* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Poll: Community Game Poll: Halloween Event! (290 member(s) have cast votes)

What game series' multiplayer should be the focus of our Halloween Event?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1201 Matty B   Quite exciting, this computer magic CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

You have Wreckateer listed as a 37 on Metacritic.  It's really a 67.

Yes, that seemed really low to me. Thank you. I will fix it.

#1202 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2555 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

For one reason, in my case, I haven't cared about a review since the Playstation 1 days. Review scores just seem pointless to me. I don't care if the game has a 10/100 or whatever, means nothing if I like it.

It still is, the scores don't mean anything

Yeah I see it the same way I just don't care about any points given by anyone, if I like it, I like it. no matter how high or low a score is...I don't have anythign against metacritic but for me numbers like these are just worthless. The last reviews I read must have been in some game magazines years ago...and even back then the score or review didn't mean anything to me.

Also Exclusives? Really? Is this some point of relevance for anyone? If the game is available on my system fine..if not..well get another system or just leave it be. It's not like you have to look out for exclusive titles...I also never understood why the marketing departments see exclusives as a point for sells for one system.

Last point of this discussion it IS kinda relevant to me if a game has MP and/or DLC this does affect my purchase habits more than any exclusive or scores.

#1203 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2555 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

So Capcom also dropped Revelations down $10. Not bad if it goes 50%.

Well next week it will drop by 50% so yeah there is your deal =P

#1204 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Is Microsuck ever going to fix payment options on the website so I can use my existing balance to purchase something from the website again? So annoying it doesn't work anymore.

Also Games for Gold this month suck donkey nuts.

#1205 robodobo  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Notes
Previous 'XBL Deals' Thread

• ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. All deals are US only, unless otherwise noted.
    ◦ Feel free to yell at the OP to change details. Pre-formating updates are greatly appreciated but not required.
$xx.xxGOLD prices are for GOLD members only. Must be a paying Individual/Family subscriber or within a console-activated "1 month complimentary GOLD trial" account. Neither "48 hr trials" nor "free weekends" qualify to buy.
$xx.xxWHITE prices are open to everyone!

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Deal of the Week"

Nov/5 to Nov/11 — Seriously Arcadey
Arcade CastleStorm = $2.49 (75% off) — xbldb
    ◦ !! — CAGs being charged $4.99 even when showing $2.49.
Arcade Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise = $7.49 (50% off) — xbldb
Arcade Pool Nation = $4.99 (50% off) — xbldb
Arcade Serious Sam Double D XXL = $2.49 (75% off) — xbldb
Arcade Serious Sam 3: BFE = $2.49 (75% off) — xbldb
DLC Serious Sam 3: BFE — Jewel of the Nile = $2.49 (75% off) — xbldb
Arcade Serious Sam HD: TFE = $2.49 (75% off) — xbldb
Arcade Serious Sam HD: TSE = $2.49 (75% off) — xbldb

Nov/12 to Nov/18 — Capcom Sale
Games on Demand DmC = $xx.xx (xx% off) — xbldb
DLC DmC — Vergil's Downfall = $4.49 (50% off) — xbldb
DLC DmC — Samurai Pack = $.50 (50% off) — xbldb
DLC DmC — Bundle Pack = $.99 (50% off) — xbldb
DLC DmC — Golden Pack = $.50 (50% off) — xbldb
DLC DmC — Bone Pack = $.50 (50% off) — xbldb
DLC DmC — Costumes Pack = $1.99 (50% off) — xbldb
Games on Demand Resident Evil 4 = $9.99 (50% off) — xbldb
Games on Demand Resident Evil Revelations = $19.99 (50% off) — xbldb
Games on Demand Lost Planet 3 = $26.99 (33% off) — xbldb

"Games With Gold"

FREE Games (x2 every month)
• Nov/1 to Nov/15 Arcade A World of Keflings = FREE (100% off)
• Nov/16 to Nov/30 Arcade Iron Brigade = FREE (100% off)

"Sales & Specials"
Dates & prices are not always 100% concrete.

Nov/5 to Nov/11 — ??
---

Extended Sales
---

November's Monthly Marketplace Markdowns/"Recently Reduced"

Announced
---

Unannounced
Games on Demand Max Payne 3 = $19.99 (50% off) — xbldb
Games on Demand Turbo: Super Stunt Squad = $29.99 (25% off) — xbldb

Coming Soon
Sources: Major Nelson

• Nov/5 DLC The Bureau: XCOM Declassified — Codebreakers = $2.99
• Nov/5 DLC Saints Row IV — Pirate’s Booty Pack = $2.99
• Nov/5 Games on Demand Call of Duty: Ghosts = $59.99
• Nov/8 Arcade Final Exam = $9.99
• Nov/8 Games on Demand WWE 2K14 = $xx.xx
• Nov/8 Games on Demand Angry Birds: Star Wars = $xx.xx
• Nov/8 Games on Demand PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures = $xx.xx
• Nov/12 DLC Bioshock Infinite — Burial at Sea = $14.99
• Nov/12 DLC WWE 2k14 — New World Order Pack = $9
• Nov/12 Games on Demand Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 = $xx.xx
• Nov/15 Arcade Contrast = $14.99
• Nov/15 Games on Demand Ben 10 Omniverse 2 = $xx.xx
• Nov/15 Games on Demand Zumba Fitness World Party = $xx.xx

#1206 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11166 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Reviews can be a great source of information, especially if there are particular reviewers who you know share your taste and priorities. Metacritic is great for linking lots of reviews in one place, but I feel like the actual Metascore is pretty worthless since so many review sites just slap an 8 on every game under the sun. Ultimately you have to have your own judgment of course. I know I'm going to play and enjoy Lightning Returns even if critics savage it, and I know I'm not interested in Battlefield 4 even if critics think it's the second coming, just because I know myself and what speaks to me. Nothing wrong with reviews though.

#1207 Dthib87  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

@Necrozilla I dig the formatting. Nice.

#1208 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3394 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

I still can't figure out how to get the free DLC. Don't see anything about a new package and it's not free for everyone on the marketplace.

As for next week, Revelations is a great game that somewhat successfully tried to mix classic and modern Resident Evil. The story is probably 10+ hours the first time through, and then you have Raid Mode, which was improved for the console release. Raid is set in the same locations as the story, but with many more enemies on three increasing difficulties for 1 or 2 players. There are several characters to choose from that have different stats, and it has a weapon/accessory collecting system. 

Raid adds a lot for some players, not so much for others, as you do go through the same 20 or so levels over again grinding for levels/weapons/parts, but it stays fun with a partner and proper difficulty. The other problem is finding randoms to play with. Most of the time you'll only find five or so people who are all max level, have hundreds of hours played, and are wanting to do the final ultra hard stage.

The game didn't get screwed with DLC like RE6 did. The whole game is there, all you can buy are two characters for Raid which have no new achievements. This game overall did a lot of things right that RE6 did not if you are a fan of the serious.

As for the other games, nothing needs to be said about RE4. If the new "Devil May Cry" and Lost Planet" games appeal to you, check around for some info. I had no interest because of their developers and neither looked that good to me.

#1209 dark_inchworm   Oyasuminasai CAGiversary!   1498 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

dark_inchworm

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

"Sorry, your purchase cannot be completed at this time"

Just what I deserve for waiting, yet again, to buy sale items during the final stretch... ah well, the Riptide DLC will probably get a markdown again before I even get around to playing.

#1210 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30611 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Yes, that seemed really low to me. Thank you. I will fix it.

Yeah, it seemed low to me too, that's why I checked it out.  When I first saw it, I thought "Ah man, Wreckateer wasn't that bad!"

Is Microsuck ever going to fix payment options on the website so I can use my existing balance to purchase something from the website again? So annoying it doesn't work anymore.

Also Games for Gold this month suck donkey nuts.

Microsuck! That's classic!

#1211 Matty B   Quite exciting, this computer magic CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Getting some price drops on a couple of Games on Demand; using Necrozilla's formatting:

Games on Demand Max Payne 3 = $19.99 (was $39.99 — 50% off) — xbldb
Games on Demand Turbo: Super Stunt Squad = $29.99 (was $39.99 — 25% off) — xbldb

#1212 Primis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Oy.  That's all I have to say about the next 2 sales.

I've rather enjoyed Keflings.  Never would have paid money for it, but for free it's good.  And it's only 160MB in size, quite small.  Small is good, it means you're going to stick around on my HD a lot longer.

Reviews aren't worth much until you developed a sort of "relationship" with the actual reviewer.  You have to read a lot of their reviews and learn what they like/don't like, and then find one that matches up closely with your own tastes.  Then, and only then, can you really put much stock into any one review.  But "ain't nobody got time for that" anymore.  I actually don't know the last time I actively sought out and read game reviews.

#1213 Matty B   Quite exciting, this computer magic CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Heads up on CastleStorm: It's actually supposed to be $4.99/50% off. Just tried to buy it on the console, where it still shows $2.49, and it wouldn't let me. So I bought it on xbox.com, where it still shows $2.49, and was billed $4.99.

#1214 robodobo  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Getting some price drops on a couple of Games on Demand; using Necrozilla's formatting:

Games on Demand Max Payne 3 = $19.99 (was $39.99 — 50% off) — xbldb
Games on Demand Turbo: Super Stunt Squad = $29.99 (was $39.99 — 25% off) — xbldb

TY! I will probably make a new XBL Deals thread soon and pre-formatting is the best thing one can do for the OP.

#1215 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Heads up on CastleStorm: It's actually supposed to be $4.99/50% off. Just tried to buy it on the console, where it still shows $2.49, and it wouldn't let me. So I bought it on xbox.com, where it still shows $2.49, and was billed $4.99.

Nooooooo. I knew $2.49 was a steal and should have DLed it last night but I wanted to play to trial first. Now I won't want to buy it at $4.99 unless it's spectacular.

#1216 Matty B   Quite exciting, this computer magic CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

I will probably make a new XBL Deals thread soon

This would be wonderful.

#1217 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Reviews aren't worth much until you developed a sort of "relationship" with the actual reviewer. You have to read a lot of their reviews and learn what they like/don't like, and then find one that matches up closely with your own tastes. Then, and only then, can you really put much stock into any one review. But "ain't nobody got time for that" anymore. I actually don't know the last time I actively sought out and read game reviews.

It's more important to me to find reviews that actually cover what is positive and negative about a game in any sort of depth. Our society is obsessed with ranking everything, so people put more stock in the final rating of a review rather than the review's content. For example, Giant Bomb's review of Ghosts went into detail about what game types were removed from multiplayer, and people actually were bothered by the reviewer taking the time to do so.

#1218 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

TY! I will probably make a new XBL Deals thread soon and pre-formatting is the best thing one can do for the OP.

Just get rid of that stupid poll and I'll be happy. :)

#1219 robodobo  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

New thread: http://www.cheapassg...ld-of-keflings/

Feel free to yell at the OP to fix stuff. First XBL Deals thread I made.

#1220 biledriver   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

biledriver

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

This is cheapassgamer yet so many people are all "reviews don't matter I don't even look at them" Well how the heck do you decide the best games to buy? Just based on promos and stuff that companies polish up intentionally? Strictly based on demos that provide a tiny bit of an example? Reviews give you the best look at what the game entails. Scores less than the actual review but it's still your best pool to make decisions that save you making costly mistakes. Unless I'm renting, reviews help me make the decisions more than anything else. I can't even think of anything else that comes close. Maybe playthroughs on youtube but then you often end up spoiling parts of the game for yourself.

As for the people that don't understand why exclusivity is important, I will assume you either don't have both systems or just pay microsoft for live without question. Otherwise, PSN has actually had better game sales lately and online play is free meaning it will often be cheaper to get a game on PS3 if that's possible. So, yes, exclusivity matters to CAGs who are watching what they pay.

#1221 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yea I was about to buy it when I noticed it was only 50% off. 

The trial was fun but I have enough games left over without spending $5 on a game. 

If this was $2.49 as was previously listed, then it would've been an easy buy.

#1222 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3208 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

This is cheapassgamer yet so many people are all "reviews don't matter I don't even look at them" Well how the heck do you decide the best games to buy? Just based on promos and stuff that companies polish up intentionally? Strictly based on demos that provide a tiny bit of an example? Reviews give you the best look at what the game entails. Scores less than the actual review but it's still your best pool to make decisions that save you making costly mistakes. Unless I'm renting, reviews help me make the decisions more than anything else. I can't even think of anything else that comes close. Maybe playthroughs on youtube but then you often end up spoiling parts of the game for yourself.

As for the people that don't understand why exclusivity is important, I will assume you either don't have both systems or just pay microsoft for live without question. Otherwise, PSN has actually had better game sales lately and online play is free meaning it will often be cheaper to get a game on PS3 if that's possible. So, yes, exclusivity matters to CAGs who are watching what they pay.

I never go by reviews because I might enjoy a game differently than some random guy on a gaming website who hated the game for one stupid thing. I have played many games that get crapped on by every reviewer and I have Rnjoyed many of them for example Brink,Duke Nukem Forever,and a couple others I cant remember. So I usually go by how a game looks,If it looks fun ill give it a try.

#1223 wirechild   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

wirechild

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

This is cheapassgamer yet so many people are all "reviews don't matter I don't even look at them" Well how the heck do you decide the best games to buy?

Except this is the Cheap Ass Hoarders thread where people buy everything that is cheap and add it the pile in the backroom... Regardless of the reviews!

#1224 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3394 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Discussion with actual people, watching gameplay footage, getting a feel for the developers, and simply trying games out through borrowing or renting. I do occasionally listen to a few reviews as one source of information among many, but as I said, you really need to know the individual reviewer's tastes and general opinions to be able to use that info effectively. I also used to pre-judge games based on developers. It's still somewhat useful info, but you have to keep up with them to know when a decline in quality is coming *cough* Bioware *cough*.

Some of my favorite games this generation received mediocre reviews, so that shows me the system isn't good for me. 

#1225 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68215 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

This is cheapassgamer yet so many people are all "reviews don't matter I don't even look at them" Well how the heck do you decide the best games to buy?

I know my own taste well enough to be able to tell whether a game is something I'll enjoy or not like.

#1226 SoraGamer1337  

SoraGamer1337

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Don't reviews/gameplay footage matter?

sig.jpg
sig.jpg

Thanks for Forza Horizon.

#1227 sweatysides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

sweatysides

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

I might as well sink with the ship.....

#1228 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30611 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

Can't let it die!  Someone perform CPR!

#1229 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

Can't let it die! Someone perform CPR!

I'm not certified :(

#1230 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30611 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

I'm not certified :(

Yeah, me neither.

Well the new guy's OP is ugly as sin, but I guess ugly and updated is better than ok looking and out of date.  

Not that I really give a Fuck.  I don't generally read the OP anymore, for obvious reasons.