PS Vita?

SativaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Hey guys... I'm interested in a Vita and I wanna not only know if there are any good deals for one.. (just interested in the wi-fi only one) but I also wanna know people's opinions of the system. I have a 3DS XL, and I haven't owned 2 handhelds in many many years... The system interests me so much, but all I've heard on it that is nice is the fact that you can get old games like Parasite Eve on your Vita (which I LOVE that series) but I wanna know about the overall system and what people think of it in terms of games, PSN, etc...Also, on the old games like Parasite Eve, do you get trophies for them? Thanks guys!

So, I'm going to throw out a little bit of a story, but it'll wrap up nicely.

I've always been critical of handhelds. While I liked the idea of them, I just always felt like they weren't worth keeping around. I had a PSP a few years back. I had gone through three DSes (one of which was purchased solely to play Pokemon Pearl.) Well, last year I got caught up in the GameStop PSPgo hullabaloo and purchased one and an extra 16 gig M2 card. It quickly became the console I put the most time into. 78 hours of Persona 3. 50 of Final Fantasy VII. In fact, I have purchased a majority of the PS1 RPGs to play while I have the TV on in the background. It because one of the best systems I have had in my possession, because I could play so many worthwhile games where ever.

As time passed, I had friends who owned a Vita, and while I liked it very much, I only saw Persona 4 Golden as a deciding factor. I loved my Go, and the Vita wasn't really worth the upgrade. Long story short, I was able to secure one for $100, and really seeing just how intuitive and beautiful the handheld is, I changed my story. There aren't hundreds of games readily available, but the library is pretty beefy as is, with new titles being announced almost daily. RPGs like P4G look and play wonderfully. Same with fighters like Mortal Kombat, and Need for Speed is a bit of a downgrade, but pretty impressive on a handheld. Uncharted is much like a tech demo, but it's still a great portable version of Drake's adventures.

To close, I'd say if you have the money available, and the titles interest you enough to make the price tag worth it, definitely pick one up. Keep in mind the PS4 abilities too, and that the Vita IS useful in some PS3 games to boot. I am very happy with my purchase.

I love my Vita, its great for short bursts of gaming. I'll play an inning of The Show during a commercial break while watching TV. Dragon's Crown is another one of my favorites for a quick burst of gaming, I'll play a level or two while waiting for my lunch/dinner to cook. Like the DS it has a standby function so even with games that don't stop the action when you pause you can step away for a minute easily if real life calls.

There's also enough games you'll want to sink a good amount of time into every sitting, which I use to game while the girl watches her crap TV.

As much as I want more exclusives on the system I would also really love to see more HD Collections. Still waiting for the Sly Collection that was rumored back in May as I heard those were great, but never played on PS2 and have plenty of current gen games to play before going through the collection.

I was thinking about trying to stack power up rewards coupons for a used vita at game stop. 25% off pre owned system is the steal of the week (7,500 points) and there is a $25 off any system (18,000 points).

bread's done
Back