days.

I'm looking all over the Best Buy website, but I don't see anything about a trade 3 10 dollar bonus!  Is it a specialty thing?  Is there a list of games where this applies?  Can someone provide a link or information?

I'm so torn. I really want to buy Halo 4 again, especially at that price but I'd have to pay for XBL Gold to use it and I don't like the idea of paying for PS Plus and XBL Gold at the same time.

I'm thinking the 4GB 360 will be $99 on black friday

I have 3 I could trade in now for the xtra $10, but if I wait til Sunday will I get a xtra $15 or is it trade in a minimum 5 games to get the bonus? Cause I don't have 5 to trade in that have a $5 base value...

Diablo 3 selling poorly...I don't know about that. There is a good loot audience on consoles and some pc players are double dipping...the resale prices are holding up quite well too.

As someone who only wants to play Halo 4 for the single player play through of the story is there any reason to go for the GOTY? I mean $10, that is pretty cheap.
I've bought every Halo game, all the maps, the re-releases, everything. I had the "Halo 4" Limited Edition on Day 1. The multi is pretty bad, but the campaign is unbelievably terrible. Some of my best friends work/worked for 343, and every single one of us feels the same way. There's a million better things to put $10 toward. Heck, "Halo 3" will be free in a few days. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

I've bought every Halo game, all the maps, the re-releases, everything. I had the "Halo 4" Limited Edition on Day 1. The multi is pretty bad, but the campaign is unbelievably terrible. Some of my best friends work/worked for 343, and every single one of us feels the same way. There's a million better things to put $10 toward. Heck, "Halo 3" will be free in a few days. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Really having a hard time telling if serious...

Really having a hard time telling if serious...
If I hadn't played it myself, I'd probably feel the same way, but unfortunately, I have. It really is that bad. 343 did wonders for "Reach" too. I don't know what happened in between taking over that one and making this one.

Best Buy issued those $5 reward certificates just in time. $5 Halo 4 is a must.

If I hadn't played it myself, I'd probably feel the same way, but unfortunately, I have. It really is that bad. 343 did wonders for "Reach" too. I don't know what happened in between taking over that one and making this one.
Pretty sure they didn't work on Reach, pretty sure that was Bungie's last Halo and 343's first Halo was Anniversary...

Anyway I played the campaign and just couldn't get into it. Since I got one of those $5 promo credits I'll probably pick it up again for $5 to try it. I also the thought the MP was pretty fun, but odd the way the weapons were there...

Putting a lot of faith in BB keeping the base $5 TIV for next week's trade-in promo. I've got 7 potential $5 trades so hopefully I'll be all set.

Anyone have that list from the GS 2 for $10 sale that has $5 base at BBY? I tried doing it manually but it's taking forever on my phone and I can't find it in the GS thread.

Pretty sure they didn't work on Reach, pretty sure that was Bungie's last Halo and 343's first Halo was Anniversary...

Anyway I played the campaign and just couldn't get into it. Since I got one of those $5 promo credits I'll probably pick it up again for $5 to try it. I also the thought the MP was pretty fun, but odd the way the weapons were there...
Bungie made "Reach," and 343 took it over, exactly like I said they did. Their changes/fixes to the original product were spectacular. The multi in 4 feels more like CoD than other Halo games. It's laggy, peer-to-peer garbage, and yeah, the campaign is hard to get into AND stay into, IMO. It's pretty enough, but that's about it. I played it 4 player co-op on legendary the night it came out, and we had no problems, but the few attempts to replay it afterward led to gamebreaking glitches. The series has never been known for brilliant storytelling, but this one ... shivers. Also, it's not their fault that they couldn't have Marty, but the music was yuck.

I'd say to even put $5 somewhere better, but that's pretty dang cheap for a game, and sometimes, it's worth it just to see for yourself. If you end up liking it, power to you. I'd rather you not feel like you wasted your money. I just wish I didn't either.

Well halo 3 will be free next week,and plus I already own halo 4 with all the DLC,story mode suck but the MP is ok to me but to each its own.

Couldn't disagree more.
While I couldn't get into the multiplayer, I found nothing at all wrong with the Campaign. Plus you will enjoy probably the best graphics in any game on the 360, and sound effects that are outstanding. Not only that, but the addition of Spartan Ops adds basically a second entire Campaign. Not to mention Forge, and the Multiplayer is there for anyone who might like it.
So yeah, $10 for what you get is a pretty nice deal.

Figured I would actually post this here since it would be more useful. Was able to PM the Pokemon 3DS with Pokemon game for $230 at BestBuy from Walmart. Not the biggest savings...but enough of a reason to let me pull the trigger :razz:

Couldn't disagree more.
While I couldn't get into the multiplayer, I found nothing at all wrong with the Campaign. Plus you will enjoy probably the best graphics in any game on the 360, and sound effects that are outstanding. Not only that, but the addition of Spartan Ops adds basically a second entire Campaign. Not to mention Forge, and the Multiplayer is there for anyone who might like it.
So yeah, $10 for what you get is a pretty nice deal.
343 acknowledged that the first batch of Spartan Ops wasn't popular. Each mission was nearly the same; all that would change was the map. It was basically Firefight with a hint of story that I didn't find interesting (few did). You compare it to the campaign. I won't argue, but I don't think that's very complimentary. We both didn't like the multi. That's a big deal in a Halo game for most people. You say it's a good game because of the graphics and sound (in the SP), and because there's lots of content you didn't enjoy or use. That's just not enough for me.

I mean, how often do people trash CoD for never changing? It's admirable that they changed just about everything. I just wish they hadn't changed it into CoD. Haha.

You say it's a good game because of the graphics and sound (in the SP), and because there's lots of content you didn't enjoy or use. .

Actually, I said it had a lot of content that I did enjoy, I just couldn't get into the Multiplayer. And that was only because I never play MP in ANY game.
I'd hate to see someone miss this game for $10 if they were on the fence about it.
I'm not trying to change anyones opinion, I'm just offering a different one.
It's $10 and it trades back in for $6 if you don't like it.
I enjoyed the campaign, and Spartan Ops with my son. He spent FOREVER messing around in Forge. I played enough of the multiplayer to get the acheivement...which is something I usually never play.
I've played the campaign multiple times, and after talking about it, I think my son and I are going to play some of it right now.

I would without hesitation, at least give it a shot to form my own opinion at that price.

Actually, I said it had a lot of content that I did enjoy, I just couldn't get into the Multiplayer.
Not gonna argue what you actually did/didn't say when...

I'd hate to see someone miss this game for $10 if they were on the fence about it.

I'm not trying to change anyones opinion, I'm just offering a different one.
I'm doing the same thing, so it's all good. My perspective is I'd hate to see anyone waste $10, or even $5, on this game. I don't think 343 deserves another dime from it. As a person who played all the previous ones to death (as well as this one, technically), it was probably the biggest disappointment this generation. It was so bad, it made me like all Halo games less. My buddies and I played Halo games regularly until this one. Now, I'm the only one who has touched one in over a year.

...But that's us. I've expressed more than enough of my opinions on this game. Adios.

bread's done
Back