gamestop ps3/360 used systems $150 with free $20 game

It might be worth it to use that 25% pre owned systems coupon. Knowing GS it probably won't stack, but $112.50 wouldn't be bad for someone

I see tons of used 360 S consoles at pawn shops for $100.

That said, I have a slim ps3 from 2009 that doesn't read blu-ray movies well, but it reads games just fine. Kinda tempted to trade that in with the 50% bonus coupon and just buy another ps3.

gamestopsale.jpg

Verified locally. Manager stated the promotion is called System Shock and that it doesn't start until Thursday the 10th. Also stated that the 25% SotW coupon should work with it, although he didn't have all the details such as price points.

Verified locally. Manager stated the promotion is called System Shock and that it doesn't start until Thursday the 10th. Also stated that the 25% SotW coupon should work with it, although he didn't have all the details such as price points.
Thanks for asking, now to see if I can get that Star Wars console

I was in gamestop today and the guy there said all ps3's would be $150 and the xboxes would be $100. I think he said the xbox slim would be $129 but I'm not sure on that one.

How do you get the 25% off coupon and it's $150 for the 250gb xbox?
it's the SOTW coupon, just go to your powerup rewards account and go to rewards catalog and you should find it. I'm not sure how much points it costs though since I haven't redeemed it yet. I THINK ALL SYSTEMS ARE $150, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG

Last edited by a moderator:
it's the SOTW coupon, just go to your powerup rewards account and go to rewards catalog and you should find it. I'm not sure how much points it costs though since I haven't redeemed it yet. I THINK ALL SYSTEMS ARE $150, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG
7,500 points

My brother has really gotten into gta v. This might be a great pickup with the sotw coupon. I could get the system, free $20 game and gta v for $125 If I use the $50 coupon I was thinking of redemming

The Steal of the Week coupon might not work to discount 150x.25. I checked my Wii receipt and it has a promotion deduction for $20 on it. It probably will have a similar discount system.

The Steal of the Week coupon might not work to discount 150x.25. I checked my Wii receipt and it has a promotion deduction for $20 on it. It probably will have a similar discount system.
So basically that means what? The system won't allow the discount because of two promotions?

If you're on the market for a used console just go to eBay. People sell theirs cheaper and they bundle them with all their games. Especially now with the new consoles coming out, I'm sure there's some good deals to be had if you look around. 

[quote name="xFatalFlaw" post="11121323" timestamp="1381284137"]So basically that means what? The system won't allow the discount because of two promotions?[/quote]

If it auto-promos, or deducts like that, other promotions usually won't stack. Coupons should stack if the systems ring up normally at those lowered prices.

[quote name="Zolor23" post="11121160" timestamp="1381280069"]Is it any $20 game? New or Used?]
It said preowned in today's email and Store Informer.

If it auto-promos, or deducts like that, other promotions usually won't stack. Coupons should stack if the systems ring up normally at those lowered prices.

[quote name="Zolor23" post="11121160" timestamp="1381280069"]Is it any $20 game? New or Used?]
It said preowned in today's email and Store Informer.

It could mean that there is no stacking and the better one of the two deals is the one that takes the discount.
I guess I'm passing, then.

Some of the latest slim model (not the super slim, just regular slim) actually got converted from new to used, I recently picked one up. The employee gave me a heads up on their conversion. 

It was a 320GB model, everything looked as if it was just out of the box; from the controller, cables, to the PS3. It even had the PS+ 30 day trial code included inside.

Just a heads up for those who may decide to go with this deal.

Some of the latest slim model actually got converted from new to used, I recently picked one up. The employee gave me a heads up on their conversion.

It was a 320GB model, everything looked as if it was just out of the box; from the controller, cables, to the PS3. It even had the PS+ 30 day trial code included inside.

Just a heads up for those who may decide to go with this deal.
Thanks for the heads up! Same to you OP!

I've been looking into getting a PS3 again, and if the SOTW stacks, I guess I'll be getting one!

Hmm, I'm wondering, do you just ask if they have any of the limited edition consoles or are they boxed up so you kinda get a random console? It'd be nice to get the Halo Reach, CoDMW3, or Star Wars consoles. I already have the GoW3 and Halo 4 consoles so it'd be nice to have as a collection.

Hmm, I'm wondering, do you just ask if they have any of the limited edition consoles or are they boxed up so you kinda get a random console? It'd be nice to get the Halo Reach, CoDMW3, or Star Wars consoles. I already have the GoW3 and Halo 4 consoles so it'd be nice to have as a collection.
They probably will have them labeled as the limited edition consoles are a differen SKU and price than other consoles. Just ask them to look up their inventory.

Is it any $20 game? New or Used?
When has Gamestop ever run a promotion on new games? :rofl:

They probably will have them labeled as the limited edition consoles are a differen SKU and price than other consoles. Just ask them to look up their inventory.

If you look at the website the special editions do indeed have their own listings.

Thanks for the heads up! Same to you OP!

I've been looking into getting a PS3 again, and if the SOTW stacks, I guess I'll be getting one!
Used consoles will mostly be taped up in a cardboard box so you can always ask them to open it up and make sure everything is inside before you walk out the door. This way you can make sure your satisfied with the used condition.

If you want to even be safer, have them hook it up and test it out to make sure the hard drive is up and running.

Used consoles will mostly be taped up in a cardboard box so you can always ask them to open it up and make sure everything is inside before you walk out the door. This way you can make sure your satisfied with the used condition.

If you want to even be safer, have them hook it up and test it out to make sure the hard drive is up and running.
Oh definitely. That's how I picked up a white PS2 slim several years ago when they had them for $40 around the holidays. I had them open the tape on several boxes and found one.

I'd definitely not get a current console without testing it in store and checking it out.

If you're on the market for a used console just go to eBay. People sell theirs cheaper and they bundle them with all their games. Especially now with the new consoles coming out, I'm sure there's some good deals to be had if you look around.
Problem is you have to be super-cautious when buying a used 360 thanks to Microsoft's TERRIBLY idiotic policies. Unlike Sony, they don't just ban accounts, they ban systems. If you're unlucky enough to get one off of eBay, have fun with the disputes and the claims. Will you get your money back? I'm sure you will. Paypal always sides with the customer, but is it worth the hassle?

Gamestop on the other hand.. if you're unlucky enough to get a banned one, you just take it back with no problems. Get a refund or a new console, your choice.

So basically that means what? The system won't allow the discount because of two promotions?
I guess I'm passing, then.
I was at GS earlier to buy a preowned 3ds using the SOTW along with another PUR coupon ($25 off Pre-owned xbox 360, ps3, 3ds, or ps vita system) along with a $50 off anything coupon and the SOTW and $50 off coupon stacked but the other PUR coupon did not. What this means is SOTW could stack on the said promo along with any $ off coupons but not with any other coupons. Someone will need to try it to be positive.

So any? Just incase I placed an order, I'll decide later on if it's worth it and for official pricing info. I went with one Gears console and the 500 gb ps3. Here is to hoping it'll stack with the STOW. I'm kind of hoping this deal is a bust because then I will have to buy a 3ds and atleast a ps3 this week.

Do you get the SOTW coupon right away when you redeem your points, or is it like when you renew PUR and you have to wait for them to send it to you?
I will have to look into this PS3 that was converted to used. I had intended to wait until Black Friday, but this would be a far better deal to get into a Playstation.
....and from what I understand, they play 3D blu rays, correct? I'll just tell the wife I bought a 3D BluRay player.

I can't speak on the game part but my buddy who's a manager at Gamestop told me yesterday that its $150 for any used PS3 and $100 for any Xbox360

Problem is you have to be super-cautious when buying a used 360 thanks to Microsoft's TERRIBLY idiotic policies. Unlike Sony, they don't just ban accounts, they ban systems. If you're unlucky enough to get one off of eBay, have fun with the disputes and the claims. Will you get your money back? I'm sure you will. Paypal always sides with the customer, but is it worth the hassle?

Gamestop on the other hand.. if you're unlucky enough to get a banned one, you just take it back with no problems. Get a refund or a new console, your choice.
That's true, but if you stick with established users with 100% feedback, you should be pretty well off. I wouldn't even buy a $1 item from a new user, or a user with no feedback, so... Also, stick with the slims to avoid the RROD problems, obviously. I just found a good bundle I could have posted here, but I'm not looking for it again.

Or you could wait a month and a half and buy a new one for probably $99 and have it bundled with 2-3 games....

Or you could wait a month and a half and buy a new one for probably $99 and have it bundled with 2-3 games....
Well since MS can kiss my a$$ I'm not going to give them any money but I'd gladly take a used system from GS...

So is this in store only or could I order one in the morning and pick it up later?

Well since MS can kiss my a$$ I'm not going to give them any money but I'd gladly take a used system from GS...

So is this in store only or could I order one in the morning and pick it up later?
If you plan on picking it up at a store, just put a hold on it and pay / pick it up at your earliest convenience within a day.

Any info on this or is this just speculation/sarcasm? Unless it's a newly converted new to used product like the PS2 Slims 2 years ago, I think I can wait until BF for a deal on a 360, I just hope its better than the $200 plus games bundle we have seen the last couple of years. Unless I know who I am buying this gen consoles from, I am avoided them will all cost.

bread's done
Back