MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE (WII U) + Nintendo classic controller pro - $19.99 (+$8 shipping)

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
MONSTER HUNTER™ 3 ULTIMATE (WII U™) - $19.99 + (about $8 for shipping) (and tax).

Comes with Free Nintendo classic controller pro (a $20 value).  Shipping is pretty bad, but purchasing other products along with it helps ease the blow.

I apologize if this has been posted already.  Pretty good deal.

EDIT:

Deal is dead, price is now $29.99 (+$8 ship).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rebuy that game at 20 or less in a heartbeat.  The shipping, though, will keep me from biting on this one.

I can use that controller to play some Wii games. But if I add another controller to my collection...wife will murder me. I already booked one of her drawers for all my controllers (2 PS3 Dualshocks, WiiU Gamepad, WiiU Pro controller, Wii Remote Plus, and Wii Nunchuck). Plus I already have the game. Stupid Newegg with their $12 off pre-orders from last year. :( 

Well with shipping and tax it was just a hair under $30 but still saving a couple dollars and having a free controller (so I can return this GC controller adapter) isn't too bad.  FYI to anyone who wants to grab their other sale stuff like Remember Me (comes with free DLC), Dark Arisen (free bobblehead) or Lost Planet 3 if you hit three games the shipping drops down to like $5 and gets cheaper the more you add to your cart.

Dark Arisen and Lost Planet 3 are also trade two games so if you happen to really want to shift real money to GS credit and save on shipping you have that option at least.

Well with shipping and tax it was just a hair under $30 but still saving a couple dollars and having a free controller (so I can return this GC controller adapter) isn't too bad. FYI to anyone who wants to grab their other sale stuff like Remember Me (comes with free DLC), Dark Arisen (free bobblehead) or Lost Planet 3 if you hit three games the shipping drops down to like $5 and gets cheaper the more you add to your cart.
Yep. If you're buying in bulk the shipping becomes a wash. Also remember at some point it becomes cheaper to switch from USPS to UPS too.

Yep. If you're buying in bulk the shipping becomes a wash. Also remember at some point it becomes cheaper to switch from USPS to UPS too.
Sadly I can't justify spending real money on games right now or I would have picked up Remember Me and Dark Arisen. Only reason I'm doing this is because I'll be getting more real money back when I return the first copy and this one comes with a $20 controller.

Grr I just bought a [used] classic controller [for $9 after PUR Pro] on Saturday and I certainly don't need another one. Sad to say I'll be passing on MH3U for now until its $20 flat.

It shows backordered on the Wii U page.  Which basically means, they'll take your money now and when they eventually get more stock in, they'll ship it.  This can be months from now and, even if you try to cancel it, they'll still ship it and say oh, well, we couldn't cancel it and you can send it back to us when you get it.  DR did this when Square Enix had that big sale towards the end of last year so you buy at your own risk here.

It shows backordered on the Wii U page. Which basically means, they'll take your money now and when they eventually get more stock in, they'll ship it. This can be months from now and, even if you try to cancel it, they'll still ship it and say oh, well, we couldn't cancel it and you can send it back to us when you get it. DR did this when Square Enix had that big sale towards the end of last year so you buy at your own risk here.
On the page if you click the Wii U tab it says "Available Now" where do you see anything about backordered?

On the page if you click the Wii U tab it says "Available Now" where do you see anything about backordered?
It showed in stock for me at first, when I checked again it showed being back ordered, I wont order if this is on back order, with my luck it would show up some time next year.

Ok I see it displaying back ordered now. When I purchased it didn't say that and when I was looking around after I seen you mention it I still hadn't seen that message.

Damn, made my order before I noticed Dark Arisen was on sale. Oh well... it's gotta hit that price on Amazon some time this year.

thank you so much for posting this deal. I thought holding out on getting the digital version for half off would mean I would have to wait a couple more months for a better deal but damn not even 2 weeks and its $20 with a free pro controller. Sucks that its a wii and not a wii U pro controller but still an incredible value. :)

The program they have to put things on sale probably hit every case with -0.4x. It's just because the listing is still sitting there.

I got some cases and MH3U, so I hope my order isn't backordered. I placed it before many CAGs.

Ordered one, thanks OP.  Does anyone know if the Wii Controller Pro works with any other Wii U games (other than Black Ops 2 and Monster Hunter)?

Edit- Never mind, reread his question and I think he was asking about the WiiU version which is only Wii compatible. I thought he was asking about the one you get with this deal since it looks like he had a typo.

Actually, I am pretty sure it is not backwards compatible. So you are stuck using it on Wii U only.
That's the WiiU Pro Controller. The Classic Controller Pro (the one that comes with this) is the one that was originally bundled with Tri and plugs into the Wiimote. It's just an upgraded version of the Classic Controller but functionally the same.

It shows backordered on the Wii U page. Which basically means, they'll take your money now and when they eventually get more stock in, they'll ship it. This can be months from now and, even if you try to cancel it, they'll still ship it and say oh, well, we couldn't cancel it and you can send it back to us when you get it. DR did this when Square Enix had that big sale towards the end of last year so you buy at your own risk here.
Or they won't ship your order at all and never tell you that your order was cancelled. That's what happened when I ordered during the Square Enix sale.

I didn't know Wii-U games were supporting the classic controller.

Does the new Wii-U Pro controller wireless affair also work with this game?

I may wait for non-bundle $20 version. BF perhaps. But if you need classic controller this is a great deal. Too bad shipping is $8 though.

So, my page didn't read backordered when I went to it this morning. Ended up ordering one, against my better judgement and having almost immediate buyers remorse. 

Well, whatever. #420YOLOBlazeIt420#

So my question is this: they've been updating this game since launch right? Adding a bunch of new missions and whatnot? Can you still access those, or is it like Fire Emblem Spotpass/Animal Crossing DLC where you can only access it during a very limited window? I actually bought this game back when Injustice launched but have barely touched it since, what with the online being dead and all that. I'd like to try to get into it as soon as I have time but it's gonna suck if I missed all that content.

I didn't know Wii-U games were supporting the classic controller.

Does the new Wii-U Pro controller wireless affair also work with this game?

I may wait for non-bundle $20 version. BF perhaps. But if you need classic controller this is a great deal. Too bad shipping is $8 though.
That's one of the FEW good things you can say about WiiU; it supports virtually everything the Wii had that doesn't require a GC controller/memory card. I had heard the only thing WiiU doesn't support is a standard Wiimote (unless you have the WM+ doohicky) but apparently it'll even work with that after Pikmin 3.

Last edited:
if you have to ask.....
I ask because I didn't see capcom listed on the website:

If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

I just called all 3 of my closest Best Buys and they are willing to match this.

I also had the closest Best Buy match AT&T's online store for my no-contract LG G2 recently (I saved $125).

Suck it, haters.

I just called all 3 of my closest Best Buys and they are willing to match this.

I also had the closest Best Buy match AT&T's online store for my no-contract LG G2 recently (I saved $125).

Suck it, haters.

Really... I would love to see a receipt where Best Buy is willing to PM a retailer that is not on there approve list AND also violate there PM T&C by bundling an item in there.

Talk is cheap. Lets see a receipt.

Really... I would love to see a receipt where Best Buy is willing to PM a retailer that is not on there approve list AND also violate there PM T&C by bundling an item in there.

I'll show you my receipt for my LG G2 soon, and when I head over to Best Buy later, I'm going to have them match this for Monster Hunter.

Oh, come now, are you serious? There's a term for this, it's called YMMV. I've matched more ridiculous things at Best Buy in the past, including that insane B2G1 Vita deal from last year (which was actually three games for $40) and a KMart gaming coupon on top of a discount for AC3 on release date. And the only reason I'm not trying to get this matched at BB right now is because I'm out of town on work in a poor sham of a town.

What the hell do you care if he's able to match it or not? You should be happy for the guy if he succeeds, in spite of the policies not being on his side.

bread's done
Back