Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition $53.99 + tax , USA - GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE

If anyone was able to stack that discount with another , I would like to know.

Sometimes discounts stack (besides the free shipping) @ gamestop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Patience = $40 or less on Black Friday
I doubt that the Special Edition would be that cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised if the regular edition ended up being that price though.

Too many stores sell the regular edition so there is a huge supply of them.

The USA Special Edition is a GAMESTOP exclusive.

I doubt that the Special Edition would be that cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised if the regular edition ended up being that price though. Too many stores sell the regular edition so there is a huge supply of them.

The USA Special Edition is a GAMESTOP exclusive.
i highly doubt the special/steelbook edition will still be available, especially with this being a gs exclusive by this months end.

I've been torn about this all day. Considering Heavy Rain: Director's Cut hit $10 eventually (and while I liked it, I totally understand the mixed reviews), do I wait or bite on the special edition? I do love me some steelbooks, but ehhhh.... Wondering if I can scrounge up some titles for "Trade 2," and get it that way. But I guess it's either use the code to order online or make with the tradin'.

I've been torn about this all day. Considering Heavy Rain: Director's Cut hit $10 eventually (and while I liked it, I totally understand the mixed reviews), do I wait or bite on the special edition? I do love me some steelbooks, but ehhhh.... Wondering if I can scrounge up some titles for "Trade 2," and get it that way. But I guess it's either use the code to order online or make with the tradin'.
i would bite if i was you, and wanted the steelbook. there is a good chance the steelbook will be valuable.

i mean they also offered the steelbook version in europe too, but in the UNited States, gs is the only retailer that offers it.
yeah I know...I was looking at used copies of NSMB2 that go for $20 used at BB...if I can trade 2 for the $50 deal towards B2S SE...it wouldn't be that bad

yeah I know...I was looking at used copies of NSMB2 that go for $20 used at BB...if I can trade 2 for the $50 deal towards B2S SE...it wouldn't be that bad
well, yeah it is not bad if you can find the means to get the deal with the Trade 2 for a new game for $9.99 or less.

i bought the steelbook edition today, then went to redbox to rent it before i open it just to be sure..... the games is f'ing amazing.... about 5x better than Heavy rain, and heavy rain was really good

So, is the coupon for use in store? Like someone said, I have a preorder and would like to get it without shipping.

Not worth buying to collect or resell (it'll never be worth shit), but if you like steel books, go ahead. I'll just wait for the sub-$15 price point, there's loads of better games out already that I haven't played, and many coming out. 

Not worth buying to collect or resell (it'll never be worth shit), but if you like steel books, go ahead. I'll just wait for the sub-$15 price point, there's loads of better games out already that I haven't played, and many coming out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Beyond-Two-Souls-PS3-Special-Edition-w-Steelbook-and-Extra-Content-/281181982290?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4177c08e52

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEYOND-Two-Souls-Steelbook-Edition-with-Sound-Track-and-DLC-/321222976110?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4aca61a26e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyond-Two-Souls-Special-Edition-Premuim-Steelbook-PS3-New-PRE-ORDER-/181227775747?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a32046703

Based on the demo of Beyond , I would say it's one of the most amazing games on the PS3.

Guys, $54 is an amazing price for Beyond. It truly is the best of both worlds: a game you can't really play, and a movie you won't really enjoy, all stuffed onto one disc! Plus there's a steelbook.

I knew that this game would be average, as soon as sony put out a collector's edition of this game for regular price. Sold my PS3 and waiting on my PS4. 

Guys, $54 is an amazing price for Beyond. It truly is the best of both worlds: a game you can't really play, and a movie you won't really enjoy, all stuffed onto one disc! Plus there's a steelbook.
At least its not a genre mined to death yet. I agree, it's probably not well enough executed for an already niche genre but if you want something different at least it's that.

I remember many people saying similar things about FF13 but FF13 became one of my favorite PS3 games.

Thanks OP, I was going to skip this but at this price for the added steelbook, along with everyone praising the game. I think I'll go ahead and purchase it.

I have not seen many gameplay previews or even played the demo. But I really enjoyed both Heavy Rain & Indigo Prophecy, so I'm sure this one won't be any different.

Thanks OP, I was going to skip this but at this price for the added steelbook, along with everyone praising the game. I think I'll go ahead and purchase it.

I have not seen many gameplay previews or even played the demo. But I really enjoyed both Heavy Rain & Indigo Prophecy, so I'm sure this one won't be any different.
gameplay video/ walkthrough of the game is already up on youtube, if you want to check it out , before taking the plunge.

gameplay video/ walkthrough of the game is already up on youtube, if you want to check it out , before taking the plunge.
When I played the demo , I thought about how FF13 should have been more like that.

It's down to $85 with free shipping, which is around $10 or so profit after shipping and fees. Not worth the time. It will just get lower as eBayers (dumb people) all set out to beat that price just to make a few dollars, which will inevitably make the $89.99 price point seem outlandish, so it won't ever sell at that again. Hell, even if you can sell it at that, you stand to make only $18 or so, and you can only order one from GS. All in all, if you think your time is worth that little, go for it. It's not worth hanging on to though, unless you call that an investment...

Unless someone really likes steelbooks, I'd just wait for the normal edition to drop, because it will, and you won't have to wait long.

It's down to $85 with free shipping, which is around $10 or so profit after shipping and fees. Not worth the time. It will just get lower as eBayers (dumb people) all set out to beat that price just to make a few dollars, which will inevitably make the $89.99 price point seem outlandish, so it won't ever sell at that again. Hell, even if you can sell it at that, you stand to make only $18 or so, and you can only order one from GS. All in all, if you think your time is worth that little, go for it. It's not worth hanging on to though, unless you call that an investment...

Unless someone really likes steelbooks, I'd just wait for the normal edition to drop, because it will, and you won't have to wait long.

Heavy rain took awhile to drop in price.

I bought the steelbook today, and I gotta say... It's a NICE steelbook. Definitely relieved it doesn't have the PS3 logos on it like the UK version. Also has a nice slipcover!

Can't wait to play later.

Man, reviews for the game thus far have been pretty hit or miss. HR was the same way but it's average was much higher... 

I got some trade 2 fodder and I'm leaning towards doing it for this game. But Diablo 3 is calling me right now. 

with Zelda WW HD CE, this steelbook, and the last few gamestop sales, I have spent WAY too much money on a CRAPLOAD of games to add to my backlog

The collector in me really wants this Special Edition but my massive backlog (*coughlosttrackat200gamescough*) and the fact that the radical spread of reviews means it will likely drop fast are giving me second thoughts.

YBX87 said:
The game has been great for me. Here's a video of the first hour of Cutscenes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGGWGqWNrwI

All the special edition extras are DLC. The soundtrack is also like 4 songs.
Ah, k...thanks. Might have jumped on it if there was a full physical soundtrack or something I'd regret missing out on. Still really looking forward to playing it, but I'll probably give my wallet a break and wait for the holidays or a price drop.

just wonder what does stock/inventory for the steelbook version look like in stores?  Didn't preorder but considering picking this up.

just wonder what does stock/inventory for the steelbook version look like in stores?  Didn't preorder but considering picking this up.
basically with a slipcover on the outside the steelbook, compare to your normal ps3 case.

i don't know if you guys aware of the fact that the north american version of the steelbook has interior art and title on the spine while the rest do not. So, it's the best of the bunch.

bread's done
Back